HondaPcx150 Vs Suzuki Burgman 200

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: HondaPcx150 Vs Suzuki Burgman 200

Post by Mel46 »

After all f the improvements that I have done to our two PCX 150s they are much better than when we frst purchased them. Tall wndshields, tail boxes, custom seats, NCY variator and drive face, 13 gram rollers, extra running lights and tail lights, and a 12 volt adapter for the items I put on my RAM Mounts. In the winter I have some wind blockers I created for the knees and for the hands. I can"t think of much more that I need. Oh, and I also made a back brace for my custom seat so that I could ride longer without discomfort after 6 back surgeries. Yes, I wish Honda had installed disc brakes all the way aroound, like my Burgman had. Yes, I wish they would bump up the engine a little more, but I can attest to the fact that this bike is light, so much more power may become a disadvantage in that it may give a false sense of security for those who desire to take it on the freeway. I have gone on the freeway a few times with it and the cross winds are scary, especially for such a light bike.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
ScooterAddict
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by ScooterAddict »

Mel46,
Are you using the stock drive belt? If not what pn# and brand of belt? Also where did you purchase your parts? I have called numerous places that sell NCY and Yuminashi but know nothing about the theory of what all the parts do. Are you using "rollers" or "sliders"?? One place told me the sliders were better, even though most people call for rollers on here.
Thanks, Scott
2013 PCX150, GIVI tall w/s, Hondaline topcase, Tusk 15mm handlebar risers, NCY Variator, NCY Drive Face, NCY 13gram rollers. (I put a brand new Honda OEM belt on), R- Michelin City Grip, Front- Michelin City Grip, 10w30 syn with 2oz of MotorKote, GrabOn grip covers.

2013 Honda CRF250L
2-2005 Honda Metropolitan's,
I have always had big displacement road bikes. I'm now into the "small revolution."
I just need one more 2 wheeler!!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

There has been a discussion on one of the threads a out whether you should use the stock belt or get one of the reinforced belts (I think Daytona makes one), but I chose to just run with a stock belt. It should be new or nervous new because as belts age they cause the top end to drop, so it it good to start off with the newest equipment. I purchased the NCY variator AND drive face together because there seemed to be a lot of satisfied scooter riders on this forum who are using the combination. I chose the 13gm rollers because there did not seem to be as many problems with them as with the sliders, though the sliders are suppose to give you better top end. I have gotten our pcx 150 up to 75 mph with little effort now. That is its new top end but I didn't reach the limiter at that point, though I am sure it would have expected hit it if I had gone just a little bit past that point. I didn't want to push it because it is so light. Control becomes the issue when you are light and running at that speed.
I got my parts from corsportusa.com
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

ScooterAddict
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by ScooterAddict »

Mel46,
Thanks for the reply. I have read numerous conversations about variator, drive face and rollers. I trust your judgement. You have spoken up about a lot of threads on the subject. I am a FAA Licensed A&P mechanic so I do have mechanical knowledge. I have no performance upgrades in my 2013 PCX 150. I just want more top speed. If I can get a topspeed on the flats between 72-75mph I would be ecstatic! I'm working on ergonomics now. Just ordered 15mm tusk risers. I also need to order a seat. I want to be able to do some long distance touring on it. I took the seat hump off and that helped immensely. Rolling down rural highways at 62-63mph bumping the rev limiter will piss people off and maybe get run over!

Once again, thanks for the quick reply!
Scott
2013 PCX150, GIVI tall w/s, Hondaline topcase, Tusk 15mm handlebar risers, NCY Variator, NCY Drive Face, NCY 13gram rollers. (I put a brand new Honda OEM belt on), R- Michelin City Grip, Front- Michelin City Grip, 10w30 syn with 2oz of MotorKote, GrabOn grip covers.

2013 Honda CRF250L
2-2005 Honda Metropolitan's,
I have always had big displacement road bikes. I'm now into the "small revolution."
I just need one more 2 wheeler!!
wojtek_pl
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 PCX 125
Color: matt black

Post by wojtek_pl »

Just be advised that Burgman 200 is different than Burgman 400. 200 is much smaller.
And yes, so far only Yamaha N Max (and Burg 400 of course) beats up PCX for leg room and not cramped driving position. I tested Burgmann 125/200 , X-Max 125, N-Max 125, Forza 125. And I'm 174 cm tall.

So far Burgman 400 is my choice to replace PCX. :) Just after I pass my motorcycle driving license exam of course. :D
Regards
Wojtek
2014 Honda PCX 125
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I think the key to a comfortable ride on the PCX is to change out the shocks. I needed to lower my bike so that my wife and I could swap ever so often, such as when one of our bikes is in the shop. We purchased the Takagawa Lowering Shocks. They are much better than the ones that came on the bike. However, from what I have read about other riders' experiences it seems that the preference is the YSS shocks. If you are going to change the shocks (and I highly recommend that you do) then I would suggest doing a search on this forum concerning the YSS shocks. I know that there are multiple types of YSS shocks, for the different size riders I suspect, so read about the various rider experiences before ordering the one you want. I think Powerbypcx.com has a wide variety
http://www.powerbypcx.com/en/accessorie ... v2-v3.html
but some riders go through this site
https://bikerzbits.com/honda/pcx/2014/accessories/
Remember to order the ones for your year. I don't know what differences there are, but 2010 - 2013 were the same, whether 125cc or 150cc.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I just found out that the reservoir on YSS G-euro shocks adds rebound dampening in addition to bump dampening on YSS Z series shocks. Well, that's what I was told by the vendor...