New Guy in Franklin, TN

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

JoshM
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 VStrom 650

New Guy in Franklin, TN

Post by JoshM »

Hey guys! Well, I don't own a PCX yet, but I'm going to look at one Saturday... for the 3rd time :D .
I'm still on the fence about the SH150i vs PCX150.

The local dealership quoted me $4100 OTD for the PCX, $3300 OTD for the SH150i.
The SH is a 2010 w/ 1100 miles, and the PCX is obviously new.

It's really going to come down to which I like to sit on better :lol:

I've had Piaggios and Vespas in the past, but there's just something about these 2 Hondas that have caught my attention.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: New Guy in Franklin, TN

Post by iceman »

I'm still not sure of the new style sh125i (new PCX engine and 2013 dash) or a PCX, but waiting on the 2014 new style PCX to be available before I get one. I thought the SH has more top end than the equivalent PCX (for 125, read 70 rather than mid 60mph) but not sure about that or the US 150's. Sharing the same enhanced engine, should be much easier getting to the valves than the PCX :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome (almost) to the Honda family of scoots & to the forums :)
So this is your third shot at seeing the PCX/&/SH150 hmm...are you over thinking this perhaps? Coming from the Piaggio family I'm thinking you like "step throughs." Well, you can swing a leg over or through to seat yourself on a PCX. If you like a flat floorboard and full step through the SH150 maybe the one. Both great scoots. Bet you know which one I'm voting for :D Btw, Piaggio scoots are very nice, they're just heavy and too costly to repair...and the seats are always so high! Dang! Good luck and Pick One This Trip...you'll be glad you did!! Psst!....(go PCX :D)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JoshM »

WhiteNoise wrote:Welcome (almost) to the Honda family of scoots & to the forums :)
So this is your third shot at seeing the PCX/&/SH150 hmm...are you over thinking this perhaps? Coming from the Piaggio family I'm thinking you like "step throughs." Well, you can swing a leg over or through to seat yourself on a PCX. If you like a flat floorboard and full step through the SH150 maybe the one. Both great scoots. Bet you know which one I'm voting for :D Btw, Piaggio scoots are very nice, they're just heavy and too costly to repair...and the seats are always so high! Dang! Good luck and Pick One This Trip...you'll be glad you did!! Psst!....(go PCX :D)
This will be the 3rd time seeing a PCX. They recently got in the SH so I will finally be able to see/sit side by side.
Although I love scooters, I've had, and still have, motorcycles. So swinging a leg up a little bit is no big deal. I liked the open floorboard of the Piaggios for extra foot positions, but it's not necessarily a deal breaker either way.

There will be a decision made this weekend. No "ifs", "ands", or "buts" about it!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Good! Cheers to your "go get 'em" attitude ;) Please share a pic of the..... "Chosen" one
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

There is something to be said for the forward foot rest portion at the top of the footboard. Nice for highway cruising.
Ratster
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Ratster »

JoshM wrote:Hey guys! Well, I don't own a PCX yet, but I'm going to look at one Saturday... for the 3rd time :D .
I'm still on the fence about the SH150i vs PCX150.

The local dealership quoted me $4100 OTD for the PCX, $3300 OTD for the SH150i.
The SH is a 2010 w/ 1100 miles, and the PCX is obviously new.

It's really going to come down to which I like to sit on better :lol:

I've had Piaggios and Vespas in the past, but there's just something about these 2 Hondas that have caught my attention.
If your interested in saving 400.00 on a Pcx call Chattanooga Power Sports. They had a red and black in stock.
cessna151
Regular User
Regular User

Post by cessna151 »

If your interested in saving 400.00 on a Pcx call Chattanooga Power Sports.
It really is worth checking around for a good price. I called several dealers and found one less than an hour away that didn't charge a freight fee and offered free delivery! I got my PCX delivered to my house for $3528!
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JoshM »

Ratster, thanks for the tip! :D

I found the $4100 price at a dealership a bit north of me. The local dealer came in at $4400 but said they'd price match the $4100.
I just emailed Chatt Power Sports for an OTD quote. I'm going to Chatt next weekend anyways, so it may work out for the best if they're price is even lower.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

We live in Marietta, Georgia. That is south of Chattanooga on Interstate 75 before you get into Atlanta. I have heard from several dealers here that people have come down from Tennessee to buy bikes and scooters because of the larger selection and fact that there are multiple dealers in our area. The point is, don't be afraid to look outside of your area, sometimes way out of your area. If you know someone with a vehicle that has a trailer hitch see if they will go with you to look for a scooter down this way. Then, after finding one you could rent a u-haul trailer and take it home.....or look for one, do the paperwork, and then get your friend to go with you to pick it up.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JoshM »

PCX150 on order for $3900 OTD!

The two stores in Chattanooga quoted $3800-ish and used that as leverage with the local dealership. He came down to $3900 flat OTD which I'm very happy with. I'd spend $100 in gas, food, etc driving to Chattanooga and back I'm sure.

Should be in my driveway by the end of the week! :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Great News Josh, and a sensible otd price! Color?? Now the hard part....."the Wait" :D
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (119.66 KiB) Viewed 2056 times
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JoshM »

It was tough deciding color, but I ended up going with black. My past two scoots have been red so I decided to mix things up a bit.
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JoshM »

It's in and ready to be picked up after work! If only I could find a way to get 5:00pm here faster...
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

JoshM wrote:It's in and ready to be picked up after work! If only I could find a way to get 5:00pm here faster...
Enjoy! :D
Ratster
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Ratster »

Congratulations...
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JoshM »

40ish miles on it so far!
Attachments
20140219_104204.jpg
20140219_104204.jpg (234.68 KiB) Viewed 1971 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thar (s)he is! Congrats! Now that didn't take long at all :P Enjoy and rider safe
Ratster
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Ratster »

Looks good!
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011

Post by maddiedog »

She's shiny! Congrats!

There's usually a few rallies up near you every year, I'll probably be at the Hill On Wheels rally this year if they host it again.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes