New 2019 PCX rider first thoughts.

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Heathergirl01
Year: 2019
Color: bronze

New 2019 PCX rider first thoughts.

Post by Heathergirl01 »

Hi Honda PCX Forum Folks,

Just wanted to post as an owner of a new 2019 PCX 150. Got just under 200 miles over the last 2 weeks. I do love this machine. I had a Yamaha Zuma 50F for 4 years. First time ever riding a two wheeler with the Yammy. What fun! But I soon, of course, wanted more power! The PCX has given me that. I am 6'2" 230 lbs 65 year old and can cruise at 50-55 okay. Only been doing that for short distances and time until engine is totally broke in. I am expecting a little more when all broke in (300 miles I think manual says). I get up to 45 MPH before I know it (faster than the Yammy ever) and have to watch it because the local police have little to do but speed trap in my town.

I sat on an SMAX and then the PCX before buying. Both seats didn't seem to fit me well. The SMAX had a flat foot kind of platform and no where to put my feet up like the Zuma did. Felt restricting. The PCX has "foot ramps" where you can put your feet against while riding as did my Zuma. Also, the PCX has a center column. I thought I might not like that but then the Zuma (my 2013) had a center column where the fuel fill is located. So, the PCX seemed like home in that regard and still does.

But the seat was going to be an issue. The dip location (or hump on earlier models) fell right where I would like to sit. So, I researched before buying the PCX and found Cheeky Seats (see my post under seat suggestions for pics). So, I ordered a custom seat cover before taking delivery and decided to try adding some padding in addition to that which comes built-in with the seat. This week I finally got the tweak just about right by trimming my extra padding down, and actually around, the dip transition. Now I can sit over the dip/hump point and it feels pretty good, or slide back to the passenger spot (I added a little flat padding there too), or scoot forward on the seat where there is ample padding. I think that when all of the stock seat and padding break in, even more, I will have a seat I can stay comfortable on for some time. The Zuma seat wasn't the most comfortable after a long ride anyway. So, maybe none are. I double-stick taped my extra padding in place to the seat cover only thinking this would keep it from moving between the seat cover and stock seat but allow me to remove the seat cover and padding together, if ever need. Seems to work.

In any case, love the get up and go (55 MPH tops is fine with me), and just about everything else. Never owned a vehicle that didn't require some compromise.

Thanks for reading. Hope it helps,

Heathergirl
Attachments
PCX seat 1.jpg
PCX seat 1.jpg (117.08 KiB) Viewed 452 times
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Re: New 2019 PCX rider first thoughts.

Post by springer1 »

Nice going with the seat cover! Ride safe.
LiveToRide19
Year: 2019
Color: Bronze

Post by LiveToRide19 »

Congrats and nice seat cover. BTW, I purchased mine (also a 2019) used at a dealer an hour and a half away from me, and had to ride it back on the highway. I was able to top 72mph at certain times even with winds in the 14-15mph range. BTW, I weigh about 120 lbs so that may also be another factor.

I'm super stoked with this bike though.
2019 Honda PCX 150 Bronze purchased used with only 54 miles on the clock.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Congrats and good luck with that new seat cover. :D

Sounds like a serious effort to get that comfort level just where you want it with the additional padding too. :geek: