Getting a PCX 125 on Saturday!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Getting a PCX 125 on Saturday!

Post by louthepoo »

gn2 wrote:And three years warranty.
But short service intervals.
Kymco are also at the bargain end of the market and worth a look.
I looked at loads of scooters before I decided on the pcx (which I invariably didn't get) and the next on the list was a kymco super 8 or the agility city, could get both for £1700 from a local dealer. Only problem was the super 8 couldn't have a top box and the agility city wasn't in stock and they weren't sure when one was coming in! Really good value scooters in my opinion and don't look to bad.
JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

One thought from me regarding the bus lanes, but in a lot of cities now bikes are allowed to use the bus lanes. It should be clearly marked on the signage.

But all in all, just take your time and you'll be just fine. Enjoy :D
EmilyJEG
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EmilyJEG »

Not here unfortunately, they've marked them with one of those "low flying motorbike" signs (as my Mum likes to call them) :(

I went to work this morning - took a wrong turn... and then another... and another... started on 28 miles, finished on 36 - the journey should have been 2.3 miles lol! On the plus side, the kids at work loved the scooter :D

Had a nice ride from work to the house of the person I "babysit" for. Fairly easy route to remember, and there were lots of straight roads with the occasional bit of up and down. Really enjoyed it! And it was lovely and sunny, but the sun was behind me the whole way so I didn't need to have my tinted visor down.
Theboybilly
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Theboybilly »

On that last note Emily, be aware especially as the nights draw in that you are less likely to be seen by drivers pulling out of side roads when you have a bright setting sun behind you. Something to be aware of. It's not as bad as it used to be as the PCX has 'always on' headlights.

Bill
Image[/URL
EmilyJEG
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EmilyJEG »

Yeah, I try to be very careful because I'm a bit nervous. I hate getting too close to other vehicles - so much so that I turn left out of the car park then go around the roundabout and head back the other direction. It adds about 5 minutes onto my journey, but I feel safer doing it that way! (It's quite a busy main road with two lanes in each direction).

I got a bit of a surprise earlier - the green lights were on at a crossroad, and one was pointing right which was where I was going. Cars from the direction I was going were turning in the direction I was coming from, which was fine, but suddenly a car zoomed past in front of me as I was about to turn. A taxi driver beside me but going straight on beeped his horn and at first I thought he was doing it at me (I'm paranoid, lol!) but then I realised he must have been beeping at the person in the car. It's lucky someone didn't have an accident!
Tristik
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Tristik »

EmilyJEG wrote:Yeah, I try to be very careful because I'm a bit nervous. I hate getting too close to other vehicles - so much so that I turn left out of the car park then go around the roundabout and head back the other direction. It adds about 5 minutes onto my journey, but I feel safer doing it that way! (It's quite a busy main road with two lanes in each direction).
~~
I've done pretty much the same thing many times in my car. When there's a lot of foot and vehicle traffic and such going on at a busy spot, you're best bet is usually the safer one. ;) So you lose a minute or two on your commute, so what? That's just another minute or two you get to drive your bike!
~~
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Tristik wrote:
EmilyJEG wrote:Yeah, I try to be very careful because I'm a bit nervous. I hate getting too close to other vehicles - so much so that I turn left out of the car park then go around the roundabout and head back the other direction. It adds about 5 minutes onto my journey, but I feel safer doing it that way! (It's quite a busy main road with two lanes in each direction).
~~
I've done pretty much the same thing many times in my car. When there's a lot of foot and vehicle traffic and such going on at a busy spot, you're best bet is usually the safer one. ;) So you lose a minute or two on your commute, so what? That's just another minute or two you get to drive your bike!
~~

I agree. I've got a busy junction like that Sometimes you can be straight out and other times it can take ten minutes. Better to turn left and turn on the roundabout
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

yep, me too, i'd rather be safe than cross some of the roads i have to!