Where to buy Yss rear shocks in Chiang Mai

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Sobwin
Year: 2013
Color: Mat black

Where to buy Yss rear shocks in Chiang Mai

Post by Sobwin »

Hi,

I am new to the site but have learnt so much from the forum. Great site.

I am an Aussie living in Chiang Mai and don't know where to buy a set of Yss g euro shocks for my 2013 PCX 150. From what I've read the xl will be my best bet. I am 80kg and my wife 60kg. We are both on the bike most of the time. I know that weight range fits the XXL. But I have read that these can be a bit firm at the lightest setting. That's why I thought XL and tighten them up a bit. I live in the mountains so lots of twisties and bumpy roads.

Would love to meet up with PCX expats in Chiang Mai sometime.
BobS
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Silver

Re: Where to buy Yss rear shocks in Chiang Mai

Post by BobS »

Go to Sangchai Panich, on Kaeo Narawat Road, across from Prince Royal College. 053 245454

They have a Honda dealership and the parts store - which is a huge place with all sorts of parts and accessories. Shocks will cost 3800 baht

You can check my post in the Accessories section - "Accessories in Thailand - Rear shocks" for info on the installation.
Sobwin

Post by Sobwin »

Thanks for you help much appreciated.

Do you use these shocks? If so what weight model?
BobS
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BobS »

Sobwin

Post by Sobwin »

Hi BobS

I got the YSS shocks and am really happy with the results, thanks for the info.

Do you have any experience with Dr Pulley sliders? I have read lots of info about them and would like to fit a set of 13oz and see how they go. We went up Doi Inthanon yesterday and only managed 25km/h full throttle, it is very steep. Most of our riding is mountain roads and always 2 up so i thought the lighter sliders would work well. Can i get them from the same shop i got the YSS?

Thanks
BobS
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BobS »

Can't help you there. I have not installed any performance mods on my PCX.

There probably is a local club with members that tweak their bikes.

I am not sure that parts not made in Thailand would be stocked locally.

You could check at http://www.powerbypcx.com/

They are down in Phuket
BobS
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BobS »

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4782

Here is a thread that mentions the Dr Pulley weights that you are thinking about. There may be others.

"Simply, the lighter the weight , the better the acceleration and the less the top end. Converse, the heavier the weight is the opposite, you can't have both. However I went from the stock 16 g to a 13g and got good, noticeable increase in acceleration and I still end up at 63 or 64, or somewhere around there…I used Dr Pulley 13g sliders."

Good luck.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

BobS wrote:http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4782

Here is a thread that mentions the Dr Pulley weights that you are thinking about. There may be others.

"Simply, the lighter the weight , the better the acceleration and the less the top end. Converse, the heavier the weight is the opposite, you can't have both. However I went from the stock 16 g to a 13g and got good, noticeable increase in acceleration and I still end up at 63 or 64, or somewhere around there…I used Dr Pulley 13g sliders."

Good luck.
With weights tuning there is a happy balance of not to light for no losses on top end and best acelaration, one needs to experiment with their machine to find it out.
Sobwin

Post by Sobwin »

Pcxdemon wrote:
BobS wrote:http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4782

Good luck.
With weights tuning there is a happy balance of not to light for no losses on top end and best acelaration, one needs to experiment with their machine to find it out.
Im not after top end speed just acceleration and holding power on a hill seeing we are always 2 up. Ill try 13g standard rollers and see what happens. At $6 its not a big investment. Are the sliders that much better than rollers?
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

Sobwin just sent you a PM.