Now that is rude!!

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

NADman
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: Now that is rude!!

Post by NADman »

Hells Angels on "Wheels"?
Just think about that for a moment.
What else could they be on?
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

PCX150Rider wrote:Welcome to the future. . .fasten your seat belts and don your helmets. . .it's going to be a hell of a ride! There'll be no escaping it. . .run away. . .run away. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of my favourite movies.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

NADman wrote:Hells Angels on "Wheels"?
Tracks.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
Tracks.
Acid
Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion
Year: 2018
Color: Dark Pearl Blue

Post by Cube »

Foot?
2018 Dark Pearl Blue PCX150
2007 Cyber Silver Metallic Silver Wing
2014 Glowing Red Forza 300
oliver
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: red

Post by oliver »

PCX150Rider wrote:I refuse to go through "self checkout" lines. I defy the cost cutters who try to improve their bottom line by duping me into thinking I'm cool and sophisticated and extra intelligent because I can scan or push buttons and bag my own stuff and let them off the hook from giving someone a job.
You're missing out on putting some organic on the vine tomatoes through as your bog-standard romas to save $1.50 per pound :)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Cube wrote:
Foot?
Horses...sort of...
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Nosubstance
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by Nosubstance »

People these days drive like they just got their driver's license out of a cereal box. I could nitpick what that people do, as an example putting out there ciggerette by rubbing it on the rubber door seal of the bus instead of ground, etc.

Watched a person cut me off while I was driving my rented U-Haul pickup truck when on my way to the Waste Management Facility. We were at the railroad tracks, a Transit bus in the right lane and the car (a Cadillac) whips into my lane thus cutting me off. I would have loved to ram the truck into the car then the bus based on their stupidity. As the saying goes two wrongs don’t make right. I do believe in Karma what goes around comes around.

I drive the city transit bus and I get so much hate for just doing my job. What’s strange and weird is this happens all across America not just in my state.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

As an interesting side note we use to have kind and courteous drivers in our area. For the longest time I was impressed by their politeness.

Then some major companies discovered the tax breaks and lower personnel costs of the South and moved their offices from New York and New Jersey down to Atlanta. Within two years of those announced moves the roads went from mindful drivers to rude, obnoxious a#$holes who couldn't drive worth a damn but offset that by driving faster and being real jerks. No turn signals, turning left from the straight lanes, running red lights like they didn't apply to them, and using turn lanes as their personal straight lanes.

When I use to go to New York many many years ago on business I saw this same kind of behavior. Now I don't have to travel in order to see what I did not like about New York.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

NADman
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by NADman »

Cube wrote:
Foot?
All good but 'Foot' is right up there.
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Drugs??? :lol: :lol:
JustPassinThru
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: white

Post by JustPassinThru »

you you wrote:SUV, perfect for hauling insecurities.
Yup. It's an emotional thing...and often tied to other insecurities, about the size of private parts, etc. And not just SUVs.

Here in my world, where there's money but - in the county - not much space, since California expatriats with their land-use ideas have controlled our county for ten years at least...there's a lot of population density. Odd for Montana; but when you bring in enough people from another area, and they make up a majority...the area becomes just like what they left.

So. Apartment living is how it's done, for most of us. Now WHAT could be more useless for an apartment dweller, than a long-chassis, four-door, diesel, 4x4 pick-em-up? They don't even FIT in the parking spaces...but, about a third of our residents have those loud, stinking diesel trucks that they cannot park, have a hard time driving...but surrrree know how to make them smoke. Google "Rolling Coal."

I was never bothered by people who want big trucks, until we got to where the people who own them cannot maneuver them or park them; modify them with loud pipes; set them up with illegal hardware to blow black soot at the flick of a switch. And three classes of people they hate, are pedestrians, bicyclists, and scooter riders. I'm all three; and more times than I can count, I've gotten a black oily cloud from one of those stupid Bro-Dozers.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Yep, if you can't have it in your State, then you go to another State and get one. That way you can pollute both states.

Our daughter lives in California and she complains a lot about traffic. Solution...go to Montana. That way you can have all the open space and clean air you want, until you pollute that air and crowd those roads.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

JustPassinThru
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: white

Post by JustPassinThru »

I'm not worrying about "pollution." The Earth is pretty durable - it endured all the volcanoes that built Hawaii, Japan, the American West, etc. Krakatoa was a thousand-times more polluting than all the diesel trucks in the world, ever.

The problem is when these idiots, who spend a high five-figures to buy something that's as useful as a storm door on a submarine...when these geniuses use them as aggressive WEAPONS. Laying down smoke-screens in the face of people they don't like or want to irrritate.

And it's not just any smoke. That "environmental" diesel fuel...REEKS. And that black smoke, is oily...stains clothes, car-bodies...and, surely, the inside of your windpipe.
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

Have not been to New Mexico in over 3 years. Anyone been there lately, is there resentment towards outsiders ( not race issue) but out of state people in general overpopulating the area. I know the whole state only has 2 million so I am referring to the Albuquerque region. I live in Seattle and believe me as a passive aggressive city all the newcomers are often seen with some disdain as everywhere you go its crowded. I assume ABQ needs people way more than Seattle needs another soul as its economy needs the money.

FWIW, I have lived in Hong Kong and NYC before and have zero interest in the big city stuff. My Friday and Saturday nights are on the TV or stuff from the library.
:geek:
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Now that the "Summer People" are in town I get a lot more drivers following way too close for comfort. They don't seem to understand that if I have to brake quickly for some reason they will run me right over. Another chapter in the book "All About Stupid People". :roll:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Have you noticed these days how some drivers are over over over cautious, while others will ride so close to your bumper that you can't see their headlights? You can tell the ones taught to drive by grandma vs the older brother...or soccer moms in a hurry.

Come every Wednesday it is really really old folks day on the road here. They stop 10 car lengths back at a light, but getting out of a parking space without hitting anything is a real challenge.

Weekends seem to be reserved for teens that just got their license.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150