Documentation

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

anavi13

Documentation

Post by anavi13 »

Hi from a newbie in rainy Edinburgh, Scotland!
I got my used silver PCX125 about a month ago and still ride to work every day with a huge grin on my face, happy days!
I have a question that's probably really stupid but I just could not find the answer to it anywhere:
Where is one supposed to carry important documents (owners manual, insurance certificate, MOT docs, not sure what else)?
I like to just go for quick rides and usually put my licence in my pocket but it occurred to me recently that I need to be able to produce the insurance certificate when needed and should probably carry the breakdown service number on me at all times, too. I am sure there are quite a few posts here about the seat latch being a bit tricky and I am paranoid that if I always leave the papers inside the scooter I will leave the seat open one day and someone will walk away with my name, address and phone number. Any suggestions?
Thanks
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Documentation

Post by you you »

anavi13 wrote:Hi from a newbie in rainy Edinburgh, Scotland!
I got my used silver PCX125 about a month ago and still ride to work every day with a huge grin on my face, happy days!
I have a question that's probably really stupid but I just could not find the answer to it anywhere:
Where is one supposed to carry important documents (owners manual, insurance certificate, MOT docs, not sure what else)?
I like to just go for quick rides and usually put my licence in my pocket but it occurred to me recently that I need to be able to produce the insurance certificate when needed and should probably carry the breakdown service number on me at all times, too. I am sure there are quite a few posts here about the seat latch being a bit tricky and I am paranoid that if I always leave the papers inside the scooter I will leave the seat open one day and someone will walk away with my name, address and phone number. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Pocket?
stryder123
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 forza
Color: Red

Post by stryder123 »

I put all my important papers in a ziplock bag and used velcro strips to attach it to the underside of the seat pan. They stay out of the way but are handy if I need them.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

stryder123 wrote:I put all my important papers in a ziplock bag and used velcro strips to attach it to the underside of the seat pan. They stay out of the way but are handy if I need them.

That's a pretty good idea
anavi13

Post by anavi13 »

stryder123 wrote:I put all my important papers in a ziplock bag and used velcro strips to attach it to the underside of the seat pan. They stay out of the way but are handy if I need them.
That is a great idea, thanks! I do carry stuff in my pockets but they are not big enough for all the paperwork the police here in the UK would want you to produce! Just need to make sure I lock that seat properly every time :)
oldbiker
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2012 non esp
Color: Black is cooler

Post by oldbiker »

There is no need to carry insurance details anymore the police usually check by anpr software fitted to most police cars in the UK. Plus they used to give you 5 days to produce documents. But a good idea to use the zip lock bag for recovery and owners manual.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

I have a photocopy of my CBT and insurance under the seat - but I keep the originals safe indoors. Probably not a good idea to keep the documents (or copies) in the vehicle though, just in case it's stolen.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Mine are in a drawer in the house.
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

anavi13 wrote:Hi from a newbie in rainy Edinburgh, Scotland!
Thanks
Have not carried any documentation in 40 years, not necessary in the UK. Only when travelling to Europe.
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350