2012 PCX150 prestige Black/Red parts

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

elalemm

2012 PCX150 prestige Black/Red parts

Post by elalemm »

Yesterday, I had my first accident on my 2012 Honda PCX 150 eSP and would like to bye some body parts to fix it up.
My biggest challenge has been to find the right colors of black and red as my scooter is similar to the posted photos.
Would someone help me find an online website for my parts with the right color incidentally. i would be buying them online and shipping them out to either the UK or USA which ever is easier.
Thanks and i hope to be back on the road soon :roll:

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: 2012 PCX150 prestige Black/Red parts

Post by you you »

What do you mean first!!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Where are you posting from? I have a 2013 PCX 150 and had to buy a new bodypart. It is red. I heard from several people that the 2013 red is different from the 2011 red, but it isn't. I ordered my replacement parts from bikebandit.com and when they came in I couldn't tell the difference in the color between the 2013 and 2011. Prices were cheap. but if you are going to have them sent to the UK there might be extra charges for import. I think someone on this forum mentioned additional charges, so you might refer to that post.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
elalemm

Post by elalemm »

Hi Mel, I appreciate your reply to my inquiry. Attached a couple of photos with the actual colors and damage. I would be happy to purchase the parts online. I am actually residing in Libya and bought my PCX 150 scooter that is made in Thailand. When i mentioned the 2 places i could receive the parts at, its because I have 2 addresses (one in the US and another in the UK) that i use for free shipping with a courier service.
Any assistance to find an online seller of parts would be a great help.
All the best to u!
Attachments
photo(4).JPG
photo(4).JPG (131.38 KiB) Viewed 3540 times
photo(3).JPG
photo(3).JPG (121.88 KiB) Viewed 3540 times
photo(2).JPG
photo(2).JPG (128.69 KiB) Viewed 3540 times
tenpastnine

Post by tenpastnine »

japan.webike.co.uk sell panels but there expensive and you may have to pay tax depending where you live.

How did you do that? looks bad!
Hope your okay!
elalemm

Post by elalemm »

Well thank you for your concern firstly.
It was quite easy. Was over taking while a car on the highway. The car i overtook stopped to give way to another car that was crossing thru. We met half way and head to head because he didnt notice me till it was too late. Fortunately he wasnt going too fast and i tried my best to stop till i had to let go of my scooter and jump away from the metal collision. I made it out with a minor trauma to my right foot luckily!
Feeling better after some anti-inflamatory medicine today.
So the motto of the story is...
Take care
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Wow, that was some accident. I am glad to hear that you are OK. What is the color code under your seat. Ours is R340C which is Candy Rosy Red. That code is your key. Compare prices for a single part between the places we have given you. Hopefully these sites will help. I have found that some parts are cheaper at one site while other parts are cheaper at another. Pick and choose and you could come out cheaper than you thought you could.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

elalemm

Post by elalemm »

Hi Mel thanks for you precious input. I did find under the seat the label for several important things. The R340 is there but has no "C" just R-B near it. Is there somewhere else I could look for the color code? I have the frame no, engine no, and model code and name now. Do any if those help? All the best to u once again.
elalemm

Post by elalemm »

Hi Mel, attached is the photo of the info I found thanks to u.
elalemm

Post by elalemm »

Attached now
Attachments
PCX Model Codes.JPG
PCX Model Codes.JPG (128.62 KiB) Viewed 3459 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Those decals look like they were on the seat underside. Stand on the left side, open the seat and look on the right hand side toward the back, on the wall of the storage compartment. You should see something like the attached. I don't know if this is for export purposes or not. R-340 is Red but I think the 'C' represents the 'Candy' in the formula. Thus, R-340C is Candy Rosy Red. I got this from a website somewhere. In any case the R-340 is the code, but I don't know what that means either. I can say though that the following website shows R-340C replacement parts as Candy Rosy Red.
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/honda- ... r1sh278cl3
I hope this helps. I don't know how to make the link an active link.
PCX150 color code2.jpg
PCX150 color code2.jpg (78.95 KiB) Viewed 3447 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

To keep the How-To forum clean per the guidelines here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=762, I am moving this thread to the General subforum. :)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
qcpcx
Color: red

Post by qcpcx »

I am new to the forum and found this helpful. In combination with another post, it seems that some people will simply purchase new panels rather than trying to repair the damage. Since the repair paints are probably 1-component chemistry, I am guessing that they would fade in the sunlight if the repair area was more than a spot fixing activity. Are there general preferences for when to replace the plastics instead of touching them up? I am sure it is a cost vs. quality preference but I was curious how others have handled it for panels that are scratched up but not broken.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

That depends on how obvious the scratch is and how you feel about your bike. Some people are happy to drive/ride any vehicle they own into the ground, and then throw them away. Others take a great deal of pride in ownership. No other individual can determine how you yourself feel about your property.

I saw a PCX like mine recently that looked like it had gone through a battle. In reality the owner just did not care one way or the other about its looks as long as it ran and could get him from home to work and back. Pride in ownership is a personal thing.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Well....there's always stickers/decals to cover those nicks, scraps n scratches.
In these situations I guess One sticker just wasn't enough.
They call these treatments "sticker bombing" :D and "vinyl overlay, skins?" 8) hmm, Not sure.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (80.86 KiB) Viewed 1479 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (148.12 KiB) Viewed 1479 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

qcpcx wrote:I am new to the forum and found this helpful. In combination with another post, it seems that some people will simply purchase new panels rather than trying to repair the damage. Since the repair paints are probably 1-component chemistry, I am guessing that they would fade in the sunlight if the repair area was more than a spot fixing activity. Are there general preferences for when to replace the plastics instead of touching them up? I am sure it is a cost vs. quality preference but I was curious how others have handled it for panels that are scratched up but not broken.
If you look at some of the plastic prices on partsZila for the Honda scooters, they are fairly inexpensive. Inexpensive enough that I wouldn't mess with trying to color match the paint. I have the white which is a pearl, which means it's a few different coats of different paints, and a bit hard to match. I like my bikes to be in good shape, therefore I would not like looking at a bike that had a panel that was obviously a mismatch. That being said, maybe the lower pieces underneath the floorboards, I might attempt to sand, fill and paint, But certainly not a top piece.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

In some cases it is not possible to easily locate replacement panels of an obscure color, so it becomes worthwhile to either sand and paint the existing panels, or purchase a whole new set of panels of a different color. Either choice may be close to the same cost in the end.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150