Greetings from Athens Greece.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ONTWOWHEELS
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: WHITE

Greetings from Athens Greece.

Post by ONTWOWHEELS »

Hello fellow riders.
I hope you ' ll forgive me for any spelling mistakes.

Greetings from Athens and Scooter Hellas Forum Forum Greek com.

I purchanged 5 days ago a HONDA PCX 125/2015 for my younger daughter.
Now untill she gets the licence to drive i ride it in order to run the engine in.
Personally i ride a HONDA SH 300 ABS/CBS and i have travelled a lot with it.
I used to have bigger cc bikes but now i have been stucked with scooter riding, one for all and real economical.

Ok let me show you the new fellow :

Brand new right after i bought it :

And some during running in the engine :

The fuel consumption is just great (running in with speed of 40-50-60 up to 70 downhill only) :

I wish you happy riding !
HONDA PCX 125 /2015 - HONDA PCX 150/2016
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Re: Greetings from Athens Greece.

Post by Oyabun »

Welcome to the forums and thanks for the pictures.
May the both of you enjoy the scooter for long long time.
ONTWOWHEELS
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ONTWOWHEELS »

Oyabun wrote:Welcome to the forums and thanks for the pictures.
May the both of you enjoy the scooter for long long time.
Thank you very much !
I hope in the future to contribute in <<do it yourself>> because i service my bikes myself and i saw that other felllows here like the same too.
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

Hey, what a coincidence, I'm in Greece RIGHT NOW celebrating Halloween - sort of :D Welcome to the forum - you got the best color IMO :)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (111.92 KiB) Viewed 5107 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (99.81 KiB) Viewed 5107 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (74.36 KiB) Viewed 5107 times
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
ONTWOWHEELS
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ONTWOWHEELS »

GatorGreg wrote:Hey, what a coincidence, I'm in Greece RIGHT NOW celebrating Halloween - sort of :D Welcome to the forum - you got the best color IMO :)
Thank you very much.
The color was chosen by my daughter but i like it a lot too.
It has practicall reasons also because other drivers - riders can see you easily and that's a good thing especially for a rider without any experience.
Her helmet is also a fullface white with some stripes red and black only.
Her 3/4 jacket is black but it has reflective stripes, the gloves too.
I try to convise her to buy her pants and boots also but she resists strongly... :lol:

PS .You know how to eat.... :lol:
GlassMan
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017

Post by GlassMan »

What,no GATOR gyro's. Lol
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

GlassMan wrote:What,no GATOR gyro's. Lol
:D Nah, GG Jr and I both enjoyed the chicken gyros - they were delish! Some drunk redneck in line went nuts because they didn't have the griddled greek cheese this year - they threatened to call the Disney security goons on him because he kept cursing at the workers that he was waiting all year for his griddled greek cheese :D He was still cursing about it half an hour later when I saw him again at the Canadian pavillion :D

I was able to find an article about the legendary greek griddled cheese here, does sound pretty good:

Griddled Greek Cheese Story

Sorry for hijacking your thread Ontwowheels, but you're right, I do love to eat :)

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome to our forum(s) "ONTWOWHEELS" I surely like the sound of that! :P

Beautiful background setting for your daughter's beautiful White scoot posing. I bet she can't wait to ride it....but Please, Please! get/buy/ her protective (above the ankle) boots and armored pants! I'm assuming She is a New rider...yes??
Most importantly, I must ask....Do they have a motorcycle or scooter course in your country that she can take Prior To Riding her scoot (or any motorbike)? If so, and if she'd agree, Would you consider taking the course with her? I've seen this done in the course I took. What a marvelous idea.
I watched a Mom and her son (Mom had her license already but aimed to give her son support and the confidence to join up). It worked for both. She freshened up her skills and he learned them! It also brought them closer, if just for a few days. A Win-Win play!!
I smile just talking about it :P

Just me sharing a few thoughts OTW (oh see, I'm getting lazy now abbreviating like that :roll: :D )
Cheers and good luck with Father to Daughter conversations! ....."Make it Happen"
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
ONTWOWHEELS
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ONTWOWHEELS »

GatorGreg wrote:
:D Nah, GG Jr and I both enjoyed the chicken gyros - they were delish! Some drunk redneck in line went nuts because they didn't have the griddled greek cheese this year - they threatened to call the Disney security goons on him because he kept cursing at the workers that he was waiting all year for his griddled greek cheese :D He was still cursing about it half an hour later when I saw him again at the Canadian pavillion :D

I was able to find an article about the legendary greek griddled cheese here, does sound pretty good:

Sorry for hijacking your thread Ontwowheels, but you're right, I do love to eat :)

I wiil add some photos to see the bikers food here to taverns we love and they love us ..are you ready ?
OK let' s take a taste :

If you travel on a bike you get real hungry... :lol:
ONTWOWHEELS
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ONTWOWHEELS »

WhiteNoise wrote:Welcome to our forum(s) "ONTWOWHEELS" I surely like the sound of that! :P

Beautiful background setting for your daughter's beautiful White scoot posing. I bet she can't wait to ride it....but Please, Please! get/buy/ her protective (above the ankle) boots and armored pants! I'm assuming She is a New rider...yes??
Most importantly, I must ask....Do they have a motorcycle or scooter course in your country that she can take Prior To Riding her scoot (or any motorbike)? If so, and if she'd agree, Would you consider taking the course with her? I've seen this done in the course I took. What a marvelous idea.
I watched a Mom and her son (Mom had her license already but aimed to give her son support and the confidence to join up). It worked for both. She freshened up her skills and he learned them! It also brought them closer, if just for a few days. A Win-Win play!!
I smile just talking about it :P

Just me sharing a few thoughts OTW (oh see, I'm getting lazy now abbreviating like that :roll: :D )
Cheers and good luck with Father to Daughter conversations! ....."Make it Happen"
First of all thank you my fiend for the welcome.

This one is my younger daughter. The older one has already the licence to ride any cc she wants.
Of course there are excellent riding schools like this http://www.superbikeschool.co.gr/ and the proper track after she gets real familliar with bikes like this (you see the project of a friend og mine DAYTONA 675 CUSTOM/ TEST TRACK DAY, it has allready participated in Mugello Circuit with good results) :

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJcbtKFdeP8[/youtube]

She wiil get full protective gear don't worry and i hope we will ride some day together (in her first steps we will ride together one way or another .....she and the PCX in front following me with mine).I 've allready bought her helmet full face the same as mine, full 3/4 motorcycle jacket and gloves.

Some day who knows perhaps she will be capable of following the old ones beacause we are too old to rock 'n' roll but too young to die ...LOL ...
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33TFjkGzjEU[/youtube]
ONTWOWHEELS
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ONTWOWHEELS »

Today's riding and breking in the engine.
Allready 404 km on the clock :

GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

ONTWOWHEELS wrote:
GatorGreg wrote:

I wiil add some photos to see the bikers food here to taverns we love and they love us ..are you ready ?
OK let' s take a taste :
If you travel on a bike you get real hungry... :lol:
Ooooh - thanks for posting those tasty looking treats - this is my new favorite thread :D The design of the PCX, especially in pearl white, looks right at home with those yachts 8)
ONTWOWHEELS
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ONTWOWHEELS »

Ooooh - thanks for posting those tasty looking treats - this is my new favorite thread :D The design of the PCX, especially in pearl white, looks right at home with those yachts 8)[/quote]
There will be more tastefull pictures from our travels stay tuned and here an example from our latest journey of 1.800 km to Northern Greece :
The food :

And the journey (a taste of it ) :

But i don't want to make you tired, another day if this is possible i will open another thread to show you some of our trips to see my country and how it looks like.

And yes this colour of PCX makes a perfect much with the boats.
That's exactly what i thought and took these photos.
ONTWOWHEELS
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ONTWOWHEELS »

Yesterday's consumption of the small PCX (as the kms go on the clock the consumption gets better ....this is with 1/4 of the throttle opened, idle stop system set to off because of engine's breaking in. Km 50-60 up to 70 to downhills) :

Awasome consumption for a commutter ! :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi again OTW! I'm loving all your photographs and the delicious foods you are tempting us with :P Now I am Very hungry.
I'm sad that I can't See your youtube videos and then I noticed How you were linking them to us. You just missed one very small detail, that's all ;)

Fix this part: (this is after you click the youtube button :) .... Do not cut and paste the entire youtube link, just cut and paste the letters/numbers After the = (equal) sign. Again,...No need to cut and paste the entire link.

As an example from your last post with a [youtube][youtube], you would cut and paste only this part after the = sign, dS5j0m2Mlh0. Then place it between the youtube brackets.

I am going to type those letters and numbers between the brackets now. Let's see what happens

Wow!! Like Magic! Now I can sit back and enjoy Your Show :D :P
Thank you for sharing with us!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
ONTWOWHEELS
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ONTWOWHEELS »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hi again OTW! I'm loving all your photographs and the delicious foods you are tempting us with :P Now I am Very hungry.
I'm sad that I can't See your youtube videos and then I noticed How you were linking them to us. You just missed one very small detail, that's all ;)

Fix this part: (this is after you click the youtube button :) .... Do not cut and paste the entire youtube link, just cut and paste the letters/numbers After the = (equal) sign. Again,...No need to cut and paste the entire link.

As an example from your last post with a [youtube][youtube], you would cut and paste only this part after the = sign, dS5j0m2Mlh0. Then place it between the youtube brackets.

I am going to type those letters and numbers between the brackets now. Let's see what happens

Wow!! Like Magic! Now I can sit back and enjoy Your Show :D :P
Thank you for sharing with us!
Thank you very much, got it but let's give it a try and see what happens :
ONTWOWHEELS
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ONTWOWHEELS »

Today's PCX's pictures :

GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

ONTWOWHEELS wrote:There will be more tastefull pictures from our travels stay tuned and here an example from our latest journey of 1.800 km to Northern Greece :
The food :
But i don't want to make you tired, another day if this is possible i will open another thread to show you some of our trips to see my country and how it looks like.
Great pics and vids O2W! I must confess that like most ignorant Americans most of what I know about Greece comes from Bond movies - so I appreciate seeing your PCX pics :D

However, I'm concerned that by the time your daughter finally gets the keys to "her" PCX you will have ridden it past the warranty :D
ONTWOWHEELS
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ONTWOWHEELS »

GatorGreg wrote:
ONTWOWHEELS wrote:There will be more tastefull pictures from our travels stay tuned and here an example from our latest journey of 1.800 km to Northern Greece :
The food :
Great pics and vids O2W! I must confess that like most ignorant Americans most of what I know about Greece comes from Bond movies - so I appreciate seeing your PCX pics :D

However, I'm concerned that by the time your daughter finally gets the keys to "her" PCX you will have ridden it past the warranty :D
First of all i wish you to have a great day.
It's 06.25 am now here and it's gonna be a great shiny day with clear blue skies ! Pergect riding day !

The video above is from the island CORFU or KERKYRA in Greek, a beautifull island well known but...not the only one because there are 6.000 islands in Greece each one with it;s own beauty and there are other places i intend to show to you from my travels with the SH 300 mostly because the beautifull PCX is going to be delivered to the female rider as soon as she gets her licence to ride and of corse after my breaking inn of the engine and after the first 1.000 km service.

The warranty in Europe lasts 2 years.
I believe that in a month if everything goes OK she will be riding her brand new first beuty bought by her father as i started 38 years ago....
big tommy
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Pearl white/red

Post by big tommy »

Hi there !