The speed limiter 120 kph?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

pcx150man
Year: 2014
Color: white

The speed limiter 120 kph?

Post by pcx150man »

I am pretty sure my limiter kicks in at 120 kph...? I did not pay that close of attention to it, after so many K's I tend to accelerate, and not even notice.

I have been doing a lot of highway lately and will have to do a lot more. Mind you it is going strong at 100 and even up to 110 , easy when the wind is either light, or behind,,,devastating into a headwind though, as you all know.

Is it ok to run at these revs and speed for up to approx 2hours at a time? I guess I really have no other choice, but if it is considered too much of a strain long term on the engine, I will back it off a tad. Thoughts? :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: The speed limiter 120 kph?

Post by you you »

pcx150man wrote:I am pretty sure my limiter kicks in at 120 kph...? I did not pay that close of attention to it, after so many K's I tend to accelerate, and not even notice.

I have been doing a lot of highway lately and will have to do a lot more. Mind you it is going strong at 100 and even up to 110 , easy when the wind is either light, or behind,,,devastating into a headwind though, as you all know.

Is it ok to run at these revs and speed for up to approx 2hours at a time? I guess I really have no other choice, but if it is considered too much of a strain long term on the engine, I will back it off a tad. Thoughts? :)

It's fine, it's built for it.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Get the tall Givi windshield, and the NCY variator, drive face and 13 gm rollers and you can bump up your top speed a bit. On the American bikes the limiter kicks in at around 65 mph. With the tall windshield and the NCY items it can bump up to 70 - 75 mph. At that speed you can cruise for hours with no problem aside from headwinds.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
pcx150man
Color: white

Post by pcx150man »

Thanks for the advice.....I am just a little hesitant to mess with it from standard...but, having said that,it would actually make it just the right bike for all of my needs......I guess at about 12 thousand k's or so could make it a very good option, either that or I will look at the Burgman200 maybe.
wangsuda
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Silver

Post by wangsuda »

Mel46 wrote:the NCY variator, drive face and 13 gm rollers
Would this all-in-one kit do the trick?
http://www.scooterworks.com/ncy-super-t ... -12418.php
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have heard some complaints about the full kit. Clutch and clutch bell may or may not actually offset the advantages of just the variator and drive face change, but the cost is somewhat high for just an increase of 5 - 10 mph. As I understand it, you can buy the variator and drive face by themselves for around $100. The 13 gram rollers are about the same everywhere I have looked. I think I purchased my rollers from Amazon. The variator and drive face can be gotten at corsportusa
http://www.corsportusa.com/2010-honda-p ... on-pulley/
Supposedly the 125 and 150 can both use this same one. Do not forget the drive face.
http://www.corsportusa.com/2010-honda-p ... rive-face/
They also sell the 13 gm rollers, though they are a little more expensive than those on Amazon. http://www.corsportusa.com/2010-honda-p ... ights-13g/
By the way. that kit that was referenced above it only $259 at corsportusa, in case you wanted to install it instead of just the variation et al.
http://www.corsportusa.com/2010-honda-p ... ights-13g/
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
wangsuda
Regular User
Regular User