New Forza owner

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

agent89
Year: 2014
Color: red

New Forza owner

Post by agent89 »

So I have had the Forza for about a week. First real ride today. I'm 58 and have been a life long motorcycle rider, mainly dirt bikes early and then street bikes starting in the mid 90,s. I have a Star Bolt as my "real" bike also.
Had been looking at scooters for awhile, thinking about one for a commuter and easy to ride fun machine. So I popped for the Forza a week ago.
First off a couple of things are a little hard to do for me, the fact that you have to have it on the center stand to start, really!! I can imagine there are going to a lot of times when it's a bitch to have the thing on the stand, off camber driveways for one. Then there is the transition to the two lever brakes. never had a system like this before, but oh well.
Now to the good, this thing really rails!! I had it out today for a two hour ride on country back roads, it really goes well, so easy to corner and the tires seem plenty sticky. easy mid corner adjustments, and the power is really good. The brakes are good too as I got used to the 2 lever thing. I have a favorite sportbike road close to me, lots of corners, on my way home today I saw a guy coming up behind me on a full size Something bike so I wicked the forza up a bit, I know this road well and pushed a little to see if this guy could keep the pace. He kept up mostly but in the fast sweepers I left him behind!! This may be a commuter scooter, but it has plenty of get up and go.

As far as the fit, I'm 5-07 #155 and I think they sized it for me. I like the look of the stock screen so no changes there, might look into some remote res shocks at some point. 8)
CelticCross
Year: 2011
Color: Gray

Re: New Forza owner

Post by CelticCross »

Welcome agent. You can't start the scooter with the kick stand down but you can start the scooter off the center stand.
agent89

Post by agent89 »

Ok, so I assumed I had to have it on the center stand to start, not true. Just had to squeeze the lever a little harder. Nice. Have ridden to work a few times now and the thing is a total pleasure to commute on. We are having unbelievable good early summer weather here in the Seattle area, in fact it is so dry that almost everybody wants some rain to come back!
I'm real happy with this scooter so far, seems like the "mama bear", just the right size. I can understand some folks not liking the room, seems fitted to shorter riders of which I am one.
I want the smoked windscreen that comes on the Japan model SI. And a pair of the yss shocks would be nice too. I have a cheap sun cover on order from amazon, will report more on it when I have used it a little.
Thinking about the first oil change, I'm not waiting for 600 mi, will probably change at 250 or so. I see that both my bikes take the same filter, am going to try the K&N 204, local auto parts store has them. Going with amsoil full syn 10w-30, good stuff.

So I think this bike will be in my garage for some time, so practical and super fun and easy to ride.
CelticCross
Year: 2011
Color: Gray

Post by CelticCross »

My daughter lives in the Ballard section and has commented on the lack of rain their this year.

As a vertically challenged rider, I really like the lower seat height and additional let room on this scooter. I thought that I would need to get a bigger scooter to best accommodate my height - glad I found the Forza.
AKforza
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza

Post by AKforza »

The Forza is one of the best handling bikes I've ever ridden. Nothing is more fun than a good twisty and the big island is riding paradise. Had a friend visit last year and rented a Vstrom 650. Good rider but you could tell he wasn't impressed with what I showed up with. Gave him a little adjust time on the 650 and then opened it up. We did 275 miles climbed to 4500-5500 ft three times. While he was on my backside on the hills I could loose him in the twisty. Left him with a new appreciation for a good scooter.
agent89

Post by agent89 »

This is my first scooter type bike, have had a number of "real" bikes including: VFR 750, Speed Triple, 599, FZ-1. But you know this Forza is really a competent road bike. It does handle really well, and the power is more than adequate.
I'm looking at an Ermax sport screen, YSS remote res shocks, and maybe some red anodized levers and bar ends. But those upgrades can wait. Having the trunk is a great advantage.
I know there is a stigma about riding a scooter, but so far people are really impressed with how sporty it is and I have no doubts about buying it. At 58 years old I think this is the perfect commuter and fun bike for me now, I have a Star Bolt R- Spec also. Nice one two punch.