Forza height

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Johnson

Forza height

Post by Johnson »

Hi

I have a 2014 and am finding it is just a tad too low for me. Does anyone know if the bike height can be adjusted. Great scooter.

Johnson
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Forza height

Post by gn2 »

You could use a booster cushion?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
BRed
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2023 XMax 300
Color: Grey and black

Post by BRed »

If you mean from shock absorber sag, you could try turning up the rear spring pre-load?

stock is the middle of the 5 preload settings and after adjusting mine two clicks lower to soften the ride (the bottom position, so less compression)
I immediately noticed that the bike seat was lower (with me on it, of course) than before.

worth a try?
Johnson

Post by Johnson »

BRed. Thanks for that advice. How actually is that done. I want to increase height. Is that a possibility doing it that way.
BRed
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2023 XMax 300
Color: Grey and black

Post by BRed »

It won't change the static height of the bike, but it will reduce how far the shock springs allow the bike to "sag" with your added weight....
it will also make it stiffer (more rebound) on bumps unless you have the weight to level it all out.
(which is why I reduced the preload on mine....too strong for my weight)

since the Forza seems low to you, I am assuming that you are a taller rider....
that doesn't necessarily mean a heavier rider.

the shocks' preload adjuster is at the bottom, under the spring....
it requires a 46mm shock spanner which HondaUSA (in it's infinite wisdom), decided not to supply to US riders.
Currently, you can't even buy one from Honda, although they include it on their parts fiche sites, perhaps just to taunt us? :)

A 45mm-50mm spanner will work but these are small sizes compared to most shocks and you're not likely to have one lying around unless you already own a mid-sized scooter or small motorcycle with an adjustable shock.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

You can turn them with your bare hands.
Undo the lower bolt, pull rhe shock to the rear, set to desired position, bolt back in place.
No special tools required and you only need to unbolt the exhaust side, the transmission side can be done in place.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I know they sell shock absorber extensions for the PCX. I am guessing they might do the same for the Forza.

http://www.bikerzbits.com/honda-pcx-125 ... nsion.html
riderthailand
Year: 2014
Color: Grey

Post by riderthailand »

You can adjust the spring heights or go for an after market brand (YSS)