Do you think the fairings will help?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Do you think the fairings will help?

Post by MichRocks »

I like to feel smug knowing that the fairings on my bike can help keep me warmer in inclement weather.

Glad it is stored in the garage today, though. If I didn't, I think I would have to take an ice pick with me to help me get off the bike... o_O

What lucky guys are still riding in the US today?
Attachments
Jan614.jpg
Jan614.jpg (36.89 KiB) Viewed 1786 times
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Do you think the fairings will help?

Post by willajabir »

Just a bit warmer here, but I'll wait for it to warm just a smidgen.
I did ride 100 miles once at about 10 F and had a fairing on a cruiser. Hippora gloves.
Hands were in great pain...not as bad a kidney stones, but close.
So today my baby is getting a Lemon Pledge shine and she is enjoying it. (Me too)
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: https://postimg.cc/gallery/Y9JWhsg
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

Mitch,
in my smugness, I rode 365 miles Saturday. It was in the 40s when I left but I think the report said it was 33 when I returned that night 11pm.
I made leg guards that were slightly larger than the ones I posted before. I have the handlebar mits, but didn't use them. I only used my homemade hand guards.
When I stopped for fuel, I had 2 cruiser riders (they were in a cage) come over and chat with me. Of course I called them whimps for not riding :lol:
They just laughed and said "yep". I knew at that point I'd have to reply to this post!
I was being so smug, I inadvertently put the high(pumps in reverse order than at home) octane fuel in....lowered my mpg by 5 mpg for that tank full.
Wouldn't you know it, in the 60's now. Got wet today, first time, but was smiling and not wearing rain gear...woohoo.
2k miles in 2 months and I'm itching for it to warm up.
Larry

logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

It was 75 here today. It was snowing this time last week with ice everywhere. Forecasters predicting another ice storm next Thursday. I wish it would settle on something
ImageImage
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Ice coming here, too. Scoot in deep hibernation.
Chris S

Post by Chris S »

Hey MichRocks, How's it goin' eh? Did you recognize the accent? What a brutal winter here for us. It' my fault. If I had bought a snow mobile instead of a bike it probably wouldn't have snowed at all. LOL
One of the things I love most about we "Scootari" is the way we personalize our scoots. I think it goes back to the Vespa riding Mods in the 60's - I've never seen so many head lamps on a vehicle as pictures show of theirs. On the protection bit, I have a set of Hippo Hands (love the name). They mount on the handle bars and you put your hands right into them like an oven mitt or a Hippos' Hand. They work pretty good and they are well made. They make them for specific scoots (some are the same size.) I bought them for my BV500 and thy actually fit my Kymco 500 and now my Honda Forza. If your interested I'll dig out the link to the sight. There many other brands out there you could look into too. I can only wear them when it's below 50 deg. F. or my hands get too hot. You still need gloves though so your hands don't stick to the brake handles, like a lads tongue to a flag pole. Not to worry though Wednesday it's going to warm up for us. If you go out then for a spin don't forget to rinse it off after to get all the salt.

Cheers,
Chris.
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

It's getting better, eh?. (Trying to relate!! : D )

Yes!!! Temp zoomed up to 4.4C for much of the day!!! I now have a .6m x .6m black square of blacktop showing through the ice on one corner of my driveway. Enough room to 1) do a wheelie (if the bike could, which it can't), or 2) drop the side-stand with the front and back wheels in the snow- and not have it slip over and crunch. Or, I could stand there and dribble a basketball, or play a real short game of soccer...lots of outdoor activities are starting to come to mind!

sigh.
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

logepoge1 wrote:It was 75 here today. It was snowing this time last week with ice everywhere. Forecasters predicting another ice storm next Thursday. I wish it would settle on something
This is very similar to the weather we had in '93. The snow was a bit worse (deeper) and the ice storm that followed put down a lot of lines and trees..
Doesn't seem to be as bad this time.
Larry

MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

I really don't mind the snow, but yea, the ice, well, it really sucks. And it really puts down the power lines. I was in Maine when the big one came through Maine and Canada in 1998. Large metal power towers in twisted agony all over the landscape. The double whammy; cold inside, cold out. Forget riding, everything is hard to do, and the poor power line guys having to deal with it. Hope they get paid REALLY well!

Hope you are all staying warm. Ride Safe-
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Oh, willajabir-
Just noticed your link; don't know how I missed it before. Cool ride, cool area TO ride! Whose topcase? Also, really nice wind shields for the hands, legs.
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

Thanks Mich,
Topcase is Givi Simply 45 Monolock. I bought it for my 2005 Silverwing and have used it on 5 other bikes.
As far as the shields, I love to ride year round, but getting old and Arthur's family moved in...
So I compensate. I'd rather ride and look a little dorky than not ride at all.
As to your comment about line workers, they get paid well, but the DO earn it, not the least bit envious & am very thankful for them.
I'm guessing you are in dire need of Rx for cabin fever.
In my area, going for a ride is the prescribed(homeopathic?)therapy....
Larry

MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Chris S wrote:Hey MichRocks, How's it goin' eh? Did you recognize the accent? What a brutal winter here for us. It' my fault. If I had bought a snow mobile instead of a bike it probably wouldn't have snowed at all. LOL
One of the things I love most about we "Scootari" is the way we personalize our scoots. I think it goes back to the Vespa riding Mods in the 60's - I've never seen so many head lamps on a vehicle as pictures show of theirs. On the protection bit, I have a set of Hippo Hands (love the name). They mount on the handle bars and you put your hands right into them like an oven mitt or a Hippos' Hand. They work pretty good and they are well made. They make them for specific scoots (some are the same size.) I bought them for my BV500 and thy actually fit my Kymco 500 and now my Honda Forza. If your interested I'll dig out the link to the sight. There many other brands out there you could look into too. I can only wear them when it's below 50 deg. F. or my hands get too hot. You still need gloves though so your hands don't stick to the brake handles, like a lads tongue to a flag pole. Not to worry though Wednesday it's going to warm up for us. If you go out then for a spin don't forget to rinse it off after to get all the salt.

Cheers,
Chris.
Hey Chris;
Looks like the Polar Vortex is coming back, with a repeat of all the storms we have had so far. Would you just buy the damn snowmobile so we can get back to riding our scoots? :lol: