Initial Review Video - UK - 2018 PCX 125

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

jrewillis
Year: 2019
Color: Red

Initial Review Video - UK - 2018 PCX 125

Post by jrewillis »

Hi people.

I've recently made a video about the PCX 2018 version. It's difficult to find videos about the 125 from a UK Spec on YouTube

If anyone wants to check it out the link is here:
https://youtu.be/GhdAhugDZRw

Hope it's helpful to someone new looking at buying a PCX.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Initial Review Video - UK - 2018 PCX 125

Post by gn2 »

Nice video, good to see the improvements from the one I bought way back in 2010.
First and most important change over previous models, the brakes.
Because of the adoption of front ABS there is no requirement to fit a combined system.
The brakes are now fully independent, ABS only functions on the front wheel.
Top speed is improved, mine only ever got as far as 67mph indicated.
Fuel tank is bigger, fuel economy is better, seat is humpless, underseat storage looks slightly bigger.
Power socket good, digital dash is very nice. (presume it has a clock?)
Service interval is longer.
Overall its a much better machine than the 2010 original.

If you fit a quick release clip to your keys, put the ignition key on that so when you ride scooter the rest of your keys can go in the cubby hole or your pocket.
That way you don't mark the area around the ignition and there's no weight pulling on the ignition switch.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Found this one, Hungarian, but excellent English commentary.
Gives a lot of useful detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkbOXmXYbB0
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Must say, if that new model PCX was 200cc and 18-20hp I would 100% for definite be having one.
cnikonpete
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by cnikonpete »

Enjoyed your video, probably been pointed out that it doesn’t have combined brakes, otherwise nice introduction to a fantastic bike.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

I thought the new UK PCX's came with keyless ignition (which I am not too keen on to be honest) but it seems UK ones do, PCX 125's in other countries and PCX150's / Forza 125's do come with keyless ignition.
jrewillis

Post by jrewillis »

iceman wrote:I thought the new UK PCX's came with keyless ignition (which I am not too keen on to be honest) but it seems UK ones do, PCX 125's in other countries and PCX150's / Forza 125's do come with keyless ignition.
No keyless on UK PCX. Forza has it in UK.

TBH I'd rather it not have keyless. Most modern keyless cars can be stolen in less than 30 seconds without physical access to the key.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

A "Quick Stop!"
Just to say....Very Cool!
(but, I'll be back with more) :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

See how fast! :lol:
Very nice introduction to the 2018 UK PCX 125 - Thank you. Perhaps this will be the "push" one needs to "get off the fence" (as they say) to purchase one. What a beauty yours is. No hiding it, you love your New ride. I see personalization added, a few accessories here 'n there. Good for you!! 8)
But do take care of dangling keys. Member gn2 is right in what he said above.
~ Happy Trails ~

I hope you don't mind, I added a few words to your threads title. I'll now be moving it over to our forums Gallery where we hope it gets more exposure. Folks love pics, and videos are like Special treats!
Off it goes then :D ...Ride along
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
jrewillis

Post by jrewillis »

WhiteNoise wrote:See how fast! :lol:
Very nice introduction to the 2018 UK PCX 125 - Thank you. Perhaps this will be the "push" one needs to "get off the fence" (as they say) to purchase one. What a beauty yours is. No hiding it, you love your New ride. I see personalization added, a few accessories here 'n there. Good for you!! 8)
But do take care of dangling keys. Member gn2 is right in what he said above.
~ Happy Trails ~

I hope you don't mind, I added a few words to your threads title. I'll now be moving it over to our forums Gallery where we hope it gets more exposure. Folks love pics, and videos are like Special treats!
Off it goes then :D ...Ride along
Thanks WN - I've just made a ride along video too - so I'll post it into the right section this time :)

Thanks for the comments - she is a beauty - it's like the joy of driving all over again!
dick the den
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: white

Post by dick the den »

iceman wrote:I thought the new UK PCX's came with keyless ignition (which I am not too keen on to be honest) but it seems UK ones do, PCX 125's in other countries and PCX150's / Forza 125's do come with keyless ignition.
The sh125i now is keyless which I don't like mine still has a key,so a new one is no but may be the Honda sh 125 mode.