12 volt socket on new PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Aberdeen Scoot
Year: 2015
Color: RED

12 volt socket on new PCX

Post by Aberdeen Scoot »

Just wondering if anyone is going to manage to use the new 12 volt socket that is tucked to the left hand side of the faring? I tried to plug in a phone charger and then a sat nav charger and both were to big to be able to close the flap. Seems to me its a bit of a fail!
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: 12 volt socket on new PCX

Post by iceman »

Not tried using it yet, but you should be able to get a flexible extender cable that will fit from somewhere - hopefully!
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

I can fit my smart phone and charger in and close the door.
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
chigman

Post by chigman »

Hi
This is the charger that I use... http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I ... ge_o03_s00

Does the job perfectly :)
Aberdeen Scoot
Color: RED

Post by Aberdeen Scoot »

smart little device and a very keen price.......cheers Chigman
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

That device fits inside the glove box on mine, and yes the phone would fit inside the box too if I needed. Is that cord presenting the problem?

Kohaku
Color: Red

Post by Kohaku »

Hi, I've just got my PCX 125 and I got a Veetop® Dual USB High Speed (MFI Certified) Car Charger UPGRADE 3.4Amp 15.5W - 2.4A & 1.0A, Smart charging for all iPhones and I want to use it with my iPhone 4s but I'm having trouble too, my standard USB cable end makes it too long and the glove compartment door can't close- has anyone managed to successfully use theirs to charge an iPhone?
The Veetop charger fits nicely and looks the same same shape and size as others on the market, it's just the USB cable end that I want to plug into it, then into my phone that is making it not work, the USB part just sticks out too far.
Kohaku
Color: Red

Post by Kohaku »

Doh, just tried it again with an Apple cable and it does fit, I was trying my cable from my Pebble charger before- hooray, it works!
Daryn93
Year: 19
Color: Black

Post by Daryn93 »

Mine keeps blowing the fuses
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

It depends on the current draw of the device you are trying to charge. I don't think it is meant to handle more than 2 amps. That means that if you want to run multiple things OR the item requires more current than 2 amps, you will need to attach something directly to the battery, such as a Battery Tender cable, and connect your device to it through an adapter.

I have my dashcam running that way with built in on/off switch in the USB plug (I had to do that because the dashcam pulls a small amount of current when the engine is off, I guess for the date and other memory issues. In any case, it ran down my battery just sitting there for a week, so the switch keeps it from doing that.)

By the way, not to hijack this thread, but if any members read the recent story in the news about the pickup truck that crashed into a group of bikers in New Hampshire you will notice that police are asking if anyone has dashcam coverage of what happened. I suggest that ALL members get an inexpensive dashcam, attach it to your windshield, set it to refresh at its maximum time...usually every 10 minutes, and run it everytime you ride. It is for your own benefit to consider one.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers