General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

glorp
Year: 2015
Color: Gray

Post by glorp »

Greetings and Salutations from Toronto, Ontario
Picked up my lightly used 2015 PCX150 last weekend

with the mandatory pic to prove it. Has 1500km and has had the first service done.
On order tall windscreen, service manual, ncy kit.
being built this week is a rear rack to hold my top box, cant find one online in North Amercia.

My first of many questions to follow, how in the heck are people on here stating 65 or more mph for a stock model. GPS verified my rev limiter cuts in at 62, and my buddy who just picked his 2013 with 12000km was running neck and neck with me for top speed. The speedo at 100kmh is optimistic by 8, again, gps verified.

p.s i am a crusty sarcastic 40+ year rider and judging from the banter I see, I shall fit right in :)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: New Member

Post by homie »

glorp wrote:Greetings and Salutations from Toronto, Ontario
I am a crusty sarcastic 40+ year rider and judging from the banter I see, I shall fit right in :)
Great! get your crusty azz in here. I troll from 9am-5pm Central Standard Time and then YouYou takes a shift.

btw... your pic is a fail
Attachments
crap.jpg
crap.jpg (19.44 KiB) Viewed 1631 times
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

glorp wrote: My first of many questions to follow, how in the heck are people on here stating 65 or more mph for a stock model. GPS verified my rev limiter cuts in at 62, and my buddy who just picked his 2013 with 12000km was running neck and neck with me for top speed. The speedo at 100kmh is optimistic by 8, again, gps verified.
Welcome.

I haven't verified my speedo with GPS but many times I have checked my speed against radar speed signs and my speedometer reading is always the same as the number on the sign.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

glorp wrote:Greetings and Salutations from Toronto, Ontario ....
Welcome to hondapcx.org!

What part of TO are you from?

I grew up in Hamilton but spent many years in Downsview and Ajax. My in-laws live in Brampton. When we go to the US to visit our kids (we lived there from 2000-12) we fly in and out of Pearson International.

Do you ride mainly in the city? I would think the PCX is a little small for highways and outside the city. I am semi-looking for either a Forza or a SilverWing to ride whenever we are back for visits.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:
glorp wrote:Greetings and Salutations from Toronto, Ontario
I am a crusty sarcastic 40+ year rider and judging from the banter I see, I shall fit right in :)
Great! get your crusty azz in here. I troll from 9am-5pm Central Standard Time and then YouYou takes a shift.

btw... your pic is a fail

24hr service.
glorp

Post by glorp »

kramnala58 : Live in Scarborough, and ride the PCX everywhere including the 401. Just stay in the slow lane and be aware.

homie : obviously you dont recognize true artistic talent when presented. notice the day/night effect and how the scoot is parked at the exact obtuse angle matching that of the flowing lines in the body. its ok though, one day your team will get a world series again, promise !!
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

glorp wrote:homie : obviously you dont recognize true artistic talent when presented. notice the day/night effect and how the scoot is parked at the exact obtuse angle matching that of the flowing lines in the body. its ok though, one day your team will get a world series again, promise !!
No seriously glorp... all I see on my computer is a big grey minus symbol where the image should be. I take it you and maybe others on tablets or phones see the bike?
Attachments
wtf.jpg
wtf.jpg (11.3 KiB) Viewed 1578 times
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

homie wrote:
glorp wrote:homie : obviously you dont recognize true artistic talent when presented. notice the day/night effect and how the scoot is parked at the exact obtuse angle matching that of the flowing lines in the body. its ok though, one day your team will get a world series again, promise !!
No seriously glorp... all I see on my computer is a big grey minus symbol where the image should be. I take it you and maybe others on tablets or phones see the bike?
I also don't see it. I get the same image as Homie
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
glorp

Post by glorp »

did this work?

homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

AH HA! there's the PRECIOUS! and one of those lovely greys!
Attachments
cheer.jpg
cheer.jpg (16.39 KiB) Viewed 1575 times
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

glorp wrote:did this work?
Yes sir, it did indeed.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

There ya go! Let's Ride!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
ScooterAddict
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by ScooterAddict »

I will seriously recommend the NCY Variator, 13gram rollers, NCY driveface and new Honda belt. (Unless the one now is in great shape) My 2013 PCX150 went from about 63mph indicated, to about 75mph with no wind, flatland and doing the Bonneville Salt Flats tuck! Makes this PCX more rideable out on US and State highways without out the fear of getting run over going to slow.
2013 PCX150, GIVI tall w/s, Hondaline topcase, Tusk 15mm handlebar risers, NCY Variator, NCY Drive Face, NCY 13gram rollers. (I put a brand new Honda OEM belt on), R- Michelin City Grip, Front- Michelin City Grip, 10w30 syn with 2oz of MotorKote, GrabOn grip covers.

2013 Honda CRF250L
2-2005 Honda Metropolitan's,
I have always had big displacement road bikes. I'm now into the "small revolution."
I just need one more 2 wheeler!!
glorp

Post by glorp »

already ordered
ScottDR
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Black

Post by ScottDR »

Hello and welcome! Glad to see others in the region :).

Cheers!
ImageImageImage
2013 Black PCX 150
Mods/accessories:
Honda tall windshield, Honda top box, NCY variator and face with 13gram rollers, LED headlamps & taillight with, Backoff indicator
Kawell rectangular lights-fork, mounted
Cheeky Seats seat cover (de-humped), YSS PDC and front spring upgrade 15W fork fluid, YSS rear spring/damper upgrade-preload adjustable only, lots of reflective tape and other accessories

Previously owned:
1969 Honda K50 mini trail (first bike, still runs great and in the family)
1975 Honda CB125
1978 Yamaha DT400 (bored 2 stroke insanity)
1986 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
ScottDR
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScottDR »

ScooterAddict wrote:I will seriously recommend the NCY Variator, 13gram rollers, NCY driveface and new Honda belt. (Unless the one now is in great shape) My 2013 PCX150 went from about 63mph indicated, to about 75mph with no wind, flatland and doing the Bonneville Salt Flats tuck! Makes this PCX more rideable out on US and State highways without out the fear of getting run over going to slow.
ScooterAddict, I would PM you but I am too new. Please feel free to respond that way so I don't hijack this thread.

With the above setup, have you lost any in town fuel economy or acceleration downsides?

Thanks!
ImageImageImage
2013 Black PCX 150
Mods/accessories:
Honda tall windshield, Honda top box, NCY variator and face with 13gram rollers, LED headlamps & taillight with, Backoff indicator
Cheeky Seats seat cover (de-humped), YSS PDC and front spring upgrade 15W fork fluid, YSS rear spring/damper upgrade-preload adjustable only, lots of reflective tape and other accessories

Previously owned:
1975 Honda CB125
1986 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

ScottDR wrote:
ScooterAddict wrote:I will seriously recommend the NCY Variator, 13gram rollers, NCY driveface and new Honda belt. (Unless the one now is in great shape) My 2013 PCX150 went from about 63mph indicated, to about 75mph with no wind, flatland and doing the Bonneville Salt Flats tuck! Makes this PCX more rideable out on US and State highways without out the fear of getting run over going to slow.
ScooterAddict, I would PM you but I am too new. Please feel free to respond that way so I don't hijack this thread.

With the above setup, have you lost any in town fuel economy or acceleration downsides?
He has not lost anything but a few mpg. The PCX will drop back to high 80's per gallon. I have the same setup and second his motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EQ6MHoIYAo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS4vpDdGUsw
ScottDR
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScottDR »

homie wrote:
ScottDR wrote:

He has not lost anything but a few mpg. The PCX will drop back to high 80's per gallon. I have the same setup and second his motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EQ6MHoIYAo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS4vpDdGUsw
Ah, high 80's in town vs 100? Or on highway? I'm very curious about modding.

Thanks!
ImageImageImage
2013 Black PCX 150
Mods/accessories:

Previously owned:
1975 Honda CB125
1986 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
glorp

Post by glorp »

i am currently running about 300km per 7 litres of fuel. when my NCY comes in and gets installed i will report the figures...will be a few weeks while waiting for parts
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

I'm doing about 65 stock equipment. Seems fast enough for local jaunts. Just wondering, how does the PCX withstand the wind blast of a semi truck overtaking it on an interstate or super highway. Does it wobble , get pushed to the side and sucked back into the rear of the truck.. Any experiences ?? Thx