Yuminashi parts

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Wes69
Year: 2013
Color: black

Yuminashi parts

Post by Wes69 »

Hello everyone first ever post :D iv just brought the yuminashi inertia power booster
sprint master variator a gates power link v belt and a afr controller unit. Total £194.00 with delivery so fairly costly has anyone got any experience with these parts was just wondering what I can expect I just need a bit more torque and a few more mph I'm 6 ft 1" and 18St
(so look rather silly on a pcx but I don't care) just wondering if I'm going to achieve what I need or am I going to have to pretend to the missus that it's worked well and haven't wasted a couple of hundred quid
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Yuminashi parts

Post by waspmike »

Sorry to hijack the topic but many pundits complain that the reason J Costa is no good is that it is heavier than the cast aluminum equivalents. Apparently now the cool thing to do is add an extra flywheel or "inertia power booster" Maybe the Spanish have known this all along?
Probably cheaper to buy a J Costa or Autisa which have "inertial power boost" built in.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Wes69 wrote:Hello everyone first ever post :D iv just brought the yuminashi inertia power booster
sprint master variator a gates power link v belt and a afr controller unit. Total £194.00 with delivery so fairly costly has anyone got any experience with these parts was just wondering what I can expect I just need a bit more torque and a few more mph I'm 6 ft 1" and 18St
(so look rather silly on a pcx but I don't care) just wondering if I'm going to achieve what I need or am I going to have to pretend to the missus that it's worked well and haven't wasted a couple of hundred quid
When I installed my inertia it made the Pcx lift front wheel on full throttle of the line with the vario set up. Was great everywhere but it robbed me slightly of mid range acceleration. Because I'm after all improvement I shaved mine down 35% and that kinda made the loss less noticeable without affecting much everywhere, it was a happy compromise. But by all means, in it's full weight it's ok, it's just that I'm too pedantic and eccentric.
Now, I'd have no problems installing it all over again, it's deff worth it.
Wes69

Post by Wes69 »

Pcxdemon wrote:
Wes69 wrote:Hello everyone first ever post :D iv just brought the yuminashi inertia power booster
When I installed my inertia it made the Pcx lift front wheel on full throttle of the line with the vario set up. Was great everywhere but it robbed me slightly of mid range acceleration. Because I'm after all improvement I shaved mine down 35% and that kinda made the loss less noticeable without affecting much everywhere, it was a happy compromise. But by all means, in it's full weight it's ok, it's just that I'm too pedantic and eccentric.
Now, I'd have no problems installing it all over again, it's deff worth it.
Cool sounds good to me hopefully the other parts I'm adding might keep or improve the mid rage even with the inertia
fun2scoot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by fun2scoot »

I tried the Inertia Disc, unmodified, but decided that the benefits were far too few.
The high RPM torque is nice - but that's all. RPM spinup was like carrying a elephant. Even modified I know it would not give me what I want.
Honda was right to keep the variator weight low.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

Wow...I am getting great all over acceleration and top end just moving to 13g dr pulley sliders, everything else stock. Good enuf for me! Before going further, if your not a gear head, try this and see if it's enuf.

The how to change is in the DIY section, instructions there are perfect.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Wes69

Post by Wes69 »

Well I fitted the power booster and sprint variator new filter and belt haven't had time to fit the air fuel controller but have already achieved what I wanted only had a short test run and easily managed 63mph before I had to let off the throttle for a bend. max before was 57 mph the bike runs at a lot lower revs but has more torque and power overtaking is a lot easier ill fit the air fuel controller at the weekend think I'll add a wind screen to edge up the top speed a bit more too but iv already achieved what I wanted so very happy
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red

Post by j.d.b. »

Wes69 wrote:Well I fitted the power booster and sprint variator new filter and belt haven't had time to fit the air fuel controller but have already achieved what I wanted only had a short test run and easily managed 63mph before I had to let off the throttle for a bend. max before was 57 mph the bike runs at a lot lower revs but has more torque and power overtaking is a lot easier ill fit the air fuel controller at the weekend think I'll add a wind screen to edge up the top speed a bit more too but iv already achieved what I wanted so very happy
About that windscreen, I lost about 5 MPH top end after putting one on. I experimented to see if that was really the cause and indeed, it is. I put it back on as the comfort it gives outweighs the top-end speed (that I don't use, anyway).
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

Check out the height of the screen. I figure no higher than the mirrors for max performance.
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red

Post by j.d.b. »

The correct height of the screen to be useful is close to nose-high. You should be looking just over it. Mine comes up to about my chin/mouth (I'm 5'8"). That's about as low as I go to get the comfortable "screening" effect. The "swirl" travels over my helmet. Definitely higher than the mirrors. lower than that and the "swirl" is buffeting the head pretty bad. The top-end speed is a fair trade for me as I ride in 45mph or less zones, daily. My fastest is with the factory "instrument cover" and leaning in behind it. Here's the bike:
fun2scoot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by fun2scoot »

The Givi mirror-height screen seems to have the best aerodynamics - by far. Easier on the engine than anything taller or shorter.
Wes69

Post by Wes69 »

Huh never really get uncomfortable riding at speed suppose I won't bother then
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

fun2scoot wrote:The Givi mirror-height screen seems to have the best aerodynamics - by far. Easier on the engine than anything taller or shorter.
The old mods knew this ;) They called them fly-screens. By adding one to your scoot gained about 3 mph maybe more depending on the scooter and made "cruising" easier.