The Elusive PCX...

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

The Elusive PCX...

Post by Vagabondman »

The PCX has become my Bigfoot! I've had my eye on the PCX for almost a year now. But here's the thing, I can't find it in a showroom ANYWHERE. And I live in NY! Two seperate dealers I've called up, said they had the PCX on their floor...but soon as I visited the showroom, there was none. They said they must have sold. Hmmm. Now, I don't know it they were BS'ing me just to get me thru the doors...but this is getting ridiculous.

I've also only seen ONE PCX actually being ridden on the street so far. And believe me, I've been looking at everything on 2 wheels that's parked or that rides past me.

Now I'm waiting for a 2014 PCX that may or may not arrive...and I've yet to see a 2013! LOL.

I've have a lot of time sit testing the Forza tho. See lots of them. Alittle wide, but It's growing on me. At first I thought it was too cramped because of my 6'4" height with 36" inseam...but I changed my mine. It's more than enough room, and the seat is comfy.

Still, my heart is set on the PCX. Will keep looking for a showroom that actually has one tho, as I wait for any possible announcement about the 2014 model. Rumor has it a May 5th announcement is possibly forthcoming from Honda.

Anyone else in NY that has seen the PCX in a showroom? I've been to both Championship Honda in Hempstead and NYHondaYamaha in Queens with no luck.
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Re: The Elusive PCX...

Post by Vagabondman »

I also find the lack of color selection with the Forza here in the states frustrating. Overseas you also have the choice of getting it in black or white....both of which look sweet. Nothing wrong with red, but I do t particularly care for the shade Honda used for the Forza. It's more orangey then the nice candy apple red they used for the PCX.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Well, I think at 6'4" tall you will find the PCX a little cramped. If you decided to buy it any way you would definitely have to replace the seat, unless Honda ships us the 2014 version, which I kind of doubt since there are still 2013 versions in many showrooms and the prices have not gone down, which would have meant that the newer ones were about to be distributed here. The Forza is a nice bike, though I did not particularly like the seat....actually, I downright hated the seat. In any case, the Forza might be a better option just because it is larger. Of course, what do I know. I am average height, and I ride a Burgman 400, which is perfect because the back rest is moveable.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:Well, I think at 6'4" tall you will find the PCX a little cramped. If you decided to buy it any way you would definitely have to replace the seat, unless Honda ships us the 2014 version, which I kind of doubt since there are still 2013 versions in many showrooms and the prices have not gone down, which would have meant that the newer ones were about to be distributed here. The Forza is a nice bike, though I did not particularly like the seat....actually, I downright hated the seat. In any case, the Forza might be a better option just because it is larger. Of course, what do I know. I am average height, and I ride a Burgman 400, which is perfect because the back rest is moveable.

I'm 6'5". No two, four, eight ,ten wheeler will fit us

It doesn't make any difference and isn't worth worrying about

I suspect that if you've made 102 posts without buying a scooter, you probably never will
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

36" inseam o_O
Unless you like riding behind the hump :lol: you may want to seriously mod the seat like I did.
I'm sure your knees would hit your arms when riding( like me on a stock ruckus :lol: )
Maybe you will need ape-hangers for your pcx... ;) good luck in your pcx quest.
arpiggies

Post by arpiggies »

Vagabondman is just holding out for the possibility of a 2014 PCX here in the states, and I for one don't blame him. I broke down and just got the 2013 model fully loaded with all OEM accessories installed. I could not be more pleased. Besides - Vagabondman has the best Avatar of all, so it's always a hoot to hear what he has to say.
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

you you wrote:
Mel46 wrote:Well, I think at 6'4" tall you will find the PCX a little cramped. If you decided to buy it any way you would definitely have to replace the seat, unless Honda ships us the 2014 version, which I kind of doubt since there are still 2013 versions in many showrooms and the prices have not gone down, which would have meant that the newer ones were about to be distributed here. The Forza is a nice bike, though I did not particularly like the seat....actually, I downright hated the seat. In any case, the Forza might be a better option just because it is larger. Of course, what do I know. I am average height, and I ride a Burgman 400, which is perfect because the back rest is moveable.

I'm 6'5". No two, four, eight ,ten wheeler will fit us

It doesn't make any difference and isn't worth worrying about

I suspect that if you've made 102 posts without buying a scooter, you probably never will
With all due respect dude...I donated a kidney to my brother last year. My priorities are elsewhere. I may have made 102 posts, but who are you to presume what I will and won't do? Seriously. You know nothing about me.
Last edited by Vagabondman on Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

arpiggies wrote:Vagabondman is just holding out for the possibility of a 2014 PCX here in the states, and I for one don't blame him. I broke down and just got the 2013 model fully loaded with all OEM accessories installed. I could not be more pleased. Besides - Vagabondman has the best Avatar of all, so it's always a hoot to hear what he has to say.
Thnx Arp. I appreciate that. Figured I'd wait a bit longer, but I too may break down & buy the 2013 too. And if I do, I am sure I will be just as pleased as you.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^^ Hmm....and I have a strong feeling you'll find one too! ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
PCX Dave

Post by PCX Dave »

Anyone find getting a test ride a hard thing to do even though a dealer may have a couple on the showroom floor? Over here in Melbourne, Australia a couple ofthe dealers I've been to seem to have the idea that people will buy without even a test ride. Hmmm.......
CaptnJim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by CaptnJim »

PCX Dave wrote:Anyone find getting a test ride a hard thing to do even though a dealer may have a couple on the showroom floor? Over here in Melbourne, Australia a couple ofthe dealers I've been to seem to have the idea that people will buy without even a test ride. Hmmm.......
Until buying these scoots last year, it had been 5 years since I bought a bike. We have bought plenty of motorcycles over the years, and never had an issue with a test ride. Until looking for scooters last year. The only dealer who offered us a test ride was a Genuine dealer. No Honda dealer we talked to would allow a test ride.
His & Hers Honda PCX 150s
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

PCX Dave wrote:Anyone find getting a test ride a hard thing to do even though a dealer may have a couple on the showroom floor? Over here in Melbourne, Australia a couple ofthe dealers I've been to seem to have the idea that people will buy without even a test ride. Hmmm.......
Its a cheap 125, it goes it stops, what more do you need to know?
I bought mine without a test ride.
Test rode the Forza but would have bought it anyway if there was no test available.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

Same thing with motorcycle helmets. Both places that didn't have the PCX in stock, had lots of helmets...so I figured I'd try some on to see which fit me best...and they wouldn't let me try them on!
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

You can't try on a helmet???? THAT is total lunacy!

No test rides around here, either. I got a chance to ride some little 125 during a break at the MSF course, and that ride sewed up my getting the PCX.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
PCX Dave

Post by PCX Dave »

Vagabondman wrote:
Same thing with motorcycle helmets. Both places that didn't have the PCX in stock, had lots of helmets...so I figured I'd try some on to see which fit me best...and they wouldn't let me try them on!

Wow I thought I had it bad with scooter but no trying on of helmets? That IS complete LUNACY!!! Over here the deal with some motorcycle and accessories stores is that once you buy and take a helmet off their premises, then there is no exchanges or refunds as any potential damage to the helmet may not be seen visibly on the outer shell and hence if it was dropped and then returned and another person bought that same one and had an accident, the previously 'damaged' helmet may not operate to the same protective capacity as when in its completely new and undamaged state. Now that I can appreciate but certainly not about the "no trying on helmets" thing o_O
PCX Dave

Post by PCX Dave »

gn2 wrote:
Its a cheap 125, it goes it stops, what more do you need to know?
I bought mine without a test ride.
Test rode the Forza but would have bought it anyway if there was no test available.
True about the Forza. I sat on it in the showroom and damn was that comfy. Problem was, I didn't have the cash for it as I hadn't planned for it anyway otherwise, yep, I would've bought it right away as I knew the seat height, seating position and knowing that the higher capacity would be more than enough for my needs. As for the test ride of the PCX, I was looking at the 150 version and had only previously briefly ridden a 150 non efi TGB Bullet scooter and was told that carby vs efi plus the seat height and general feel between the TGB and the Honda PCX was miles apart. So my desire for a test ride can only be seen as justified? Plus the price difference was nearly a grand between the two as well :|
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

I booked a test ride at a Honda dealer twice, but for many reasons inc. the tube strikes and work had to cancel both days before I could attend. I'd say a test ride is a good thing against just sitting on one - just sat on a Vision and PCX and found the PCX a bit wierd with the hump and the smaller vision was fine, but that may be due to reading so much about the 'hump' and what I then expected! Also, I took my CBT on a Honda Lead so liked the flat-floor type scooter and had great fun on the Lead 110.

But I'm going for a 2014 PCX with no test ride - hope at 6ft and 33" legs I find it comfortable to ride.

Any outlet that won't let you try on helmets is not worth doing business with! They may be shop-soiled, but tough - they should expect one of each to be for fitment reasons if it does not get sold).
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

iceman wrote:But I'm going for a 2014 PCX with no test ride - hope at 6ft and 33" legs I find it comfortable to ride.
I think you will find it comfortable enough, although my comfort increased considerably when I ditched the hump seat for an aftermarket one. I'm 6'1" with a 32" inseam.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

I never buy helmets online, even if they're cheaper, because fit varies so much by model and manufacturer. The only reason I pay more at the dealer is because I know it will fit.

Never heard of a dealer that wouldn't allow you to try on a helmet. Perhaps they got tired of people trying them on in the store to get the right size and then buying online. They wouldn't get my business, though.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

Yeah, he was kind of a dick. Wouldn't let me try on the shoei helmets. Said they were too high end, and customers wouldn't buy them if they were dirty. I just laughed. It wasn't like I had a mop of greasy hair. My head was buzzed, and I looked presentable.

Maybe he did think I was going to buy online. But still, that's no way to do business. I'm still looking for that perfect motorcycle store. I dig the way Revzilla runs their online store...but their showroom is in Philly.

I think there's a real market for a well run motorcycle apparel store in NY. Cause so far, they all kinda suck, with bad layouts, limited inventory, and are poorly run IMHO.