cbs at pcx 125, 2010

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

sol.like
Year: 2010
Color: black/brown

cbs at pcx 125, 2010

Post by sol.like »

:( I stay in asien with a pcx 125, 2010, now my question is it possible to separates the break, I head it and it's here very dangerous with cbs!!
At dangerous situation u can't open all breaks. U need the back brake when the front wheel slides. I have a accident and some near accidents about the cbs. In Europe it's sure a good system, but here it's good for die. Can someone tell me how to do this. I know it's not good but I like my live and maybe I drive many km big bik without cbs and u have some routines and it'd hard to stop.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: cbs at pcx 125, 2010

Post by iceman »

People on this forum have disabled the CBS system, but why is it dangerous? Normally good to start breaking with the rear and top up with the front (which CBS does but perhaps not enough in time).
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

I quite like the combi brake. I've had no problems with it really.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Where are you located?
sol.like

Post by sol.like »

I'm at thailand, it's dangerous about when someone crossed your way and you must brakes hard, so the front wheel slides but you must brake for no crash into the vehicle who drives crazy. When you open left and right hand, so you touched the other car and when not slides and falls. So it's sure to have an accident. That's my problem and in Thailand you always pay at accident, then you are the foreigner you are rich.
sol.like

Post by sol.like »

Sorry for my English but it's not my passion. I learn at do.
sol.like

Post by sol.like »

Sorry for my English but it's not my passion. I learn at do.
danieljw
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: RED

Post by danieljw »

Look at it this way, on ANY car or bike the back break isn't strictly needed. There should never be a time where you need to use your back break more than your front, never!

Cbs purely makes life easier...

If your front wheel looks up, you pump the break quickly it's a skill to be learnt.

Go and look at the beaks on most cars the rotors at the front are sometimes double them of the back.
Because on all vehicles that travel forward the break bias need to be 75 front 25 rear, if your having issues with front wheels locking up etc you might need to look at your riding style

Sorry if this foent make much sence it's hard to word what I'm trying to get across, bottom line is there is nothing at all wrong with cbs brakes even in an emergency!
Honda PCX125 - 1000miles

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

I thought it was dangerous to get used to breaking with your front break on a bike/scooter as if you break to hard you slip or go head over heels. I understood it's better to start gentle breaking with the rear and aid it with the front - amounts vary dependant on wet/dry conditions.
stryder123
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 forza
Color: Red

Post by stryder123 »

A professional or very experienced rider can stop faster and safer without the use of cbs or even abs.
You have to practice emergency stops on all different surfaces and riding speeds to be able to do that.
Most people never practice any emergency stops from fear of damaging their bikes. That is why cbs and abs are so beneficial to most riders.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

stryder123 wrote:A professional or very experienced rider can stop faster and safer without the use of cbs or even abs.
Not on a wet road they can't.
danieljw wrote:Look at it this way, on ANY car or bike the back break isn't strictly needed.
Totally, completely and utterly wrong.
Couldn't be more wronger.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
sol.like

Post by sol.like »

Ok I see the people here are Europe drivers. Thanks not ask about pro and contra cbs I'm a technical freak. And I known the pro but u must ride here and if I drive here to Honda I see the results about this.
But thanks by other branding so I doesn't have this goods!!
When a driver with a off road pick up Stopped without winker he have a save big car. Or I maybe drive with 5 km/hour it's save for me!! But than I don't need also cbs. So have a nice day
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

sol.like wrote:Sorry for my English but it's not my passion. I learn at do.
Don't worry about it. There are Americans on the forum :D
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

sol.like wrote:Ok I see the people here are Europe drivers. Thanks not ask about pro and contra cbs I'm a technical freak. And I known the pro but u must ride here and if I drive here to Honda I see the results about this.
But thanks by other branding so I doesn't have this goods!!
When a driver with a off road pick up Stopped without winker he have a save big car. Or I maybe drive with 5 km/hour it's save for me!! But than I don't need also cbs. So have a nice day
There is a adjustment nut on the cbs unit... try dialing out the front bias. I dialed out about half of the stock adjustment for awhile, but it was not enough for technical riding.
You can also drain the brake fluid from the front center caliper piston(rear brake).
Or just remove the cbs altogether and replace with one long rear brake cable like a GY6 or similar(that is what I have done and it is way better :D ).
sol.like

Post by sol.like »

Thanks so much I know now how to do and I see someone know abut the problems I have!! If someone drives sometime at hot arias knows u have all time slide streets when it's dry u have dust and oil from street. And with cbs it's .., I liked the system if I drive at Europe but not here I drive. The people get the driving licence with one forward and one backward drive and I see the results every days at street. Belive or come and see!! I can tell a lot of story's about. I bot my pcx 2014 at January with 24000 km and if I leave thailand at end of april I had 30000 km on. So u see I'm not a coffee shop ruder I drive. In 10 days I go phuket to bangkok or maybe Cambodia by my pcx if I can cross the border with. That's return about 3-4000 km in around 2 weeks. I know why I wanna do and I know about why I wanna do. ☺ thank you for information and not tip!!
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

May be of interest, Honda's desgin brief on ABS/CBS - http://world.honda.com/motorcycle-techn ... ke/p1.html
sol.like

Post by sol.like »

The Honda sides are very interested. But it's a theoretical statistics with perfect street, dry streets perfect grip and professional drivers not dangerous situations with sliding street or other's. CBS, I'm sure make many drives safety. And in combination with ABS I think it's perfect. But without it's good for a lot of situations u can come if u ride. But, maybe I drive not carefully enough, u can have situations there is CBS wrong and dangerous. Then at emergency if the front wheel starts to slide I must stopped completely to breake, right?! The wheel not restarts to spine if I not open two hands!! And at emergency I need to stop so it's sure u have an accident ok u have two ways for. 1st u not open all breaks, so u falling and slide. 2nd u open and stopped to break for milli seconds but u crashed. So what's option u need to do? I drive around 100.000 km with honda CBR 600, no cbs no abs I drive sommer and sometimes wintertime. She was faster and stronger than pcx and I not missed CBS, ABS maybe. So I think I know what I'm talking about. I never says CBS isn't good but same everything it's not perfect and I'm drive at a place there it's not perfect. And if I go to the honda dealer here I saw pcx with CBS and all had the same signs of accidents. But I have the information I need and not want talking more about. Thanks for info and I read the critics and accept it.