Gas Gauge

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Re: Gas Gauge

Post by Alibally »

gn2 wrote:The only reson uk petrol stations want you to take your helmet off is so they can get your face on the cctv.
I was getting fuel once and I just lifted the flip on my helmet. The charming lady on the front desk starting shouting at me over the tannoy to take my helmet off so when I quizzed her about it she said it was as gn2 said, it's to stop fuel theft. The thing is that she knows me as I work across the road from the place. Just being a jobsworth I think.
rew750

Post by rew750 »

gn2 wrote:The only reson uk petrol stations want you to take your helmet off is so they can get your face on the cctv.
They must make you prepay over in the UK. Here in the US you can't fill out without leaving money with the cashier or using a credit card at the pump. Pretty hard to steal gas anymore.
waybar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waybar »

I filled up my msr fuel bottle and put it under the seat and had intended to ride my scooter until it ran out of gas just to see how many miles I would get on it before it ran empty. It was on the empty mark at I think around 130 miles. Kept riding until it got to 180 miles, but then got tired of waiting for it to run out of gas and went to the gas station. It took about 2.65 gallons to fill it, so I think I would have gotten at least 200 miles if I would have ridden until it went empty.
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

waybar,

But you gave up. Your finding is subjective and has lost all scientific credibility :ugeek:

Your result is about the same as the rest of us. Mine fluctuates between 65 & 75 mpg depending on all the variables.
I use one of those saddlebag gas cans and it fits perfect under the front part of underseat storage.. I have yet to run it dry either. :roll:
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: https://postimg.cc/gallery/Y9JWhsg
waybar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waybar »

willajabir,
I got your PM but I'm not able to send PM's yet, must have to be more active on here before I can PM. Just wanted you to know that
everything is cool, I laughed when I read it.
It was a little worrisome on my first tank when the tank read empty and I was like 20 miles from home, but I knew there had to me
more miles left. It's good to know about how many miles we can expect from a full tank.
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

Seems almost everyone (myself included) gets concerned about the fuel when the Forza is new.
The gauge hits the red and if you have had much previous experience running out of fuel, then you panic.
But you can go another 60 (US) miles with no problem, unless you are WOT, then it could be a little close depending on how long it has been in the red.
Larry

JoshM
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 VStrom 650

Post by JoshM »

Not Forza, but Honda related : My PCX had zero bars on Sunday and I was driving as conservative as possible to the nearest station to refill. Didn't even put a gallon it!
It seems silly that Honda let's a 1.6 gallon tank show "empty" with over 1/2 gallon remaining.

At least it's fair to say that if anyone runs out of gas on a PCX/Forza... they definitely deserved it.
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

Now now Josh, you may have to eat your words later. Sometimes you are having so much fun you can just forget to watch the gauges.
Larry

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I may be the only member here who has run out of fuel on a PCX and a Forza.....?
Oh and I filled the PCX with diesel once too.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

I ran out of fuel once on it. It sucked
ImageImage
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 VStrom 650

Post by JoshM »

Come on now guys... I've ran out once, on a bike with no gas gauge and a non working speedometer/odometer.

These Honda's make it nearly impossible! Unless I manage to one day..
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

JoshM wrote:Come on now guys... I've ran out once, on a bike with no gas gauge and a non working speedometer/odometer.

These Honda's make it nearly impossible! Unless I manage to one day..

Couldn't agree more :D
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

I was on way to gas station. Had to park scooter and walk 3 miles to class and come back later
ImageImage
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

27 bikes and 46 years and run out of gas twice within 1 day of each occurrence on a Valkyrie(no gauge). Both times the station was downhill and I was able to freewheel to the pump.
Once with strong head wind and it reduced my range from 160 to 100 miles.
Next day I forgot to switch the reserve back after fill up....duh....
Later spent half a day with a friend draining the diesel fuel from his Goldwing.
And the Forza still has a gallon (US) when it hits the red :)
Larry

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Glad my new PCX has a larger tank and great economy - still giving well over 120mpg commuting with 30-40 max speeds and often lots of stopping/slowing. Hard to see how I can run out especially with the reserve when near empty on the gauge. Usually you should not let cars run too low due to the fuel pump picking up crud left at the bottom of the tank - is this not an issue with Forza's/PCX's?