It's Raining......

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Re: It's Raining......

Post by big bear »

dry and 41 degrees took the pcx out for a short ride
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

UMBRELLA'S!!
It poured relentlessly all day/night on New Years Eve. Shame for the folks that came from all over the world to join in the festivities. Surprise! They didn't care! They were in The Big Apple on New Years Eve!
Great Entertainment was appreciated by all. To name a few, J Lo, Diana Ross, John Legend performed. Some soaking wet. They truly enjoyed themselves and their fans.
Midnight struck, all joined together singing "New York, New York" while the ball dropped indicating 2019 was born.
Shame the rain and smoke filled sky from fireworks ruined the appearance of the 2,688 waterford crystals adorning this year's ball. Never the less the ball dropped on time behind a curtain.
My photos are blurred. Here are a few anywho...
Attachments
Resized952019010195004420959677.jpg
Resized952019010195004420959677.jpg (162.87 KiB) Viewed 1178 times
Resized952019010195121046954883.jpg
Resized952019010195121046954883.jpg (57.35 KiB) Viewed 1178 times
Resized952019010195121255954517.jpg
Resized952019010195121255954517.jpg (80.05 KiB) Viewed 1178 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

(cont.) More info:
12 feet in diameter and weighing 1,875 pounds - that's last nights Times Square New Years Eve Ball. It's a wonder how they control lowering that kind of weight in a mere 60 seconds from 141 feet above on a specially designed flagpole. Wot?? That's Genius!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

40 degrees and windy roads were dry so i took the bike out for a 10 mile ride
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

WN - Totally awesome pics!

You were there? Wow! o_O

And yes it did pour last night. And windy today. The glare on L.I. Sound was exceptionally bright. Lot's of people out walking and enjoying the 50 F. degree temps.

I got out on the Zuma for about 6 miles. . .had to really hang onto the handle bar. It's fun living on the edge. :lol:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

With fireworks going off until 3 am on New Year's Eve, we closed up the house and tried to keep our dogs calm.

Even last night was not free of the fireworks that are frightening to dogs in general, and especially to dogs that are sensitive.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Noo, OldG I was Not in the midst of all the chaos and frivolity in Times Square. Those Photos were taken from the comfort of my home off my 55" TV ou la la screen. I've lived my life mostly on L.I. and have never been in the Big Apple on New Years Eve. Odd? Maybe.
As teens we never gave it a thought to go into the city, we partied at each others Parent's homes. They would go out and we'd use the space. Remember those days? All in the timing :D Woot! GREAT times!

I figure the Best way in and out of the city New Years Eve Day - is arrive by helicopter 'n leave the same way. Keep dreaming WN, ain't never gonna happen. Those helicopters flying above are keeping the peace. And you ain't welcome aboard!
Ok, so I guess I'm not going less I get there a week in advance. Wait! Renting a "Room with a View" (great song btw), would be Big Buckaroos!
Still not going.

Mel....I gotta go buy me a Lotto tic from that winnner station in Oyster Bay. Heck I'm a stone throw away. I'll be back...
I'm going to "Phone a Friend" :D
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Mel46 wrote:With fireworks going off until 3 am on New Year's Eve, we closed up the house and tried to keep our dogs calm.

Even last night was not free of the fireworks that are frightening to dogs in general, and especially to dogs that are sensitive.
We have a cat who loves thunder and lightning. He has covered netted areas he can access from windows, and whenever storms are around he heads outside to watch.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Crazy cat! I saw an article not too long ago about a person who was standing at his picture window when it was storming out, and he was struck by lightning. I guess your cat didn't read that, so it won't happen to him.

Anyone for fried cat?? :lol: :roll:

Oops! :oops:

Hey Dad, how do you like my new perm? :lol:
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

I used to have a neighbour across the road who loved lightning, same as me. One night we were both standing outside under our porches calling out to each other in a storm when a bolt of lightning struck the road between our houses, that cured us. :o :o :o
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I used to have a neighbour across the road who loved lightning, same as me. One night we were both standing outside under our porches calling out to each other in a storm when a bolt of lightning struck the road between our houses, that cured us. :o :o :o
It's weird being out on the water in a boat when lightening storms start to form on the horizon. Best to get into port ASAP. :o

Standing on the shore of Long Island Sound one time years ago I could actually see the lightening bolts hitting the surface of the water. Sort of like what happened in this video. o_O

big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

40 degrees and sunny rode 15 miles took a picture of my bike in my garage after the ride
IMG_0244.jpg
IMG_0244.jpg (45.99 KiB) Viewed 1100 times
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

big bear wrote:40 degrees and sunny rode 15 miles took a picture of my bike in my garage after the ride
IMG_0244.jpg
Cambria !!! That’s God’s country up there !!! I’m down here in Delaware County ...... ride safe.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thanks for sharing yer pic big bear! Good on you for getting a ride about.
But 40? Well, that's too chilly for me. Temps are dropping here, now that we're getting "into" the heart of winter.
Major snow may adorn us by late Saturday into Sunday. We'll wait on that.
I just might be giving my new Snow Joe plow it's first go around.
:| Rather not.

Snow is and falls for the wee-ones. Playtime! Outta School! Woot!!
Shovel? I do. But No longer ski, skate, snow mobile or sleigh ride. Those were challenging fun filled adventure days, of cuts, bruises, breaks n Trouble :D Yes!!!
Will admit, I'm Very tempted to do them all again. Family says, Noooooo you fool!
One bad fall, and well you know. Snap! Krackle! Pop!
"Ooooh My!" :lol:

Snow is just that...Snow.
Whether to weather the storm or not....
We shall see
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

5 inches of snow here all i can do is look at the bikes cant ride
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Well, it isn't snowing here...and it isn't sunny here...and it isn't rainy...So why can't I ride??

Oh, but it is cold...sort of....it says 36°F but feels like 28°F.

The bikes are still in the basement. I put wind guards on mine...working on them for my wife's bike now...

Just another winter day.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

2 degrees F its just terrible here
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Early this morning it was just 3 degrees F. where I live and gusty winds.

It got up to 11 degrees F. and the gusty winds continue with on and off flurries.

Today I stayed in and got some chores done.

M.L.K., may he RIP. A great man with a greater message for the world . . .. :geek:
Ganglylamb
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 - 125cc
Color: White (NHA16)

Post by Ganglylamb »

It started to get cold here in Belgium as well, today my morning commute was a bit chilly with ~28°F.
Luckily the ice which was on the roads a couple of days ago is gone by now. Last Friday there were lots of black ice spots - at times it felt more like an ice track than a road. Haven't regret the front tire swap from Michelin City Grip to Heidenau K66, great grip - more then my boots it seems; as they were sliding away when I put a foot down at some traffic light :lol: .

Forecast for tomorrow: snow; either I work from home and go for a fun trial ride in my neighborhood during my lunch break or it's the iron cage to work :cry: .
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wow! just when I thought our NY weather was cold Yours is for the Big White Bear!
Polar temps are killer. Hey...stop yer sliding :roll: maybe strip the treads off those CityGrips and make some Boots :lol:
seriously, be careful and listen to inner self. We want tomorrow to be just that..."another day"