Traded in my Ninja 300 for a PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Traded in my Ninja 300 for a PCX

Post by GatorGreg »

Hey all, I just traded my Ninja 300 for a PCX 150. I really liked my N300 but I just wasn't getting as much use out of it as I'm hoping to get with the more versatile PCX. Looking forward to learning more about this great scooter here.

Here's a link to a video review I did with a brief highway top speed test, enjoy! :D I'll be uploading another video to YouTube soon featuring a night ride / lights review.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J0WRsJ2-XPc
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red

Re: Traded in my Ninja 300 for a PCX

Post by j.d.b. »

Welcome, Greg. Not a fan of freeway travel on mine here in SE Michigan, but it goes everywhere else, no worries. Enjoy, man!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi GatorGreg and welcome aboard the forum(s)! :P It's looking like Your enjoying your PCX!! It's a lot of fun, right? I will be checking out your other video's too. Just be aware n careful while shooting.
Very Good job!
On another note, I'm "guessing" you're located in one of our southern states. As soon as you can, could you please enter your location in your profile? It really helps us to help you when you need us. Just follow my easy directions posted below. We all appreciate it, thanks ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

Thanks for the welcome guys - and thanks for the reminder on the location - just added it.

Here's the night time video I did last night featuring the LED lights, enjoy :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPX4ZF6ZlZQ
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

Wait wait wait...You're in Fla? Is that an imported bike or did you mod it to remove the black U.S. spec turn signal stocks?
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

honkerman wrote:Wait wait wait...You're in Fla? Is that an imported bike or did you mod it to remove the black U.S. spec turn signal stocks?
Paul, I'm not sure I understand your question? It's a 2015 bought in Fla and made in Vietnam, and It's bone stock, but I think all 2015's sold in the USA did away with the turn signals that stick out and are now LED flush with the body. Is there something else unusual that you see that I'm not understanding?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

GatorGreg wrote:Hey all, I just traded my Ninja 300 for a PCX 150. I really liked my N300 but I just wasn't getting as much use out of it as I'm hoping to get with the more versatile PCX. Looking forward to learning more about this great scooter here.
AWESOME!
Attachments
cheer.jpg
cheer.jpg (16.39 KiB) Viewed 1285 times
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

GatorGreg wrote:
honkerman wrote:Wait wait wait...You're in Fla? Is that an imported bike or did you mod it to remove the black U.S. spec turn signal stocks?
Paul, I'm not sure I understand your question? It's a 2015 bought in Fla and made in Vietnam, and It's bone stock, but I think all 2015's sold in the USA did away with the turn signals that stick out and are now LED flush with the body. Is there something else unusual that you see that I'm not understanding?

Ahh, that might be it. hah, oh well. :)

The LED headlight is stock too?

In mine, the forward turn signal bubbles are empty. I'm eventually going to turn them into solid amber markers and hook them into the headlight.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

Hey Paul, yes, the LED headlights are stock for 2015 in the USA (I think they also came on the overseas market PCX starting in 2014), here's a pic. I'm also attaching some pics of my new PCX alongside my old N300:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (98.06 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (122.89 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (116.55 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (121.58 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

Welcome!
honkerman wrote:
GatorGreg wrote:

Ahh, that might be it. hah, oh well. :)

The LED headlight is stock too?

In mine, the forward turn signal bubbles are empty. I'm eventually going to turn them into solid amber markers and hook them into the headlight.
The pre-2013 had external turn signals in North America while the 2015+ had them moved into the headlight assembly.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS