J.Costa variator on 2015 PCX 125 ESP

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Re: J.Costa variator on 2015 PCX 125 ESP

Post by waspmike »

:lol:
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

iceman wrote:Not that I'm modding my pcx but isn't it acceleration on the horizontal and uphill that matters - not downhill? You should be able to go fast downhill with no engine :)
Depends on gearing, otherwise the rev limiter(and thus the engine) is what will slow you down.

But then again, with all that gearing and not enough engine, your uphill speed will decline with that setup.
glennix
Year: 2015 125cc ESP
Color: white

Post by glennix »

waspmike wrote:
glennix wrote:I've installed a givi d1136st windshield and now my topspeed is 118 km/h on the speedo and 108 km/h gps on a flat road.

Sorry for bumping an old thread. If you are still listening. What tires are you using?

At least your numbers agree with mine.
Hi, my fronttire is the original IRC tire, backtire is Michelin City grip. I've installed the OEM (low) Honda screen back because I didn't like the view of it and too much wind pressure around my head and ears so now my top speed is at max. 108 km/h on the speedo GPS=100 km/h at a horizontal road at best circumstances.

Today i went for a drive and max speed was 104 km/h on the speedo GPS said 96 km/h so it really depends on what road your driving and circumstances. ;)

Conclusion = a (mid)high windscreen helps a lot for more top speed. :lol:
glennix
Year: 2015 125cc ESP
Color: white

Post by glennix »

@waspmike: My j.costa variator is model JC6414FS.
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

OK.

The original IRC has a slightly larger circumference so for top speed you may wish to change back if/whenever/etc. as you would get an extra 5 kph over Michelin.

I think when you first posted maybe the bike was still new-ish. Now it is all loose you get better speed. 6414FS is the correct one for the 125. That was another thought of mine that you may have been inadvertently supplied with the wrong variator.

Send me a PM with an email address and I'll send you some factory test results so you can see how you are doing. It's .pdf so don't think I can post here.