PCX Trike sighting...

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

PCX Trike sighting...

Post by homie »

I saw this PCX trike scooting west bound on North avenue. Exact color scheme, fenders, top box and all... must be a kit. Which one of you nuts owns it? I want a closer look please.
Attachments
PCX trike.jpg
PCX trike.jpg (64.68 KiB) Viewed 614 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: PCX Trike sighting...

Post by Mel46 »

I didn't think there were any trike kits available in the USA for the PCX. Interesting. Not as nice looking as some of the home-built ones that have been pictured on this forum, but interesting anyway.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

And that color is certainly not native to America. I was caught completely off guard heading east bound with a stupid median between us or I would have U-turned and run it down for a interview with the owner. I drive this route once, twice a week so it's possible I'll get a second chance. There's a large motorcycle dealership on North ave in the area of the sighting so maybe I get a second chance to see one of these strange and rare PCX's

Looked like a grey hair was happily cruising on that little putt putt 8) very, very cool!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

You've got me looking.
Found an Illinois Trike Shop
Their Website http://www.mtcvoyager.com
Their Honda Gallery http://www.mtcvoyager.com/honda-trike-kits/

I just browsed "Honda Gallery." Saw 4 Silverwings triked. No 4th wheel! :P
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (149.17 KiB) Viewed 596 times
There are Some real beauties posing in their Gallery of Triked Bikes.
Perhaps a PCX next? :roll: Mel?

edit: 5th wheel (so wrong) > 4
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Stay on it homie! 8)
Yer right, thems are Not our Colors! Hunt him down and bring him forth to the forum :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I just had time to look at that Gallery. There are some impressive bikes in there! However, there are also some that still have the center wheel (normally the rear wheel) attached. (See pictures 31 and 32 for example).

I love what they have done with the bigger bikes, and that Silverwing really does look nice. If we were still traveling the roads I would definitely look at one of those.

The sad fact is, though, that we hardly ride at all any more. If anyone rides, it is me. Our biggest excuse is the weather. The next 3 days are suppose to be ideal for riding, but the continual rain every afternoon has insured that the grass and weeds are out of hand now. That means cut the grass before the rains start again. :-/

...and my dog is still up most of the night, bumping into walls and peeing in the hall. We keep saying that we will have to make a decision soon, but he has been my close companion for 12 years now. I don't want to take the "easy way out" (which is not as easy as some may think) and just put him down. He looks at me with confused eyes, and he falls asleep in my arms while I am petting him. At night he won't settle down unless he is right beside me with my hand on him. How do you let go of that??
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:I just had time to look at that Gallery. There are some impressive bikes in there! However, there are also some that still have the center wheel (normally the rear wheel) attached. (See pictures 31 and 32 for example).

I love what they have done with the bigger bikes, and that Silverwing really does look nice. If we were still traveling the roads I would definitely look at one of those.

The sad fact is, though, that we hardly ride at all any more. If anyone rides, it is me. Our biggest excuse is the weather. The next 3 days are suppose to be ideal for riding, but the continual rain every afternoon has insured that the grass and weeds are out of hand now. That means cut the grass before the rains start again. :-/

...and my dog is still up most of the night, bumping into walls and peeing in the hall. We keep saying that we will have to make a decision soon, but he has been my close companion for 12 years now. I don't want to take the "easy way out" (which is not as easy as some may think) and just put him down. He looks at me with confused eyes, and he falls asleep in my arms while I am petting him. At night he won't settle down unless he is right beside me with my hand on him. How do you let go of that??

Don’t envy you that Mel.
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

you you wrote:
Mel46 wrote:
It's a tough decision Mel, we had a cat and we left it too long, it finally went mad and had to call the vet urgently. We still don't know if we kept him alive for his sake or ours, but I still carry the guilt. Some time reasonably soon we will have to make a decision about our 13 year old cat. He seems healthy enough but is losing weight and has lost his fur from both flanks, even has the vet confused. Cats are particularly hard to judge because they have a high tolerance to pain.

Keep well yourselves.
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

i just went through this to our cat was 12
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I had a cat once, and she was still going strong at 16. Then she disappeared, which happened on the same day that our neighbor moved. She loved our cat, and our cat loved the outdoors, though she generally slept in the protected area we made for her in the bushes beside the front door. We suspect that she was "cat-napped".

The longest any of our dogs have lived is a little over 16 years. I wish this one would have made it that long before all of the problems began. Well, humans don't all live to be the same age before they die, so I shouldn't expect more of a dog.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I need a trike so that I can do this with confidence... NOT!

https://www.facebook.com/562255475/post ... 678570476/
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150