New PCX150 purchase

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Shar Tahl

New PCX150 purchase

Post by Shar Tahl »

Just bought a PCX150 last week and started riding it Monday after I got my license endorsement. It is a lot of fun driving! Still need to get a windscreen. For my first oil change between 500 and 600 miles, is it best to have that done at a dealership? Wondering now since this is now my primary work transportation and I will hit that in a couple weeks.
cessna151
Regular User
Regular User

Re: New PCX150 purchase

Post by cessna151 »

Where ever you take it, make sure they use the correct oil. My local dealer used the wrong oil, didn't tell me, and my mpg suffered. HP4M 10w30 is the recommended oil.
former50cc
Regular User
Regular User

Post by former50cc »

I'm taking my daughter to motorcycle school so she can get her endorsement. She wants to borrow my new PCX.
Part of the reason we recently bought the PCX 150 is that we are a family of four licensed drivers. The teenagers constantly want to borrow the car. We just have the pickup truck and my wife's Saab. My wife and I had been doing shopping errands and going to local business meetings on our old 50cc scooter, but I knew the underpowered nature of that thing would actually be less safe for my kids than something that could keep up with traffic.
So, unfortunately, soon my daughter will be wanting to take the PCX to go visit friends, to her summer job, and to guitar lessons and gigs. I might have to get another PCX for myself!
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

Shar Tahl wrote: For my first oil change between 500 and 600 miles, is it best to have that done at a dealership? Wondering now since this is now my primary work transportation and I will hit that in a couple weeks.
You can certainly do the oil change yourself if you can follow this guide:
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by Indyglow »

Welcome! I got my first service done at the dealership. They did more than just change the oil.