PCX "Strapons"

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

PCX "Strapons"

Post by TheMaverick »

Hi folks,

I made a discovery a few months ago concerning my PCX. I'm sure most of you already know this, but thought I'd just post it on the off-chance it helps someone.

The PCX has - of course - seat space behind the guy up-front with the grin, for a pillion passenger. And either side of that part of the seat is a REALLY strong section of (metal?) body work (I guess it's primary purpose is a grip for the pillion passenger). I've made the "discovery" that when you put other things on that portion of the seat - chuck a couple of crossed-over cargo ratchet/strops over them - you can then anchor them incredibly securely using said bodywork/grip sections.

Result? You can actually strap some surprisingly large objects there to save having to use the car. I'd had laser printers (still in manufactures supplied box) - computer base units - computer monitors - BIG toolbags - Air compressor - 1m timber lengths. Works like a charm, and bike doesn't even know it's there. I've got a Givi box on the back and these loads press up against the front of it for even better security (although with the strops tightened you could probably lift the bike with the load it's so secure).

Just thought it might help someone.
ONTWOWHEELS
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: WHITE

Re: PCX "Strapons"

Post by ONTWOWHEELS »

Are there any photos ?
Thank you.
HONDA PCX 125 /2015 - HONDA PCX 150/2016
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

ONTWOWHEELS wrote:Are there any photos ?
Thank you.
This was my first attempt:

https://scontent-syd1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=56EB4BCF

Since then I've left the Givi box on and turned big ones like this around 90 degrees.
ONTWOWHEELS
Regular User
Regular User
Color: WHITE

Post by ONTWOWHEELS »

Just fine !
Thank you !
HONDA PCX 125 /2015 - HONDA PCX 150/2016
wangsuda
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by wangsuda »

Thanks for the tip! I will get me some of those straps.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

A while back I posted a mod that I did on my PCX that allowed me to leave some straps attached and out of the way that I use whenever I need to strap something large behind me. It required that I take the back section of the bike apart so that I could anchor looped straps UNDER the metal hand hold. Once the bike is back together I tie the straps together, out of the way, behind the pillion area, above the tail light, using releaseable tie wraps. This way the paint does not get scratched, and you don't have to worry about hooks giving way when I hit bumps. This setup has worked quite well, and you would not even know that they were there when they are not in use.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi Mel! Yep I remember that you did that. Can you find it and post it here? I'd like another look at your permanent loop set-up. Cool weather is So on the way, :| gives us time for scooter body play :)

TheMaverick, top of the morning to ya! I was concerned about possible scratching from those rachet straps too. Are you seeing any damage from them? Some folks it doesn't matter because their scoot is their workhorse/car to go. With a "Do what ya gotta do" in their minds. I get that :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... lit=Straps

I did a search to find it, but I think this is the link. Even though I am rebuilding my bike, thanks to that accident, those straps will be reinstalled when I put it beck together because they came in handy all the time. You can put one on each side, like I did, or two on each side if you are going to be carrying bulky things. They can be tucked away easily when not in use.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

WhiteNoise wrote: TheMaverick, top of the morning to ya! I was concerned about possible scratching from those rachet straps too. Are you seeing any damage from them? Some folks it doesn't matter because their scoot is their workhorse/car to go. With a "Do what ya gotta do" in their minds. I get that :P
I think there were a few (I would check, but my eyes won't be focusing for another hour or two yet). In theory, if one was careful with the hooks then any scratches would be underneath the hand rail ("out of sight, out of mind" etc) - but if it was a concern then I'm guessing that one could probably work around it fairly easily (perhaps a thin strip of hard rubber under the hook - or some kind of protection on the hook itself).

Cheers,
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

TheMaverick wrote:PCX "Strapons"

Just thought it might help someone.
Thanks for the tip :D

2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube