Help - Wanting to Trike a PCX 125

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Hepworthgc68
Year: 2016
Color: Bronze

Help - Wanting to Trike a PCX 125

Post by Hepworthgc68 »

Hi all, my name is Gary and I just became the proud owner of a pcx 125. The only problem is I’m in a wheelchair and as you all know the normal set up for a scooter is two wheels, I got to thinking that there must be a way to make it into a trike, anyway I found this site and lo and behold I saw that it could be done, the only thing is that I’ve no idea where I would purchase such a kit, so my questions are where would I get one? are they expensive and how long do they take to arrive from wherever you bought it from? I realise that the questions asked are a bit vague, but as I’m new here I thought I might be given some slack for possibly asking questions that seem a little bit odd to some people! Anyway, as I’m rambling on I might as well tell you all something about myself, I’m 52 and the reason I’m in a wheelchair is because when I was in the RAF I had a nasty car accident,(I was in the back seat) and subsequently spent a year in hospital. When I recovered from what were life threatening injuries I found that I could no longer ride a bike, I had a couple before I had the accident, and thought that the kind of kit needed to change a bike to a trike were to expensive, that was several years ago and I didn’t bother looking any further until recently when I found that it could be done at a fraction of the cost, and here I am talking to you fine people! I hope that I haven’t bored any of you too much, my wife says I go on a bit, but if any of you can help me find the name and address of a company, or person that can make a kit to make my new bike a trike I would be eternally grateful!!😀 hope to hear from someone soon, Gary
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Help - Wanting to Trike a PCX 125

Post by Mel46 »

There have been multiple riders on this forum who have triked their PCX, so it can be done. However, I am not sure if the trike kit companies make one for the smaller scooters. That doesn't mean that they don't though. You could google it. They do have PCX trikes in Thailand, and I recall a member in the UK trying to set up import of some kits from there to the UK. I wish I could recall the member's name.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers