Green Means Go

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Green Means Go

Post by Old Grinner »

Long story short I was on my way home last night. . .driving my Honda Fit. . .maybe around 10PM.

Entering into town near the intersection at the head of Main Street I noticed the traffic lights were showing Red for a left hand turn and Green to go straight.

There was an SUV just ahead of me to the right and I noticed he was slowing down. So I throttled back thinking he may try to make a last second left hand turn to get into my lane to go left down Main Street.

Well. . .he did stay in his lane OK. And. . .he stopped for the Green Light. And stayed like that until my Red light (one of those with the arrow pointing left on it) eventually turned Green.

I looked over to see if he was slumped over the wheel or something.

Nobody beeped any horns at him and he did continue on but it's one of those things I'll never forget. And it was still early. . .holy cow. . .!!! :roll:

Usually the traffic at that intersection reminds me of this. . .. :lol:

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Green Means Go

Post by Mel46 »

In our area it is the Wednesday and Thursday crowds you have to watch out for. Pension and Social Security checks come in on Wednesdays. That means the old folks in retirement homes get to take the car and go shopping. Thursday's are for the "leftovers" who have to borrow a car from some other resident of the retirement home. Now I am not talking about the young, spry 75 year old residents. I am talking about the older ones that still have a drivers license but can't see two feet in front of them. Here are some of their common practices.

1. If the light is green that means slow down and decide what you want to do next time you reach a cross street. That way you have plenty of time to think about whether you want to go left, right or straight. It doesn't matter what lane you are in either.

2. Drive 25 mph at all times because you can't see the blinking school zone light so act like you are always in a school zone.

3. In the turn lane when the turn arrow is green, do not go until the car in front of you has gone through the intersection and is safely on the other street. It doesn't matter if you are the 5th car in line or the 10th.

4. When backing out of a parking space, if you can get the front of the car halfway out of the space, that is good enough. Now put it in drive, turn the wheel and drive. If some fool was dumb enough to park beside you, well too bad. If you hit their bumper, well, that is what bumpers are for. If you dent their car, so what! It doesn't affect the drivability. Just go on your merry way. They have insurance.

5. Always, but ALWAYS, stop 3 car lengths back at a light, even if there is no car in front of you.

6. Don't worry about pedestrians. They will get out of your way.

Feel free to add any rules I may have missed.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

Intersections are a good place to stop and update your FaceBook page. Doesn't matter if the light is red or green. ;) :lol:
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

E. Foster Salsbury wrote:Intersections are a good place to stop and update your FaceBook page. Doesn't matter if the light is red or green. ;) :lol:
Attachments
IMG_0237.jpg
IMG_0237.jpg (62.02 KiB) Viewed 464 times
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Coke ,meth, heroin , crack ,cough medicine, alcohol, Alzheimer, schizophrenia,etc. all have a way of changing the color of traffic lights. Don't ever beep them on..They may come out waling away with an AR 15. Just a tip!!
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Coke ,meth, heroin , crack ,cough medicine, alcohol, Alzheimer, schizophrenia,etc. all have a way of changing the color of traffic lights. Don't ever beep them on..They may come out waling away with an AR 15. Just a tip!!
Wow. . .I did not know that!

If somebody else beeps then I hope they don't think it's me. o_O :lol: :roll:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

You never know what can set some idiot off. Atlanta has more than its share of Road Rage incidents. Heck, recently there was an incident in which someone raged because they were in the fast lane on a crowded interstate and cars didn't get out of their way fast enough. The car ahead of them had to brake in order to move over because of heavy traffic. When the rager passed them he put multiple bullets in the guy's car because he dared to brake. Figure that one out.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Lighten up :lol:
Attachments
IMG_0239.jpg
IMG_0239.jpg (73.19 KiB) Viewed 442 times
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

As seen on a church sign.

"Honk if you love Jesus. Text while driving if you want to see him." :lol: :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(