New member from Utah

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

PKrellner
Regular User
Regular User

New member from Utah

Post by PKrellner »

:) Just got on the forum today. I'm planning on buying a PCX 150 next month. I've done a lot of research on them but wondered if anyone on this forum could provide any advice and accessories you consider to be essential. Thought I'd buy it, ride it a while and get used to the experience and then add accessories. Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated. The cost quoted to me was $3500 new and it'll be red.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

New member from Utah

Post by Alibally »

Hello, and welcome. The first thing I got was a clock. I got it from http://www.clocks4bikes.com . You would need a 7/8 inch one. The service is great. I am in the UK and they sent it quickly so if your in the US then it should be no problem. I also fitted a power socket in the storage compartment in the front. Ideal for charging phones or powering a sat nav if you need one. There a few people on the forum dismiss the tuning parts as its a bit of a grey area whether they make much difference or not but I think a screen can help to keep the wind off . I like the look of the bike with the standard one better.
rex0122

Re: New member from Utah

Post by rex0122 »

Be ready for a bunch of set-up fees and taxes. $3500.00 is the "in the door price", to get you in the door, the "out the door" price will be much different. I bought mine in Vegas and had sticker shock when I reached for my checkbook.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

The one thing that I think you will find that you will need to fix or replace right away will be the seat. It looks nice but if you plan on doing any riding for any length of time the seat will get to you. Also, the replacement windshield will end up being a must have after awhile. You will want to enjoy your experience and I think those two items will make your time with your PCX much more enjoyable.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

New member from Utah

Post by Alibally »

The issue with the seat is only really a problem if you are tall. I am 6ft and I still have the seat hump on but I did elongate the holes and moved it back about 1/2 an inch. That doesn't sound a lot but it makes a difference.
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by Indyglow »

Hi and welcome! Your original plan is best. Get it, ride it a while, then decide what you want to add. I'm 5'3" so getting the seat-to-ground height lowered was important to me. I got a Givi windshield but it causes a lot of wind noise and buffeting at the top of my helmet, so I can't really say it was worth it. Eventually I'll get a clock but for now I have a wristwatch velcroed to the handlebar. By the way, I didn't have to pay freight or set up fees when I bought my PCX, I think that kind of depends on your dealer or what part of the country you're in.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

We bought a Givi windscreen also and my wife complained about the wind so I added a piece of plexiglass to the top of the Givi windscreen. That solved the problem. I don't know how to link you to pictures I posted of my experiment so I will just add it again here. Our addition is over 10 inches but you may not need that much. Still, it helped her and she is only 5' even. Believe me, no one notices it when you are riding. It is almost invisible.
Notice the new height.JPG
Notice the new height.JPG (166.23 KiB) Viewed 931 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers