User manual for pcx 2015 in english

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Ben2talk
Year: 2015
Color: Grey/black

Re: User manual for pcx 2015 in english

Post by Ben2talk »

Emlyn45 wrote:Hi. If anyone still wants a 2015 English manual. I will copy mine and print it off. Or I could send it Email.
regards
Emlyn
Instead of copying, would it be possible to SCAN it, and then you can simply upload it and share a link...

However you do it, I really do need 2015 in English, my email ben2talk@gmail.com.

My first choice would be to use Dropbox - if you don't have Dropbox, then you can't do this:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/446 ... %20new.jpg
or resize/resave your scans (maybe 85% jpg, or pdf) and post a link for those? Then anyone in the forum can download without needing you to fill in their email (",)

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/pcx150/2015/bennn/389324]
Ben2talk

Post by Ben2talk »

homie wrote:People you need to tone this down and PM about such activities. There are copy rights that the forum owner can be held liable for if he becomes aware (and I see he's not yet aware)

cease and desist please
Sorry - would that apply to 2015 PCX150 owners?
Actually, the issue here is that APHonda (Thai Honda, not Japan Honda) just don't care. The dealers told me that in this country they offer only Thai language manual, and they just are not interested to obtain English language for anyone who cannot manage Thai.

As a legal issue, actually I'd say that the Owners Manual STATES that it is/should be kept AS PART OF THE BIKE PURCHASED, and as such it is APHonda that is at fault for denying the service.

As such, if anybody can manage to scan an English manual for the new LED version of the PCX, I will be willing to pass copies on to people ONLY in Thailand who suffer the same lack of service and who can verify that they are already in possession of a Thai Language manual.

We're only interested to offer English to people who cannot read Thai here, not to steal or dishonestly obtain copyright manuals.

Ben2talk

Post by Ben2talk »

Kermit wrote:You are talking about the owner's manual that comes with a new bike, correct? Not the service manual?

I think it's ridiculous that this isn't available on Honda's website. Car owner's manuals are freely available...why not this one?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/446 ... 0cover.jpg
This is also NOT marked as copyrite material. As far as I am aware, it is freely available to copy and distribute - CERTAINLY between owners of the bike.

The problem I have, being in Thailand I only have access to Thai companies (similarly with Mac Donalds. When you inspect the papers, you see it is actually 'MacThai' - a copy company operating under licence).

Service is by Thai's for Thai's. Motorcycle service here is virtually non-existent. Search the web for Thai motorcycle shops... you can't find Honda bike shops, only cars. In this country, only cars have status.

They just don't give a toss.

Yes, it's ridiculous. They're not even keen to promote them - though they park 300 bikes in an enclosed space that could only hold about 30 cars here, and traffic is so bad... they still charge bikes to park and let cars park free.

The price for one parking space at my condo is about 1 million baht - about 30,000 dollars. Rental is half the price of a room (half the size also, with no walls). No concept of dividing one car park space and renting it to 3 bikes for 1/2 the full cost (150% bonus).

Ben2talk

Post by Ben2talk »

fabianfred wrote:Well... if Honda cannot provide a user manual for their latest model in what must be the most common language...then how can they complain?

To be quite honest, since I bought my bike yesterday and we are already in October I'm not even sure if it is a 2015 or even a 2016 model!
There is no '2016' or '2015' model - they're the LED light version, not updated at all as far as I'm aware. I asked the same question in the shop, basically they explain that these bikes are coming straight from the factory for sale.

Anyway, final update today - I tried again calling the numbers on various papers and found one woman who said she will send me the owners manual. She says 'paper' - not too clear, I guess she means not a book (maybe she'll print it off herself) and took my Frame number and address. Hopefully it's going to come in a day or two.

If anyone's really interested, I'll scan it to my Dropbox and we'll take it from there. Certainly newer sections (about LED lights, fuel, alarm/instrument panel/settings, fuel tank etc) might be interesting.

BobS
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Silver

Post by BobS »

Ben - if you do manage to source a digital 2015 manual in English, please send me a copy.

BobS

BTW - regarding Honda Bike Shops, there is a Honda Big Wing Group that has bike specific shops. I bought my PCX from them in Chiang Mai
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:) Hi Ben, sorry about all your difficulties obtaining an English written owners manuel, or was it service manual? Sorry I'm confused. Either way, I hope you receive one soon!

In the meantime would you do us All a big favor and post your location "in your profile?"
I've been reading here and you've been asking us for help. I glance over to the left to see where you're from and there's no help there. It is important for all of us to have that info in order to guide and help one another.

Unfortunately I'm Not a computer geek otherwise I would have tried to come to the rescue. Forgive me. I can hear that you're getting desperate. I don't blame you. Having both the Owners Manual and Service Manual are invaluable tools. I've been able to help myself and others having them. That always Feels Good :)

(Below are easy directions to add your location. We all thank you. Good luck n Ride Safel!)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
fabianfred
Color: red

Post by fabianfred »

I can read Thai well but the print is so small in the user handbook that it makes it a PITA...
Certainly information on how often and how to check things like water, oil, battery etc. needs to be clear. My new bike just purrs along and makes a whistling noise. I can adjust my seating position by having my feet at the rear, centre or front position on the footboards which is good to relieve one single stance on long trips, and being small I do not have problems with the 'bump' in the seat. I like having a digital trip meter too.
The power outlet in the glove box should be useful for charging a phone... but the usual charging adaptors which go into the cigarette lighter socket on a car are too bulky and cannot be used with the compartment door closed!!
Emlyn45
Year: 2012
Color: White

Post by Emlyn45 »

fabianfred wrote:yes please emlyn45

if you are going to scan the pages then you could probably know which pages are the most important and differ from older manuals.. so maybe no need to scan the whole book.
I am sorry but I will have to defer to what homie wrote about copyrights.
I have not looked at a map so I do not know how far Bangkok is from you but if it is not to far go round to the factory and ask for a riders manual.
If I did receive a PM I could possibly do something about it.
Sorry that I cannot help further
regards
Emlyn
Speed without accuracy is time wasted

Bikes in garage:
2018 Piaggio MP3, 2012 PCX, 2010 BMW F800ST Special Edition, 1955 Norton Dominator 600cc.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

fabianfred wrote:I can read Thai well but the print is so small in the user handbook that it makes it a PITA...
Certainly information on how often and how to check things like water, oil, battery etc. needs to be clear. My new bike just purrs along and makes a whistling noise. I can adjust my seating position by having my feet at the rear, centre or front position on the footboards which is good to relieve one single stance on long trips, and being small I do not have problems with the 'bump' in the seat. I like having a digital trip meter too.
The power outlet in the glove box should be useful for charging a phone... but the usual charging adaptors which go into the cigarette lighter socket on a car are too bulky and cannot be used with the compartment door closed!!
Someone bought a cheap and tiny adapter, or you can bring them out to a charger/USB port for a few $'s and mount that outside the compartment.
silverantec
Color: Candy

Post by silverantec »

Kermit, sadly I beg to differ. For a number of years getting a genuine dealership manual for most cars has been harder than squeezing blood out of a stone. In order to force people to go to dealerships for service they have been not providing manuals outside of a genuine dealership. Not to owners, and not to other mechanical workshops. In the purchase arrangement I made for my recently purchased 2015 scooter I had an agreement with the dealership for a digital copy of a full workshop manual to be given to me with it. After the scooter was registered in my name and I was picking it up they reneged on the digital copy. The digital copy was arranged because a hard copy is not available. I am not aware of who produces the copy which may be purchased via links in this forum topic, but at least any discussion on purchased copies is not breaking any copyright laws. I must admit I am not aware how to PM anyone through these forums. I would like to know how to do that. Oh and yes, this topic was raised about Owner manual not about full workshop manual, though I can understand that also being brought up here too.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

There was a honda site where you could download PDF's for the cars but not scooters/bikes. You can buy the service manual for UK/Europe/US model PCX's and Forza's form dealers or other places - Dobles in the UK will order one for you and you can get one for a good price on-line in the States. The original shop manual for the Forza 125 (out in UK for about 6 months) is just over £40 and many have purchased them from the UK.
For the UK, it seems it's the older '12 main shop manual and a new '15 LED amendment part No: 62KWN50Z (approx £41) - best to order the US '15 150cc manual which is very similar without the idle-stop.