Acts of kindness....

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Acts of kindness....

Post by fish »

Maybe it's just the Xmas season - but have witnessed several acts of kindness this past week.
A couple more yesterday while on a forced march with my daughter (she calls it Xmas shopping at the mall).
Just people going out of their way to help a stranger.
My coffee village displays an over-the-road banner, year around. Currently it is asking folks to Pay It Forward.
Sort of related: 24°F this morning while out in my Ford Silverado...and had a HD follow me through town. At a stop light I rolled down my truck window, caught the rider's eye, and gave him a big Thumb's Up for braving the cold. Big burly bearded tough looking guy (aren't they all?)...he laughed, shook his head and acknowledged my atta-boy.
I like this time of year.
Fish
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Acts of kindness....

Post by Mel46 »

I must be in the wrong part of town. Where we live the drivers are getting so rude that the accident rate has skyrocketed. I see some obviously affluent shoppers rudely demanding that shop personnel "check in back" to see if They Had some item that they have already been told that the store does not stock. Then, after hearing that there are none in the back, they rudely shove past the personnel and head for the door, not even saying excuse me to shoppers they push out of their way.

Interestingly enough, the people who have been the most considerate around here are NOT Christians, and yet we have more churches per square mile than most cities and towns in the northern part of the United States.

Yes, 'tis the season... If only people remembered what it is suppose to be the season for.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Each life is important. . .each life effects others. . .lest we forget! :D

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Old Grinner wrote:Each life is important. . .each life effects others. . .lest we forget! :D

I’m so looking forward to watching it’s a wonderful life...
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Very good point Mel..Many so called Christians are not Saintly..
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Warning: Big rant!

Today was a first for what we saw. Some restaurants have quite large handicap parking spaces, some even able to accommodate wheel chairs on both sides of the car.

We decided to eat out today and we went to one of those places with the large Handicap parking spaces. I am handicap, though some people may not notice it right away. I have a Handicap license plate.

When we arrived there were two Handicap spaces available. Darned if an individual with a new Acura SUV didn't park so as to take up BOTH parking spaces! Then he helped an older individual out of the passenger side (looked like his mother) and they went right into the restaurant, as though no one else was as important as they were. To me the driver, by his actions, was saying that his mother was more important than any other handicapped individual, and because of that, he had more rights than anyone else!

Did he do this to allow her more than adequate room to exit the vehicle, or did he do this because he didn't want his new car scratched? Neither excuse was an adequate excuse! He could have stopped at the entrance, helped her out and then parked the car elsewhere. In reality though, there was enough space for him to have parked in a single space and both excuses would have been satisfied due to the size of the spaces (one Handicap space had a sign that said Van Parking.)

I told my wife that I wish we had friends close by that we could call so that we could park a car on each side of that Jerk! Instead we had to park in a space (the only one available on the front side of the restaurant) in which I had to try to turn sideways while standing as I exited the car, thus wrenching my back (keep in mind that I have had 12 back surgeries for a Service related injury). Some days it is difficult for me to walk. Other days I am fine. Backs are fickle.

I am pretty sure that Jerk didn't care. If I park in a Handicap space and I see another handicap individual pull in who will need help, I ask if I can help. I certainly don't block him from accessing the parking space!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

So did you have a word with the guy, or the restaurant.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Just can't get no respect. . .. :lol:

Hope you feel better Mel. . .back disorders are slow to mend. . .rest up, we've still got a ways to go til Spring, and you'll be back riding with the gang before you know it! :D

JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

I've known those inconsiderate fools to come out of the restaurant to find flat tyres. I know that might affect other handicapped people temporarily, but it may also teach the fool a lesson. :o :o
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

JohnL wrote:I've known those inconsiderate fools to come out of the restaurant to find flat tyres. I know that might affect other handicapped people temporarily, but it may also teach the fool a lesson. :o :o

That’s not the way to behave.
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

I try to be perfect, sometimes I just end up being a perfect a***hole. But at least an a***hole with a sense of justice. :lol: :lol: :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

JohnL wrote:I try to be perfect, sometimes I just end up being a perfect a***hole. But at least an a***hole with a sense of justice. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D :D

To passive for me. Confront the person or take it and don't cry in the breast milk.

I'm not trying to be perfect or nice as I'd be perfectly happy with spoiling their meal as a result.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Go in the restaurant and sit in their seats :D :lol:

"You started it" :lol:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I told the restaurant personnel but no one did anything about it. My guess is that this is something they have seen before, but they probably can't do much more than ask him to be considerate and move his car. I'm sure his reply was not printable.

It is unfortunate that our area has so many who are so self-centered. The day will come when two of those types will "bump" into each other in an intersection. It happens often. Each one thinks they have the right to the same space at the same time...and THAT is why my insurance rate keeps climbing even though I am a good driver.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:I told the restaurant personnel but no one did anything about it. My guess is that this is something they have seen before, but they probably can't do much more than ask him to be considerate and move his car. I'm sure his reply was not printable.

It is unfortunate that our area has so many who are so self-centered. The day will come when two of those types will "bump" into each other in an intersection. It happens often. Each one thinks they have the right to the same space at the same time...and THAT is why my insurance rate keeps climbing even though I am a good driver.

At least you are the gentleman in this.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I think what bothers me the most about this is that there were two different generations in that vehicle, and both thought nothing of inconveniencing others for their own self-centered desires.

When I was a child we would have gotten a lecture and told to move our car if our mother...or any older relative...had witnessed us doing that. I guess my mother was raised with REAL Christian values, while this guy's mother was raised to believe that no one else was as important as her, and she passed that on to her child.

No wonder the world is so screwed up!

Do to others what you would want them to do to you. That rule should apply to everyone in this world.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150