From Honda motorcycles to a Honda scooter

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

db22
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Re: From Honda motorcycles to a Honda scooter

Post by db22 »

dkazzed wrote:You have not lived until you've done 60 mph on a Vino 125 with 10" wheels on wet roads. :D

Good choice though. I don't know if you suffer from gout but scooters are awesome to ride during attacks. I've had four attacks on the left foot and operating a car clutch pedal or bike gear shift is just downright painful or even impossible during these attacks. Having it in my right foot is no better, it's painful to use a car gas/brake pedal. I want to get a motorcycle again in a couple of years but I'll keep the scooter around for when I get gout attacks.

Of course PCX 150s is hands down the best under 200cc scooter out there. Enjoy!
Sitting around on a snowy 23rd of December, waiting to see if a potential buyer for my garage full of '70s Honda SOHC bikes arrives as he promised. Left work early to show the bikes -- hope he manages the lousy roads. He did say he went to the bank and hitched a trailer to his truck, so I am optimistic that I'll be stopping by the Honda dealer to reserve a 2016 PCX (looks like they sold that black 2015 I saw last week). Already learning a thing or two about tires and traction by reading your responses. Don't have gout, but my knees are giving out and I do have sciatica. Maybe a scooter will make me feel younger . . .
I may be goin' to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoyin' the ride...
db22
Regular User
Regular User

Post by db22 »

db22 wrote:
dkazzed wrote:You have not lived until you've done 60 mph on a Vino 125 with 10" wheels on wet roads. :D

Good choice though. I don't know if you suffer from gout but scooters are awesome to ride during attacks. I've had four attacks on the left foot and operating a car clutch pedal or bike gear shift is just downright painful or even impossible during these attacks. Having it in my right foot is no better, it's painful to use a car gas/brake pedal. I want to get a motorcycle again in a couple of years but I'll keep the scooter around for when I get gout attacks.

Of course PCX 150s is hands down the best under 200cc scooter out there. Enjoy!
Sitting around on a snowy 23rd of December, waiting to see if a potential buyer for my garage full of '70s Honda SOHC bikes arrives as he promised. Left work early to show the bikes -- hope he manages the lousy roads. He did say he went to the bank and hitched a trailer to his truck, so I am optimistic that I'll be stopping by the Honda dealer to reserve a 2016 PCX (looks like they sold that black 2015 I saw last week). Already learning a thing or two about tires and traction by reading your responses. Don't have gout, but my knees are giving out and I do have sciatica. Maybe a scooter will make me feel younger . . .
SOLD 'EM!! Buyer couldn't fit both bikes in his truck, will return next week for the rest of the stuff, but he left the money. Come the end of March here in the Land of Cheese, I be scootin'! WOOHOO!!
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013

Post by honkerman »

That is good news. I think you will be pleased with your PCX. :D
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Dark blue

Post by DailyRider »

db22 wrote:Maybe a scooter will make me feel younger . . .
Mine definitely does :D
You'll need to be a bit careful at first, they fly like sparks compared to heavier bikes.
Eiron
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Poseidon Black

Post by Eiron »

db22 wrote:SOLD 'EM!! ...
Conrats !!!
You're gonna love your BRAND NEW PCX !! :D
Eiron
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Poseidon Black

Post by Eiron »

DailyRider wrote:
db22 wrote:Maybe a scooter will make me feel younger . . .
Mine definitely does :D
Agreed! :D
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

Very nice. Sciatica sounds painful. :(
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

You won't regret it, when I got my PCX I traded a Triumph Daytona 900 which I had grown bored of and didn't ride much.
The scooter got me out a lot more, investigating small back roads, finding different routes and interesting places.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
db22
Regular User
Regular User

Post by db22 »

Completed the paperwork and paid for my new bike this morning. We got nearly a foot of snow yesterday, so it'll be three months until I ride it away (the dealer will store it until the end of March free of charge). I'm glad they had a 2015 model left -- I like the black bodywork best. This is the first brand-new vehicle I have had since 1977!
Attachments
IMG_0191.JPG
IMG_0191.JPG (128.53 KiB) Viewed 1482 times
db22
Regular User
Regular User

Post by db22 »

This afternoon the couple who bought my CB550s returned for the second (project) bike and the last of my vast collection of rusty, greasy motorcycle odds and ends. The garage is empty and forlorn, and my shiny new PCX slumbers in the dealer's storage room, awaiting the spring . . .
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

db22 wrote:This afternoon the couple who bought my CB550s returned for the second (project) bike and the last of my vast collection of rusty, greasy motorcycle odds and ends. The garage is empty and forlorn, and my shiny new PCX slumbers in the dealer's storage room, awaiting the spring . . .

Why not get it delivered?
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013

Post by honkerman »

db22 wrote:Completed the paperwork and paid for my new bike this morning. We got nearly a foot of snow yesterday, so it'll be three months until I ride it away (the dealer will store it until the end of March free of charge). I'm glad they had a 2015 model left -- I like the black bodywork best. This is the first brand-new vehicle I have had since 1977!
Oh nice. Black is a sharp looking color on a PCX.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
db22
Regular User
Regular User

Post by db22 »

you you wrote:
db22 wrote:This afternoon the couple who bought my CB550s returned for the second (project) bike and the last of my vast collection of rusty, greasy motorcycle odds and ends. The garage is empty and forlorn, and my shiny new PCX slumbers in the dealer's storage room, awaiting the spring . . .

