Removal of Dashboard Meter Panel

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Dave Bo
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Removal of Dashboard Meter Panel

Post by Dave Bo »

Has anyone out there taken their dashboard apart? The problem I have, although not a very serious one, is that water spots have somehow built up on the inside of the clear plastic lens... I would love to take the speedo apart and clean the inside surface. It looks like the outside black plastic case ( the part that covers the outside parameter ) will pop right off exposing a few screws hold the lens in place. I have the parts catalog that shows a general illustration but not a genuine Service Manual... Would somebody with a service manual be kind enough to see if these is accurate? I have a 2015 PCX 150. I don't want to hear the dreaded "crack sound" by prying off a plastic piece that is held down by hidden screws... :| Thank you in advance...
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red

Re: Removal of Dashboard Meter Panel

Post by j.d.b. »

There's an excellent "How to disassemble the PCX" in the sticky threads. I'm on a tab at the moment and it's a thorough pain to figure out how to cut and paste.
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by j.d.b. »

AAAAAnd here it is!
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2630

This is an excellent "how-to". I can tell you, you will NOT like the job.
Watch out in particular for the little molded hooks on the cover that fits aft and below the steering, in the middle as you look at it from the seat. It's in body color. It's called a "cover, meter panel" if you go to order one. Those two hooks (on the top at both sides) are fragile!
Dave Bo
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Post by Dave Bo »

Thanks for the information! Looks like a good "winter project". I'm going to add it to the list!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Maybe this helps a wee bit. You can Print it.
Body panel removal chart (after '13) Yours and Mine 2015 :D
image.jpg
image.jpg (221.38 KiB) Viewed 2699 times
I looked at my Service Manual and wanted to share a snip but it gets involved. It's one of those....see pg 7 then page 52 then 32 etc. to get the dashboard job done.
I personally think that owning the Service Manual is a must If you want a hands on experience. I got mine here (they have a binder available too, if you're tidy :P )
http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp? ... d%5Fmedia=

And a bit of music to get the job done 8)

Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You