warped rotor

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: warped rotor

Post by DAB »

Blue, not Red
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
Forza 300
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Forza 300 »

If you have no vibration when applying the brakes slightly and at higher speeds and speeds around 60 kph or 40 mph the disc might be ok ,all disc (rotors ) have a certain amount of run out (war page ) if you have a shop manual and a run out gauge you can measure the disc runout(warpage) on honda cars it's .006 thousandth of a inch. But like others have said must see it for proper diagnose.
Scooter-Bound22
Year: 2011
Color: white

Post by Scooter-Bound22 »

Hello I have had the same problem with leaving my brake lock on and it wrapped my rotor. I olny moved the bike like 2 inches be for it locked up. I Didn't start it i was just pushing out of the garage to go for a ride when it happened. So i went ahead and ordered a new rotor and put it on today. But when I got everything on and screwed down I rolled the wheel and squeeze the brake lever but it still makes a slight grinding noise after i released it. I don't know what else to do can someone please help me and tell me where to go next?
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

Any fix for a warped sense of humor?

scooter bound, did you clean the brake pad surfaces? it's possible there was something on the pads. Trying to think too, when was the last time you flushed the brake fluid?
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

adambee wrote:Today I forgot about my brake lock on the front disc, and tried to take off twice before realizing what was happening.
How many of us would eventually do this if we all bought these brake lock security devices? I knew these were shit
Attachments
howdy.jpg
howdy.jpg (15.83 KiB) Viewed 1292 times
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

homie wrote:
adambee wrote:Today I forgot about my brake lock on the front disc, and tried to take off twice before realizing what was happening.
How many of us would eventually do this if we all bought these brake lock security devices? I knew these were shit
1 month, no incidents yet 8) .
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

You can use one of those springy plastic things that goes between the handle bars and disc to remind you there's a lock on, and/or add a coloured plastic thing to your key fob so that can aid as a reminder (or just clip some light-weight plastic thing to the bars to remind you). The rotor will likely get damaged if some low-life tries to steal it - nothing can be done about that.