There is nearly a foot of snow on the ground, and my garage is not heated -- the dealer has heated storage, and it can stay there for free until the end of March. Some two-wheel motorists in this area won't ride until the first good rain of the year washes the road salt away. I usually start riding by the first week of April. Hoping for an early spring.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi and Welcome db22! Congrats on selling your wheels n bits, for joining Us, and for buying a 2015 PCX!! 8) You will most definitely enjoy this scoot (as soon as your weather permits ;) Or should I say, as soon as it's parked on your premises).

I'm catching up on this thread and I see that you over looked adding your location. I went back to your opening post to find it mentioned there: Wisconsin, a chilly place to be now.
I'm writing requesting that you add your location to your profile by following the easy directions below my post.
Providing this info really does help us to help one another now and in the future. Afterall we come from everywhere on the globe, and the PCX varies in parts, etc. You get the idea.

As far as your dealer keeping your scoot warm? Gosh, you seem like a very trustworthy & patient guy. Nice qualities.
I'm bad. When I buy a bike, I want it at my home Yesterday! :P I just get too darn excited!
When I pay for it, it goes with me or you deliver it to me.
But, to each his own. It's another "what makes the world go round"... we be different and That's ok.
Have fun here, we like to kid around too :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
db22
Regular User
Regular User

Post by db22 »

WhiteNoise -- Thanks for the welcome! Location and bike info entered as requested. You guys in the NYC area had some relatively nice weather until quite recently, didn't you?
I live outside a little city called La Crosse, and work in the downtown area. You wouldn't think we'd have big city parking issues in such a small town, but finding a place to put a car on a workday is hard and/or expensive. My antique CB550 let me dodge the cost of parking near my job, and the PCX will do likewise, with the added benefit of 80+MPG and much less maintenance. My commute runs to about 35 miles, on back roads and city streets, so the PCX is just what I needed.
zanggerk
Year: 2012
Color: black

Post by zanggerk »

Hi db22,
I can feel your pain- having to wait for nice April weather to get the scooter out, but 35 miles for your commute will give you a lot of time to ride. Interesting to see that you bought a black PCX- I thought they don't sell that color in the US.

Best regards,
Klaus
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Dark blue

Post by DailyRider »

zanggerk wrote: Interesting to see that you bought a black PCX- I thought they don't sell that color in the US.

Best regards,
Klaus
Black and white were last year's colors, so they are discounted this year (called 2016 here)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

db22 wrote:
you you wrote:

There is nearly a foot of snow on the ground, and my garage is not heated -- the dealer has heated storage, and it can stay there for free until the end of March. Some two-wheel motorists in this area won't ride until the first good rain of the year washes the road salt away. I usually start riding by the first week of April. Hoping for an early spring.

12 inches of snow and a chilly garage wouldn't stop me. If I'd bought it I would want to play with it :D
ONTWOWHEELS
Regular User
Regular User
Color: WHITE

Post by ONTWOWHEELS »

Welcome db22 to the peace of mind of riding a scooter.
My last bike was a ΥΑΜΑΗΑ FAZER 600cc / 97 HP and the last 5,5 years i ride a HONDA SH 300 abs/cbs everywhere from downtown to the mountains.

You will get used to it but sometimes you will miss the power of the big bike .

So i wish you happy riding on your new PCX, it's a great liitle scoot i personally bought it for my younger daughter but it gives me a big smile every time i ride it and especially with it's smooth almost electricall engine and the very low consumtion in the city limits.

I will advice you to change the tyres because they are not good in wet conditions.
I changed them after the breaking in period at 1.200 kms and i put BRIDGESTONE BATTLAX SC.
HONDA PCX 125 /2015 - HONDA PCX 150/2016
db22
Regular User
Regular User

Post by db22 »

ONTWOWHEELS wrote:Welcome db22 to the peace of mind of riding a scooter.
My last bike was a ΥΑΜΑΗΑ FAZER 600cc / 97 HP and the last 5,5 years i ride a HONDA SH 300 abs/cbs everywhere from downtown to the mountains.

You will get used to it but sometimes you will miss the power of the big bike .

So i wish you happy riding on your new PCX, it's a great liitle scoot i personally bought it for my younger daughter but it gives me a big smile every time i ride it and especially with it's smooth almost electricall engine and the very low consumtion in the city limits.

I will advice you to change the tyres because they are not good in wet conditions.
I changed them after the breaking in period at 1.200 kms and i put BRIDGESTONE BATTLAX SC.
The most wonderful thing about the internet: I buy a new bike and complain about the snow, and someone sends me a video of riding in the mountains of Greece under a cloudless sky, set to fabulous Greek rock'n'roll with a Zydeco beat. Thank you, ONTWOWHEELS!!