Possible Forza Purchase

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

wolf39us

Possible Forza Purchase

Post by wolf39us »

Okay so I fall under the group of people about a year and a half ago that purchased a 2013 PCX 150 and had the Forza come to the US not 2 fricken months later.

So I've been driving my PCX and have been pretty happy with it so far, haven't had any issues to complain about at all... but I do feel that just a bit more oomph will make me pretty happy. I've been looking at the Forza and have gone to the dealer yesterday just to crunch some numbers to see if it's REALLY that worth it to waste on a trade-in.

The dealer offered 2k for my PCX150 and a bunch of discounts on the Forza that would bring my price down to $3700 total after my trade (including tax, tag, etc). I paid $3520 for my PCX150 new total but obviously I could never get that back.

I wonder if it's really that good of a deal considering that I'll pretty much be buying another bike with a bit more power at about the same price that I bought the PCX from the start.

The PCX tops out between 62-64mph and I'd really like to top out closer to 75 mph for the highway rides around here (yes I've taken the PCX on the highway and while it performs fine... it needs just a tad more to keep up).

What do you all think?
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Possible Forza Purchase

Post by willajabir »

Worth it? If you are willing to pay, yes. If not, no.
If you aren't in a hurry, you might try to sell the pcx and make a few more bucks.
If you ARE in a rush (like me) and just want the new skut so bad, then go for it.
Driving the big roads, which it sounds like you do often, you'll enjoy the extra Forza power.
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: https://postimg.cc/gallery/Y9JWhsg
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

willajabir wrote:Worth it? If you are willing to pay, yes. If not, no.
If you aren't in a hurry, you might try to sell the pcx and make a few more bucks.
If you ARE in a rush (like me) and just want the new skut so bad, then go for it.
Driving the big roads, which it sounds like you do often, you'll enjoy the extra Forza power.
Agreed. Why let others tell you what you should or shouldn't do. If you can afford it, do what you feel like.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Definitely your money do what you like with it, but here are some questions to think about:

How much is left to pay on any outstanding finance for the PCX?
What deposit did you put down on the PCX?
How much could you get for the PCX selling privately?
What is the out the door price of a new Forza if you don't trade-in and pay cash?
Are there any used Forzas available locally and what do they cost?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
wolf39us

Post by wolf39us »

gn2 wrote:Definitely your money do what you like with it, but here are some questions to think about:

How much is left to pay on any outstanding finance for the PCX?
What deposit did you put down on the PCX?
How much could you get for the PCX selling privately?
What is the out the door price of a new Forza if you don't trade-in and pay cash?
Are there any used Forzas available locally and what do they cost?

1) Nothing... I paid it off in about 5 months
2) I think like $150... not much lol
3) meh, MAYBE $2,500, but the dealers are having ridiculous deals on the PCX for about 2,900 to 3k
4) $5,700 out the door non-abs version (retail is $5,599 I believe)
5) Not that I'm aware of

I've got money and I make enough to come up with the whole amount fairly quickly. I like to finance for the credit benefits honestly... but after I purchased the PCX150 and paid it off, I then purchased a 19k Honda Civic lol.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

If you've got the money available and want a Forza then definitely do it.
I did 18,000 miles on a PCX and have 7,500 miles on the Forza and imo the Forza is a far better scooter than the PCX in so many ways.
Don't be a tightwad though, get the ABS version.
Just might save your hide one day.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
garrup

Post by garrup »

........what caught my attention was you saying your 150cc scoot will do 60-65mph on the highway. And i'm thinking, is that safe? I've done it many times in the past on various bikes, and never thought it w as.
How much highway to you get? One of the most unsafe riding habits is having to hug one side of the road while fast traffic passes you, maybe a foot or so away. Nothing's worth that. Whether you commute, or just ride for enjoyment, you need to get the most out of your ride. Dollars spent are irrelevant unless it is detracting from your children's meals.
If the traffic is flowing at 65mph you need to flow with it, and not be running flat out as fast as the bike will go. A Forza, in my opinion, is the minimum size scoot you need for on the highway. It is capable of running at 70mph all day long. Buy it, or buy a motorcycle, but stay with the flow.
wolf39us

Post by wolf39us »

Highway rides are about once every couple of months... About 95% of my riding is urban traffic. I've driven my PCX from Clearwater to Sarasota on the highway and just stayed to the right... Kept about 60ish or better the whole way.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:If you've got the money available and want a Forza then definitely do it.
I did 18,000 miles on a PCX and have 7,500 miles on the Forza and imo the Forza is a far better scooter than the PCX in so many ways.
Don't be a tightwad though, get the ABS version.
Just might save your hide one day.

But perhaps you could set your horizons higher

It might cheer you up

And us
wolf39us

Post by wolf39us »

I think I may buy it outright... I have a 17k loan remaining on my Honda Civic right now and probably want to wait a bit and just save up for the Forza.

It's not THAT important of an upgrade for me at the moment, but it's still a GREAT deal.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

When I saw subject heading for this post I was sure it was going to be by vagabondman ... just kidding. :lol: :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Hoyt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Hoyt »

The best option is maybe to sell the pcx at good price and find an used forza, so it wont be as expensive as a new one even with discount.
That what i did, and instead of losing money by buing a brand new forza, i won 1000 euros in the trade.
I sold the bike 5500, and the used forza was 4500 :)