So... About that weight Limit...

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

So... About that weight Limit...

Post by GeorgeSK »

I was thumbing through my manual and came across the little note saying that the max weight capacity was 348 lb (158 kg, page 110). I run around 200 lb. I've been married long enough not to ask the obvious question, but I rather expect that we exceed 348 lb. by 30 or so. My question is will I just pay a penalty of top end or milage, or is there a possibility of overloading the rear shocks and actually damaging my new baby?
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Re: So... About that weight Limit...

Post by strkngfang »

I was shocked how low it was? My wife & I used to ride "two up" on our former Elite 110 & it weighed 40 lbs less than my PCX. I could still hit 50 mph & got around 90mpg average. I can't remember what that weight limit was but we are probably right around 340 or so. We each have our own PCX so we've never tested its passenger abilities.
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
scisor34
Regular User
Regular User

Post by scisor34 »

You'll be absolutely fine with no worries of damaging your PCX. Almost all warnings are lawyer related, as preventative legal mumbo jumbo not to be liable. If you're an inexperienced rider, be careful because an "uncooperative" passenger on such a light bike can be dangerous.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

I've ridden 100 Lb over that limit with a pillion and tools on my rack and under the seat. Just avoid potholes but the pcx handles fine.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Two up, me and the Mrs. are about 25 lbs (10 kilos) over the limit. I also regularly have a coworker on the back when we go for lunch, and that puts us about 55-60 lbs over (25-27 kilos) over (before lunch ;)). Occasionally the shocks bottom out if I go over a speed bump too quick. As well, with my coworker on, the front wheel feels lightl, so I try not to go into traffic too much or go much above 30 mph (50kmh).
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(