About the PCX maintenance mileage

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

shaguyun
Year: 0
Color: 白色

About the PCX maintenance mileage

Post by shaguyun »

My PCX have logged over 400 kilometers, is in the running-in period every how many kilometres to replace the engine oil? How many kilometres to replace the gear oil? My motorcycle instruction is Vietnamese, I can't understand... :?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: About the PCX maintenance mileage

Post by you you »

shaguyun wrote:My PCX have logged over 400 kilometers, is in the running-in period every how many kilometres to replace the engine oil? How many kilometres to replace the gear oil? My motorcycle instruction is Vietnamese, I can't understand... :?

Replace both, why not?
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

:D :D There goes both my shoelaces :D :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

JohnL wrote::D :D There goes both my shoelaces :D :D

Certain theme going on here :D
ONTWOWHEELS
Regular User
Regular User
Color: WHITE

Post by ONTWOWHEELS »

shaguyun wrote:My PCX have logged over 400 kilometers, is in the running-in period every how many kilometres to replace the engine oil? How many kilometres to replace the gear oil? My motorcycle instruction is Vietnamese, I can't understand... :?
In EUROPEAN owners manual says :
-Engine oil must be changed in 1.000 - 8.000 kms and then every 8.000 kms or (be carefull of this) one year.
-Tansmission's oil must be changed every 2 years.

For the first service of 1.000 kms i changed both of them and cleaned the oil filter too.

I will keep changing both of them and cleaning filter too every 8.000 kms or every year.

If you want to see how to take a look here : http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5346

Except the above other fellow riders have written other how to here : http://www.hondapcx.org/viewforum.php?f=3

I wish you happy riding on your new PCX !
HONDA PCX 125 /2015 - HONDA PCX 150/2016
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

ONTWOWHEELS wrote:
-Engine oil must be changed in 1.000 - 8.000 kms and then every 8.000 kms or (be carefull of this) one year.

For the first service of 1.000 kms i changed both of them and cleaned the oil filter too.

I will keep changing both of them and cleaning filter too every 8.000 kms or every year.

If you want to see how to take a look here : http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5346

Except the above other fellow riders have written other how to here : http://www.hondapcx.org/viewforum.php?f=3

The ends of my shoelaces fray if I leave them untied. I either need to tie them more or replace them when they get frayed
ONTWOWHEELS
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ONTWOWHEELS »

you you wrote:
ONTWOWHEELS wrote:

The ends of my shoelaces fray if I leave them untied. I either need to tie them more or replace them when they get frayed
It must be something metaforical but excuse me i do not understand the meaning. :roll:
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

ONTWOWHEELS wrote:
It must be something metaforical but excuse me i do not understand the meaning. :roll:
Don't worry about it. It is just a continuation of a discussion started somewhere else. By the way. Don't take it too seriously.
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

The ends of my shoelaces fray if I leave them untied. I either need to tie them more or replace them when they get frayed.

Fraid not :D :D :D
ONTWOWHEELS
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ONTWOWHEELS »

Oyabun wrote:
ONTWOWHEELS wrote:
Don't worry about it. It is just a continuation of a discussion started somewhere else. By the way. Don't take it too seriously.
Ok i just did not undestand the meaning.
I thought it was a <<saying>> and i like to learn. ;)
I like funny stories very much but language is always a barrier which must be moved in order to understand the meaning. For us the foreigners of course. :lol:

But i think at the end that our fellow rider learned now what manual says about changing engine's - transmission's oil and we are allright.He can do now whatever he thinks better for his bike. ;)
Ben2talk
Color: Grey/black

Post by Ben2talk »

Call Honda. I called APHonda in Thailand, and they sent me an A4 photocopied manual.

The numbers should be Arabic in your service book...

I just did my 1000km service (136 baht - that's about $4 US equivalent)
Next is 4000.

Just remember - during 'run-in' - once the bike is properly warmed up, you should get the throttle open and let it run up to max a few times. How you use the engine during run-in is a big factor in determining the performance afterwards (i.e. don't be too gentle with it when it's not cold).

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/pcx150/2015/bennn/389324]