Question regarding smartkey system

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Question regarding smartkey system

Post by you you »

op3l wrote:
Gil wrote:Maybe you are leaving the key close to the scooter and that might be activating it? Wrap the key fob in aluminum, so that it wont connect, maybe?
That's impossible. I live in an apartment complex on the 8th floor. There's 8 floors worth of concrete and steel between key fob and bike and no direct view of the bike.

It is possible I turned the alarm on and that slowly drained the battery over the course of now that I think of it almost a month. I'll make sure to turn the system off next time I leave it sitting and will update back to see if it's all normal.

If it was a month then any “battery” will be marginal at that point.
op3l
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by op3l »

you you wrote:
op3l wrote:
Gil wrote:Maybe you are leaving the key close to the scooter and that might be activating it? Wrap the key fob in aluminum, so that it wont connect, maybe?
That's impossible. I live in an apartment complex on the 8th floor. There's 8 floors worth of concrete and steel between key fob and bike and no direct view of the bike.

It is possible I turned the alarm on and that slowly drained the battery over the course of now that I think of it almost a month. I'll make sure to turn the system off next time I leave it sitting and will update back to see if it's all normal.

My other scooter is a carburetor scooter and that had no problems with the battery. So i guess the new fuel injected scooters have some system that uses electricity huh?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

op3l wrote:
you you wrote:

My other scooter is a carburetor scooter and that had no problems with the battery. So i guess the new fuel injected scooters have some system that uses electricity huh?

General rule of thumb for lead acid accumulators is that they naturally lose 1% of charge per day and need around 70% to start a vehicle. Therefore after a month they are on the limit.
pcx888
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: pearl white

Post by pcx888 »

you you wrote:
op3l wrote:
you you wrote: thats why I switch to lipo battery. Never failed me yet.

General rule of thumb for lead acid accumulators is that they naturally lose 1% of charge per day and need around 70% to start a vehicle. Therefore after a month they are on the limit.
2011 White PCX
Michelin Tire City Grip Front and Rear
Aftermarket Thai Seat.
JDM Front lights and Rear Lights and Fender.
NCY Variator, And Face and 13 Dr. pulley sliders.
Rear NCY 1000 contra spring.
NCY Textured clutch bell.