"Solo M/C" parking - can I park in it all the time?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

EmilyJEG
Regular User
Regular User

"Solo M/C" parking - can I park in it all the time?

Post by EmilyJEG »

I'm still having trouble with my insurance. There are a few policies that I can just about afford, but I want to confirm they are completely accurate before choosing them (on some websites there is no option for parking away from home, but others have a section for that). One of the options is "on the road", and as gn2 told me before, this can sometimes actually work out cheaper than parking it in a "locked compound" (we pay £60 for that at the moment but it's half a mile away and as a result we don't often use our scooters). Most of our road is taken up by car parking spaces but the "Solo M/C" area, which is a few metres wide, is about 40 metres away from our flat and is free to park in. It has a rail to chain scooters onto and often has several scooters and bikes parked in it. I know it would be really selfish to park there permanently, but is it allowed or am I breaking the 'rules'?

I so wish we could use the yard where the bins are, but apparently that belongs to the shops at the back of us and the people 'in charge' have simply refused to allow it (I even offered to pay them!) :( Realistically I'll probably try to keep it in the compound, but I'm curious about the on road parking and whether it's an option.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: "Solo M/C" parking - can I park in it all the time?

Post by you you »

EmilyJEG wrote:I'm still having trouble with my insurance. There are a few policies that I can just about afford, but I want to confirm they are completely accurate before choosing them (on some websites there is no option for parking away from home, but others have a section for that). One of the options is "on the road", and as gn2 told me before, this can sometimes actually work out cheaper than parking it in a "locked compound" (we pay £60 for that at the moment but it's half a mile away and as a result we don't often use our scooters). Most of our road is taken up by car parking spaces but the "Solo M/C" area, which is a few metres wide, is about 40 metres away from our flat and is free to park in. It has a rail to chain scooters onto and often has several scooters and bikes parked in it. I know it would be really selfish to park there permanently, but is it allowed or am I breaking the 'rules'?

I so wish we could use the yard where the bins are, but apparently that belongs to the shops at the back of us and the people 'in charge' have simply refused to allow it (I even offered to pay them!) :( Realistically I'll probably try to keep it in the compound, but I'm curious about the on road parking and whether it's an option.

Just park in the motorcycle area like everyone else does. First come first served

You can often get away with parking a scooter on the pavement if you do it sensibly
Theboybilly
Regular User
Regular User

Re: "Solo M/C" parking - can I park in it all the time?

Post by Theboybilly »

If there are no time restrictions posted you are free to park as long as you need. If I had issues with parking I would have a good look at my neighbourhood and fellow residents: are there folk with space on their property willing to let you park your PCX? I had an elderly neighbour who let me have the use of her garage (no car, just washing machine and freezer in there) It worked for quite a while and all I did was buy her an occasional gift....she was lovely. Just ask around, it's worth a punt.

Bill
Image[/URL