scooter meet tonight

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

scooter meet tonight

Post by louthepoo »

Just had a call off the girlfriends dad, he's going to meet up with a few mates on their scooters he's got an Aprilia Atlantic 200cc, I'm going on my S-Wing, there's going to be a few lambrettas, an xmax 125, a couple of PCX's, a bergman and apparently a Kymco Downtown 125. Really looking forward to seeing all these different scooters as I don't get to see many, didn't even know kymco did a downtown 125! I'll get some pictures of them lined up.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: scooter meet tonight

Post by gn2 »

The Downtown 125 is new to the UK but has been around for a while, there's also a Downtown 200 but not in the UK.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

So where is the meet. Sounds a laugh on a nice sunny night

Was supposed to meet the wife after work on the scooter at the local pub. Finished early and took the puppy

Sometimes it's best to leave the scooter behind :lol:
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

We met up at cannock chase then went for a ride around god knows where then back to the chase. Had a go on the bergman 125, PCX, and Xmax. I like the PCX and wouldve been happy owning one if I didn't get the S-Wing but that lump in the seat is annoying. Not fussed about the xmax but I really liked the Bergman, that's a nice looking and riding scooter, seat is quite low but its a comfy bike. There's not much difference in speed between them, the xmax felt a little bit quicker. The PCX was easy to throw about and I can see why its a good buy for city commuting, if I was travelling further I'd want one of the others though I think. Good value for the money though.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

louthepoo wrote:I'll get some pictures of them lined up.
This thread needs pictures! :lol:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

i've asked the bloke who took them to send me some, included my e-mail and mobile number - nothing yet! I shouldve just taken some myself :(
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

louthepoo wrote:i've asked the bloke who took them to send me some, included my e-mail and mobile number - nothing yet! I shouldve just taken some myself :(

Or his number and e-mail :D
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

qed wrote:
louthepoo wrote:i've asked the bloke who took them to send me some, included my e-mail and mobile number - nothing yet! I shouldve just taken some myself :(

:lol: yeah i thought that too! im sure i can get in touch through the girlfriends dad!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

louthepoo wrote:
qed wrote:

:lol: yeah i thought that too! im sure i can get in touch through the girlfriends dad!

Get the so and so's address and camp outside. Shows commitment :lol:
crocky23

Post by crocky23 »

Hey i was wondering if you meeting up again as id like to join. I got up cannock quite a bit please be in touch
JetFalcon

Post by JetFalcon »

I mentioned about joining a motorcycle group to my mom and she assumed they do crazy things. So does this bike group go out wrecking havoc on public roads doing wheelies and dodging cars?

Or is there hope for law abiding motorcycle groups that have people who share the passion for motorcycles and ride safely?
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

I've joined a wild scooter club, mostly middle aged like me. This weekend was a 100 mile round trip ride with a bbq and home made gingerbread biscuits. As I said totally wild ;)
JetFalcon

Post by JetFalcon »

Taz wrote:I've joined a wild scooter club, mostly middle aged like me. This weekend was a 100 mile round trip ride with a bbq and home made gingerbread biscuits. As I said totally wild ;)
You did 100 miles on a PCX150 scooter? So did you take interstate highways or country roads? I live in Southern CA in OC so I am curious since you did 100 miles, if this could do a 50-60 mile trip from OC to LA on interstate.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Ive done 200 mile day trips but dont have the traffic that you would have (widest roads here are only 2 lanes each way). Its fun and PCX does it fine. Others here have done many more miles than me. See http://www.andrewcharnley.com/ (Snoopy on this forum) who is riding round the world on his PCX. If you want to do mostly US interstates the PCX is not for you. You need a 300cc or more (in my opinion). My last bike was a XJ900 and my next will prob be a Piaggio X10 350.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I've done much longer trips than 100-mile round trips -- a few over 500 miles.

There are lots of local scooter groups, we only do slightly crazy stuff in parking lots at yearly rallies. On the road, it's all normal stuff.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Black Bandit
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Black Bandit »

Tried doing a donut on sand today and fell over...