down the day before my birthday

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: down the day before my birthday

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote: Oh No! and wait...before you go do "that"....did you read above ^^ ? chigman took a fall :
so many on the Crash Survivors list that one struggles to find him... but chigman IS in that lineup. He went down shortly after Seph's second off.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I tip my hat. You didn't miss. Good job homie!!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
chigman

Post by chigman »

Yeah thanks guys. Already on the list I'm afraid and I am back on the road with a new scoot after last one was a total loss. Hmmm, just cosmetic damage and they right the bike off. Plastic is very expensive I would say, especially when it has to come from Honda. Hey ho.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

Bash On! wrote:In order:
1. Glad you're safe, Honkerman.
2. Happy birthday!
3. Get well soon!
4. Thank goodness you were wearing a helmet!y
5. Is Rowlf okay?
6. You're all banged up and on pain meds and you're still posting here? :o
1. Thanks
2. Thanks
3. Thanks again.
4. No joke. My head hit the ground so hard I thought I'd actually hurt it at first, but the helmet did its job.
5. I'm not sure about Rowlf. all reports are that he's fine.
6. I'm writing between dozes. I've dozed off at least three times writing this.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

you you wrote:
honkerman wrote:Went to take a right turn, was braking before the turn, apparently hit some gravel and locked the front brake. Broke my collarbone, have some bruised ribs. Spending the night in the hospital. Happy birthday to me... :(

My head hit the ground at least three times. My helmet saved my life.

Any decent pressies?
unfamiliar with that term.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

GeorgeSK wrote:Glad you are reasonably OK! Things will take a while -I don't know about collarbones, but ribs ache for quite a while.

Real happy also to not hear about any road rash. What else did you have on for gear, and what kind of helmet were you wearing? It is hard to believe that people will ride without head protection - if you go down, the squash will be taking a hit somewhere along the line.

So what are you going to get for a new helmet?
i was wearing my heavy canvas coat, craftsman safety toe boots, and olympus gloves. the only bit of road rash was a mild knee scrape, and i twisted my right ankle a bit. boots were tied snuggly or it would have been worse. my helmet was a 7 year old HJC full face.

I saw a bluetooth ready HJC at M&S Suzuki in New Holland.

------------

Thanks to all of you for your kind words.

heh, dozed off again just as i was going to post this. crazy pain meds
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

WhiteNoise wrote:Gravel is a be-ouch! (I'm being good there)
Hope Help Came Quickly :|
image.jpeg
Bummer! Very surprised to read this this morning and just 1 day before yer BIRTHDAY! And, you got broke too! I Bet that hurt!! Be good take yer meds and get the heck outta there. I hate hospitals! They're noisy and smelly and...there's Too Much White!! You don't belong there anywho, you belong on a bike. Get fixed fast and blow that joint.....

Your Party Will Be Waiting! :P
I laid in the road unable to get up for a couple minutes. ended up calling 911 myself. after I finally got connected, some good Samaritans came running. They had seen my auxilliary lights and thanked me for having them because they made the scoot very visible, laying on its side as it was. they said that without them, the might not have seen me.

i'm so unsteady on my feet and my knee is a bit painful for walking, they're keeping me until tomorrow.

and I dozed off again.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

That sucks. :( I locked up my front tire on gravel this morning too for a split second before letting go of my brakes, luckily i was going straight or else I could've gone down as well. Get well soon...
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

chigman wrote:Yeah thanks guys. Already on the list I'm afraid and I am back on the road with a new scoot after last one was a total loss. Hmmm, just cosmetic damage and they right the bike off. Plastic is very expensive I would say, especially when it has to come from Honda. Hey ho.
Depends on locale and rip-off dealers. Thailand and US it seems are cheap for plastics, the UK on the other hand is more like take price, times it by 5 and add extra charges which makes getting a dealer repair or sourcing of panels expensive. Importing yourself saves cost but is still much more than imported panels in the US.
ONTWOWHEELS
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: WHITE

Post by ONTWOWHEELS »

Sorry to read about your accident....
I hope you get on your feet very soon and ride again !

There is a saying that there are two kinds of us.....these who have fallen and these who will fall so always wear protective gear, it will save your lives.

The helmet must be replaced after the crush do not forget it.

Two years ago i fell too (and many times in the 38 years of riding but the last one was the worst leaving me to remind me to be carefull two titanium plates and 15 screws forever in my left leg and Knee) but fortunatelly i always wear protective gear so i live and write these words to you.

If you want to see the gear's condition after the accident (left turn, 130 kms per hour, blinded by the early morning sun and the appex of the curve closing 5-6 degrees more i did not see as i was riding blind for just a second) watch the following video :

I wish YOU NEVER AGAIN....but if it happens always wear protective gear.
HONDA PCX 125 /2015 - HONDA PCX 150/2016
chigman

Post by chigman »

iceman wrote:
chigman wrote:Yeah thanks guys. Already on the list I'm afraid and I am back on the road with a new scoot after last one was a total loss. Hmmm, just cosmetic damage and they right the bike off. Plastic is very expensive I would say, especially when it has to come from Honda. Hey ho.
Depends on locale and rip-off dealers. Thailand and US it seems are cheap for plastics, the UK on the other hand is more like take price, times it by 5 and add extra charges which makes getting a dealer repair or sourcing of panels expensive. Importing yourself saves cost but is still much more than imported panels in the US.
insurance company's Iceman. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask aye! :D I said to them source the plastics from Thailand, they said "we have to source from Honda UK" o_O That would be about right wouldn't it, robbing barstewards. :(

Nothing structual could have been wrong with the bike as when the van pulled out on me I was only doing 10-15mph.

I could have coarse sourced the material from Thailand or the States myself but I just can't be arsed to be honest, so just ended up getting a new scoot, this time in that stealthy matt grey which is a stunner. 8) Thats the only good bit of this story :D
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

homie wrote:..... You top the list ....
The list none of us want to be on! o_O :o
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(