Nice Review of the New PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Nice Review of the New PCX

Post by Old Grinner »

This PCX model appears to be what's called the 2019 in the U.S..

The review was done in Asia just recently. . ..

Nice job! :D

alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Re: Nice Review of the New PCX

Post by alx123 »

That's Philippines.

Better brakes (ABS) and a higher top end @124 kph. Not bad.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
Inoplanetyanin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: WHITE

Post by Inoplanetyanin »

Nice review. Not sure I like the new headlight design and definitely don't like the gold color. ABS would be nice I guess. Not sure I like LCD display.
Review is good indeed.
PCX2016
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016 Special
Color: White Edition

Post by PCX2016 »

looks nice..
American in Cambodia !!!
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

If anyone missed Gator Greg's video posting of the new 2019 PCX U.S. model on a showroom floor here it is again. :geek:

One added note that I didn't mention previously is that I don't think the U.S. model has the "idle stop" feature yet. It's not something that I would want on a scooter but some riders find it useful.

With the new features, leg room, suspension, and higher top speed I may take another look at the newly redesigned PCX the next time I go by the Honda dealer. I always liked my 2017 but the seat was just a disappointment for me and I had to move on. . ..

That said there is almost a $2K price difference between the PCX 150 and the XMax or Forza 300 (if/when it becomes available here). One has to really examine how much scooter they need when making a choice. :geek:
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

Old Grinner wrote:If anyone missed Gator Greg's video posting of the new 2019 PCX U.S. model on a showroom floor here it is again. :geek:

LOL, my vid is a piece of crap compared to the one you posted above from the Phillipines - what a great review that guy did! Loved his braking test and the shots of the PCX in motion - looks very nice. I just traded my recently acquired 2010 Honda Elite 110 scooter for a new 2018 Yamaha SMAX. I thought about getting the 2019 PCX150 but since I previously owned a 2015 PCX150 I wanted to try something new for a change.
Attachments
IMG_5130.PNG
IMG_5130.PNG (430.38 KiB) Viewed 755 times
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
PCX2016
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016 Special
Color: White Edition

Post by PCX2016 »

The first 5 seconds of the first video is my 'urban hell'. Exactly the same over here in Cambodia. It's very interesting that they changed the combi-brake to the front lever. Anyone want to take a guess why?
American in Cambodia !!!
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by GatorGreg »

PCX2016 wrote:The first 5 seconds of the first video is my 'urban hell'. Exactly the same over here in Cambodia. It's very interesting that they changed the combi-brake to the front lever. Anyone want to take a guess why?
Are you 100% sure that the left lever (rear brake) lost its CBS function on what I'll call the 2019 USA model like the one in the video above? I saw some words pop up saying "70% front 30% rear" when the guy said he was applying the right (front) lever, but wouldn't that mean you'd have to squeeze the left (rear) lever to get the remaining 30% front and 70% rear, thus making the left (rear) lever have some CBS functionality as well? I remember on my 2015 that applying the left (rear) brake lever would also automatically activate one of the three calipers in the front, which is roughly 30%. I don't remember for sure, but I thought the application of the right (front) lever on my 2015 would squeeze two of the three calipers (roughly 70%) and also simultaneously activate a small amount of rear brake in order to keep the rear end more planted.

Therefore I don't think anything has really changed with respect to the combined braking system on the new PCX other than the addition of optional ABS on the front. Here's a good article on the CBS:
https://global.honda/innovation/technol ... s/PCX.html
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube