Maui scoot'en

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Maui scoot'en

Post by homie »

Rented a Blur and this video reminds me of an ensure commercial where the guy is happy to just be spinning on the mechanical bull :lol: Enjoy!

crappy sound but the pictures are motivational enough if you ever get to Maui... look up 'rent a piece' scooter rentals

GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: Maui scoot'en

Post by GatorGreg »

Yikes, watch your step Homie! :D You should ride that thing to the top of Haleakala if you haven't already - but be sure to take some oxygen to go with your ensure :D
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

How does the Blur compare to the PCX? I know they are different categories but--don't let that hold you back.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

After running the tank dry on a solo scoot mountain style (no gas stations up there) one gets hungry enough to eat a Pig. 250 pounds of saturated fat... if the mountains wouldn't kill me the BBQ would :) still I might have to retire to this place.

chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Real homies hold their phone in landscape mode. :geek:
SBMAUI
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: white

Post by SBMAUI »

Homie, looks like you were riding the north shore of West Maui. One of my favorite rides. As you drive through the village of Kahakuloa, stop by Julia's banana bread shack, the banana bread is outrageous.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

chicaboo wrote:Real homies hold their phone in landscape mode. :geek:
but does youtube cooperate, I think I did that once and YT screws it up. Maybe time to try it again... things are always improving :) over at YT
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

WHAT!! ALOHA?
homie me bro, you flew off to Hawaai and left Us (well, me behind? :lol: ) and Then went scootin' in "Genuine" style up-n-down glorious Sun(?) filled and narrow mountain roads where afterwards........ You pigged out ahhh...well, on the Same? (Oink!)
I ain't mad but I'm glad :D and jealous 4sure, sure!

DANG! That Looked Like A Bunch Of FUN And your VIEWS were Killer Awesome! The Sky? She looked a wee iffy and you Did get drazzled on, but pish! That ain't Nothing ta bitch about! (and you didn't ;)

Go on Now,...Check off another venture on yer Bucket List. Twas a Winner trip, I bet!

I still say, You woulda had More Fun had you Brought us Hooligan's Along for the RIDE(S)! :D :P 8) :lol:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wait a minnie! Are you still there? Do WE have Time to Meet Up?
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

SBMAUI wrote:Homie, looks like you were riding the north shore of West Maui. One of my favorite rides. As you drive through the village of Kahakuloa, stop by Julia's banana bread shack, the banana bread is outrageous.
Thanks! Going back next year same time and rent a bigger bike with more fuel to make it all the way around unless Julie sells gasoline 8) and if you are resident of Maui we can have some banana bread together because I would like to learn more about your people and neighborhoods.

homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:Wait a minnie! Are you still there? Do WE have Time to Meet Up?
nope.. back in Chicago booooooo
SBMAUI
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: white

Post by SBMAUI »

Homie, I'd be happy to meet with you on your return visit. I've lived here full time now for 14+ years. I only wish I moved here sooner.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

flyingzonker wrote:How does the Blur compare to the PCX? I know they are different categories but--don't let that hold you back.
The Blur is all wrong, but it will run 75 mph off the lot if they had anymore to sell. To my understanding its been discontinued. I get why... the Genuine Blur probably has little in common quality wise against PCX but certainly lacks sex appeal compared to the Precious.

Now here was something only the Vietnamese would find time to do. The seat didn't seem practical but the rest of it might have held up pretty good :o Don't know why its in a strip mall in Maui but I had to take a picture.
Attachments
vespa1.jpg
vespa1.jpg (47.21 KiB) Viewed 4286 times
vespa.jpg
vespa.jpg (48.02 KiB) Viewed 4286 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Did homie make an offer to buy it? :P
That's really cool, but the basket seat has gotta go! Embarrassing after the work Mr. Binh put into the rest of the bike. Could it be that someone sat on it and broke its original seat that He made? Then, I don't blame "whoever" "whomever" for flipping a rough looking basket on it. Ouch!
Did you see a "Keep Arse Off sign?"
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Gang visit to Hawaii next year!!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Then home and whitenoise have to go to Europe
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:
flyingzonker wrote:How does the Blur compare to the PCX? I know they are different categories but--don't let that hold you back.
The Blur is all wrong, but it will run 75 mph off the lot if they had anymore to sell. To my understanding its been discontinued. I get why... the Genuine Blur probably has little in common quality wise against PCX but certainly lacks sex appeal compared to the Precious.

Now here was something only the Vietnamese would find time to do. The seat didn't seem practical but the rest of it might have held up pretty good :o Don't know why its in a strip mall in Maui but I had to take a picture.
In 63 they had time on there hands. Kicking a certain two countries ass needed more time later :)

Got to admire them.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

you you wrote:Gang visit to Hawaii next year!!
you you wrote:Then home and whitenoise have to go to Europe
I have never wanted to go to Hawaii before (too many vacationers), but now that I have seen those pics, count me in. It would be worth it just for the ride. Hawaii '17 it is!
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

west-maui-thumb.gif
west-maui-thumb.gif (100.8 KiB) Viewed 4241 times
kramnala58 wrote: I have never wanted to go to Hawaii before (too many vacationers), but now that I have seen those pics, count me in. It would be worth it just for the ride. Hawaii '17 it is!
It was incredibly beautiful and from Kaanapali you were in those mountain roads in five minutes. For as far until your tank reads half full which took me to Kahakuloa. I probably could have made to to Waihee but who knows if there was fuel there, plus you want to ride the high side back anyway because your pants are already wet :lol: Little shower now and then along the way but not my scooter... so who cares!
Attachments
IMG_0515.JPG
IMG_0515.JPG (417.28 KiB) Viewed 4241 times
IMG_0521.JPG
IMG_0521.JPG (280.26 KiB) Viewed 4241 times
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

It is certainly beautiful in Hawaii, so I'm told, but bone-crushingly expensive to live there. As for amenities and the availability of consumer goods, I would imagine is in the same category as Australia--pretty sparse by mainland USA standards.