Takegawa Pcx 170cc

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Takegawa Pcx 170cc

Post by waspmike »

Send me an email I will send you some printed test results. 125-130 but going down hill.
nribeiro
Regular User
Regular User

Post by nribeiro »

Mine does 132 downhill. That isn't my problem.
nribeiro
Regular User
Regular User

Post by nribeiro »

Hello everyone,

What do you think about this.

http://storage.malossistore.com/files/m ... 311401.pdf

It's ok for what I need?

I'm thinking about the ones with part number: 29 7307

Says that RPM goes close to 8.000RPM so...

Best regards
nribeiro
Regular User
Regular User

Post by nribeiro »

Ok, I bought something that makes more sense to me. For what I need that is keeping the rpm's close to 8.000 rpm or to help uphill I've ordered a Polini Torque Spring. I think it will help.

What do you guys think?

Best regards
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

nribeiro wrote:Ok, I bought something that makes more sense to me. For what I need that is keeping the rpm's close to 8.000 rpm or to help uphill I've ordered a Polini Torque Spring. I think it will help.

What do you guys think?

Best regards
It's all about trial,error and fine tunning. Good luck and keep us posted.
nribeiro
Regular User
Regular User

Post by nribeiro »

I hope it will improve in some points.
I'll keep you postes.

Thanks
chainsaw
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 150esp
Color: white/carbon

Post by chainsaw »

just go slowly with the parts in the transmission, one at a time and feel the change. try to understand what each part does to the power delivery. I changed a few too many parts at once and it developed a big dippy gear change effect when you hit 90kmh and then didnt have the power to stretch to 120. do one mod at a time and ride it for a week to feel it out, i pulled my transmission apart 5 times in one day chasing the problem. My transmission setup is a mongrel mix of brands and i'm still not 100% happy but it is way better than stock. my shed now has sliders,rollers, belts,springs etc all over the place.
nribeiro
Regular User
Regular User

Post by nribeiro »

This is my brother in law testing my PCX. The spring didn't arrive yet.
What do you think about the rev?

waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

J Costa is designed and set up to run with stock transmission components. If you add a Polini torque spring you will need to change the variator weights. Lots of different ones available and you can mix them to get small changes like 0.25 gms. You can also drill them out, carefully to make them lighter.

But there will be very little help available from the factory for settings.

Are you using a stock Honda belt? Malossi belt is wider and will mess up J. Costs settings!

Anyway give it a try and see what happens.
nribeiro
Regular User
Regular User

Post by nribeiro »

Spring installed and loved it!
I feel it more powerfull at 80kph. For example going at 80 and I have a lot of throttle to use. Didn't made any uphill since I only came to work but good mod to PCX!
On flat in the same road that I do all days almost hit 120 kph but today it's very windy! A lot more than usual so I need more days to test it better and try to find some tacho to tune it better. For flats what is better? I don't really know if upgrade the clutch will help since I'm happy with it pulling from 0 kph.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

nribeiro wrote:Spring installed and loved it!
I feel it more powerfull at 80kph. For example going at 80 and I have a lot of throttle to use. Didn't made any uphill since I only came to work but good mod to PCX!
On flat in the same road that I do all days almost hit 120 kph but today it's very windy! A lot more than usual so I need more days to test it better and try to find some tacho to tune it better. For flats what is better? I don't really know if upgrade the clutch will help since I'm happy with it pulling from 0 kph.
Clutch wont do anything for what you want. Seems you got it tuned quite well,you should be happy with that.
nribeiro
Regular User
Regular User

Post by nribeiro »

Yes but we allways want more right? Loool
I'll try 8gr sliders in JCosta vario. In the moment I use 8.5g. Just to see if it drop even less rpm when start to uphill.