Forza Qestions

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Top Speed

Forza Qestions

Post by Top Speed »

Looking at buying a Forza soon. I would like to know what warranties are offered and is it worth getting? Is Honda's financing better than others. Also is the Forza good for Touring? Nothing major, but is it capable of getting out of town for the day? Lastly, is there parts and accessories available for the Forza?

Thanks in advance
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Forza Qestions

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi Top Speed, have you been to a dealer? Look at a Forza and ask questions. Warranties, parts and accessories....
Where are you located? We need that info to help you. Please add it to your profile. Follow easy directions below my post. Thx
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Top Speed

Post by Top Speed »

I'm in Virginia beach va
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by MBMyer »

My most recent three rides:

A VFR750F on which I put some 76K. By the time an ice storm dropped a tree onto it, it had aftermarket handlebars, seat, and a full Givi set of bags and windscreen. I realized at that point that I was touring a lot. So...

A GL1800 on which I put 152K. But, in the 12th year of its life, as time and hard use had put a lot of wear and tear on the tupperware (which was becoming very brittle) and the electrical system (which was failing about twice a year), I realized that in the last 30 months of ownership I had only put 7K on the clock. Looking back over the records, the first few years were 20K miles each, then a few 10K years. I rode that bike in all of the lower 48 except for Delaware and Connecticut. But then life changed and I quit touring. Now I am a commuter. So...

Last summer I traded down from the Wing to the Forza. I've put just over 2K miles on it in ~9 months.

Having said THAT, I have taken it out of town a couple of times, but just from Columbia SC up to Charlotte or down to Charleston. I was doing tasks (which is what my sad little life has devolved into). I hope to run it up onto the BRP this summer, but before that I will upgrade the rear shocks and wish there were an easy way to upgrade the front forks. Here in SC, we don't spend much money on roads, and the school at which I teach is at the end of a 1.4 mile cul-de-sac that gets very little maintenance. The last quarter mile had quite a bit of spall, and that makes the Forza feel like a pogo stick.

And now having said THAT....

Most of my trips are 5 miles or less, and the Forza is lots of fun on those little trips. It will hold it's own on the interstate (I've even passed a semi), but it's not my favorite place to be with it. When I run to another larger city, I prefer taking the Forza on US Hwys rather than the big Interstate system.

Pax et bonum,
Michael
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015; still only 18K on the odo
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring
Top Speed

Post by Top Speed »

Personally the Forza will be used for fun and secondary commute. I plan to use it as much as possible when weather permits. The traffic here can be crazy I want something that will keep up with traffic safely. In the past I was heavily looking at the KLR 650 but this is more of an Adventure bike. I have ridden scooters and mopeds a handful of times in the past. So you can call me a ex newbie to the two wheel game.
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

IMO the Forza works just great out on the highway. Mine has a windshield and upgraded rear shocks and a backrest and it's really comfy on the road. It keeps up with traffic with no problems.

It definitely has a cruiser riding position, though -- lean back, feet forward. That takes a little getting used to; it's not like a smaller city scooter.

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
CelticCross
Year: 2011
Color: Gray

Post by CelticCross »

montliz44 wrote:IMO the Forza works just great out on the highway. Mine has a windshield and upgraded rear shocks and a backrest and it's really comfy on the road. It keeps up with traffic with no problems.

It definitely has a cruiser riding position, though -- lean back, feet forward. That takes a little getting used to; it's not like a smaller city scooter.

Johnny
Don't want to hijack the op thread but do the upgraded rear shocks improve your ride in 20+mph winds?
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

CelticCross, I haven't noticed any difference in the scooter's reaction to the winds, but the difference in the cushiness of the ride and stability in curves is quite noticeable.

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
CelticCross
Year: 2011
Color: Gray

Post by CelticCross »

Thanks montliz44
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Nice avitar... love it! hope they put one up for me along the highway with the rest of my brothers :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^ Hush
Nooo..We do Not hope to find that along the highway of bro's sir homie! Thems silly talk. What would chief say? Ah see...you know ;)
(Psst....CC, I too like your avatar)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:^ Hush
Nooo..We do Not hope to find that along the highway of bro's sir homie! Thems silly talk. What would chief say?
(Psst....CC, I too like your avatar)
Chief says "we see em everywhere"
Attachments
crosses.jpg
crosses.jpg (13.49 KiB) Viewed 1816 times
friends.jpg
friends.jpg (52.78 KiB) Viewed 1816 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Best way to go
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Then pick yer flowers wreaths n statues boys, no need to leave that job to yer other half!

I see them roadside too. Saddens me. I talk to them as I ride by. I think of their families. Heartbroken loved ones. I don't want to go "that way" for their sake.
Given a choice, In my sleep...Quietly

Sorry peeps for the reality check. I hates it too
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Then pick yer flowers wreaths n statues boys, no need to leave that job to yer other half!

I see them roadside too. Saddens me. I talk to them as I ride by. I think of their families. Heartbroken loved ones. I don't want to go "that way" for their sake.
Given a choice, In my sleep...Quietly

Sorry peeps for the reality check. I hates it too

Quietly would be a first :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:lol: You're Right about that! ;)