Delivered: New White PCX Yesterday!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

rweggert
Year: 2018
Color: White

Delivered: New White PCX Yesterday!

Post by rweggert »

I went to pick up my new PCX the other day and they said they lost the keys! So, I had to go back home and wait for delivery yesterday. It's a 2018 white PCX 150 and it's ridiculously beautiful! I didn't want to hear the walk around instructions from the delivery guy - I just wanted to get on the scoot and go! So, the driver was in and out in under five minutes - I passed him by when he was leaving the neighborhood. I rode to the nearest motorcycle shop and purchased a kryptonite key cable lock - seems like a good choice. Thoughts? My immediate next thought was that it needs a cup holder. It's 110 degrees in Vegas and we needs lots of water. Any thoughts on a good bottle/cup holder and where to mount it?

I then purchased a full face modular HJC helmet which barely fits under the seat. I need to press down hard on the seat to lock it, but it works.

Drove 120 miles that first day - not sure where I went but I made sure to drive up and down the Vegas Strip giving high fives to occasional pedestrians as I rode. I had two comments from women who said that my scooter was the most beautiful motorcycle that they had ever seen! It's amazing what you can see on a scooter that you can't see in a car. I was tempted then to drive to the mountains but thought I had better make a couple more investments first:

1. Cup holder
2. Riding gear
3. Protective jacket
4. Tank bag (do they make these with a built-in cup holder?)
5. Additional security?

Any thoughts on the above fellow owners? I'd like to hear about your first day experiences with your scooters. Now, where to today???
Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion
Year: 2018
Color: Dark Pearl Blue

Re: Delivered: New White PCX Yesterday!

Post by Cube »

Congrats! I wish I'd waited for the white. :)

Some items I use or have looked into (amazon links because I'm lazy, definitely shop around)
Bag: https://www.amazon.com/GIVI-EA105-Givi- ... B00AAE2AKY
Cup holder https://www.amazon.com/RAM-MOUNTS-RAM-B ... B000WJ3I1M
- with the Ram Mount stuff, you can get different mounts and accessories so definitely look thru all of them. I use mine for my phone.
Security: https://www.amazon.com/Kryptonite-York- ... B001SMUB7G
- it's super heavy and I actually don't use it too often

For jacket and gear, there's a ton to choose from. Given your location and the high number of distracted people in Vegas, hi-vis and a full set (mesh jacket, gloves, pants, boots) would be what I'd wear. You might even want to invest in a cool vest like https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VMF27O - I recently got one but haven't gotten to try it yet as it's been nice here the last week or so.
2018 Dark Pearl Blue PCX150
2007 Cyber Silver Metallic Silver Wing
2014 Glowing Red Forza 300
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

YES! that's the spirit... I couldn't ride it home from the dealer because expressways but when the guy dropped it in the driveway I was doing figue eights in the street. My wife was laughing and stated she thought it would be bigger. I heard that before woman, go back in the house. Also put 600 miles on so fast it was time for first inspection. Still ride PCX more than sport bike to this day 6500 miles later. Can we get pictures? do you have a brake lock (parking brake)?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Congrats! It's White...That's friggin' AWESOME! :D

Cup holder? I did that. On the bars. No more. Maybe Save yer bar space for other stuff?
I'm a huge believer in staying hydrated. Huge!
So what's the bin to the left? Give that door a push. bingo! Fits like a Glove?
Nooo....a 16.9 oz water bottle!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (63.75 KiB) Viewed 448 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You