Decision between PCX and S-Wing

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Decision between PCX and S-Wing

Post by gn2 »

In the UK if its a new machine and you want to keep the warranty (two years for a Honda) its chiselled in stone.
Once the warranty expires though...
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
ben
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ben »

A used S-wing is 100% the way forwards, every time i see one i regret buying the PCX. The PCX is a very good bike but for UK weather and for practicality get an S-wing or a 125 SYM.

This thread is making me want to go shopping....
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

ben wrote:A used S-wing is 100% the way forwards, every time i see one i regret buying the PCX. The PCX is a very good bike but for UK weather and for practicality get an S-wing or a 125 SYM.

This thread is making me want to go shopping....
Thanks for your reply, it makes very interesting reading! I'm sorry that my posts and others are making you want to go shopping! Go on, treat yourself to turn nice shiny new bike! I think I am now leaning towards the S Wing rather than the PCX, despite the fact that I still think the S Wing is rather an ugly bike! I can get hold of a brand-new one for £3600 bur I would rather get a decent secondhand one but currently cannot find one locally!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Whereabouts are you roughly?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

gn2 wrote:Whereabouts are you roughly?
Oxfordshire! Of course, I have now seen a 2009 plate S Wing on motorcycle news which I may have a closer look at, It has only covered about 700 miles.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Me I would be wanting a newer one with ABS.
Here's a nice black one in Redhill http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikes ... =58.972334
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

gn2 wrote:Me I would be wanting a newer one with ABS.
Here's a nice black one in Redhill http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikes ... =58.972334
Great, thanks again for that. I am really getting that my knickers in a knot about the short interval times for any 125cc scooter! I think I really have to bite the bullet and either wait for a second hand Forza or buy a brand-new one now and worry about the cost later!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Ah decisions decisions...
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

....... But then the difference in purchase price, i.e. £1000 give or take, it may be best to go for a 125 in the end anyway as that £1000 difference in purchase price would equate to about 4 years worth of servicing a 125! Does that make sense? Goodness this is such a nightmare, why can't life be simple?
ericpcx
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ericpcx »

A mate of mine had the S-Wing, he had such a lot of problems with it that he has stopped ridding all together. he only got 90mpg compared to my 120mpg with my PCX
toria wrote:I hope you guys can help me? I am in a quandary and cannot decide whether to get the PCX or the S-Wing. I know what they look like, they're both 125cc etc and of course the S-Wing is bigger with better weather protection etc.. and of course costs more. Does anyone know how they differ in terms of fuel economy and presence on the road. Presumably bigger bikes have a better presence on the road but its not the prettiest of bikes but the PCX looks v. funky! In the past, I have had bikes ranging from the Suzuki Burgman 125 right up to the Suzuki Burgman 650 executive, the latter of which I found far too heavy and cumbersome! Any feedback gratefully received. If it helps, I'm a late 40s female from the UK with, sadly not a particularly small frame but at the same time, not quite the size of a house! :lol:
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

toria wrote:
Great, thanks again for that. I am really getting that my knickers in a knot about the short interval times for any 125cc scooter! I think I really have to bite the bullet and either wait for a second hand Forza or buy a brand-new one now and worry about the cost later!
I wouldn't worry too much about the 2,500 mile service intervals on the pcx. They are only suggestions. Take care of your pcx. Change the oil. By all means. But I know several pcx riders who haven't had an issue with their valves let alone checked them after the initial checkup...and they're well over 20,000 miles now.
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

Vagabondman wrote:
toria wrote:
I wouldn't worry too much about the 2,500 mile service intervals on the pcx. They are only suggestions. Take care of your pcx. Change the oil. By all means. But I know several pcx riders who haven't had an issue with their valves let alone checked them after the initial checkup...and they're well over 20,000 miles now.
thank you for that, but I wouldn't know how to change the oil being a pathetic female!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

toria wrote:thank you for that, but I wouldn't know how to change the oil being a pathetic female!
Its real simple, you does use your boobs.
Men can be utterly mesmerised by them and easily persuaded to do just about anything for you.
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

gn2 wrote:
toria wrote:thank you for that, but I wouldn't know how to change the oil being a pathetic female!
Its real simple, you does use your boobs.
Men can be utterly mesmerised by them and easily persuaded to do just about anything for you.

I think that's rather sexist and unnecessary.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

I think its a fact.
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

Crossing the line, being disrespectful. You're lucky maddiedog isn't watching, he'd be all over you!!
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

strkngfang wrote:Crossing the line, being disrespectful. You're lucky maddiedog isn't watching, he'd be all over you!!
Who's being disrespectful? I hope that's not aimed at me?! Who is maddiedog?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

strkngfang wrote:Crossing the line, being disrespectful. You're lucky maddiedog isn't watching, he'd be all over you!!
No I don't think so, all that has happened is that an attempt at humor has been misinterpreted.
It was not me who introduced sexual stereotype into this thread, toria describes herself as a "pathetic female" and unable to perform simple maintenance tasks as a result.
This is simply errant nonsense, ridiculous if you will.
That's the joke.

There is absolutely no reason why toria cannot learn how to look after basic maintenance of a scooter for herself and many here would be more than happy to give the support and guidance for her to learn.
But she has to want to.
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

gn2 wrote:
No I don't think so, all that has happened is that an attempt at humor has been misinterpreted.
It was not me who introduced sexual stereotype into this thread, toria describes herself as a "pathetic female" and unable to perform simple maintenance tasks as a result.
This is simply errant nonsense, ridiculous if you will.
That's the joke.

There is absolutely no reason why toria cannot learn how to look after basic maintenance of a scooter for herself and many here would be more than happy to give the support and guidance for her to learn.
But she has to want to.

Thanks for that strkngfang! I'm the first one to enjoy humour but thought that particular post was a LITTLE near to the knuckle - especially in such an open forum! I'm the first one to completely take the you know what out of myself and others and I'm no prude I can assure you!! In fact, my language and thoughts can be very blue at times!!

I'm sure I could learn to service my own bike but certainly within the first 24 months, I'd want to 'do it' by the book to ensure the warranty remains valid. There is a mechanic near to me that sounds fab and I guess a lot cheaper than a Honda dealer.

Thank you for your kind offer of help and guidance! I will most probably take you up on this at some point - that is if I ever actually make a final decision and purchase the PCX!!! Thanks again to you and everyone else on the forum - your help, advice and comments are really appreciated.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

toria, Hi! go on, talk yourself into getting a PCX, you'll really enjoy it, & it's light hearthearted ways! You'll also have access to mucho help and advice here on the forum(s) along your travels ;) You're Not really a pathetic female are you? I'm thinking not. Give yourself more credit. You can turn a wrench I bet, as good as the rest. gn2's response wasn't meant badly, a Bit off perhaps. He just meant that women can get a lot done for them by just "being who they are." Boobs are just part of the package that get men's attention & in turn helps you get things done :D Okay, no harping or need to go on about boobs. Not a sex forum. Please, don't let one comment sway ya... this bike is truly Great, believe us! ;) :P Oh, btw maddiedog (dave) Is our forum owner :) and a Nice guy, he is!!

gn2....hmmm
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You