Forza 300 gas gauge accurate?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Re: Forza 300 gas gauge accurate?

Post by easyrider »

aguim wrote:
20180321_184710.jpg
aguim wrote:
87112 wrote:My used 300 forza has a stuck gas gauge, meaning it will cycle upon starting than is stuck at 3/4 all the time. Its still under warranty but the dealer says if they find out its stuck because of poor work by the previous dealer who did the recalls on the bike I will have to cough up the money for repairs since Honda will not pay them back for the work. I did find out the previous owner took it in for all recalls, this is the 15 Forza.

so just live with it being 3/4 and not have a chance of paying out of pocket or just use the good old tripmeter. I am leaning towards tripmeter but it is nice to have a working gas gauge?

Or does a gas gauge eventually with miles stop working anyway? I have never had a scooter or motorcycle past 12k miles.
What plastic part is failing???
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

The gas gauge finally moved yesterday!! It went to empty so I filled up, and it only took 1.992 gallons. Meaning== went to empty with 1 gallon left.

It than reset it to 3/4 again after fillup not FULL!
:geek:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Is it definitely being filled full?
Or is the filler cutting out too soon?
Have you tried filling it with a jerry can and funnel?
Think it should take 3 US gallons from empty?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
stryder123
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 forza
Color: Red

Post by stryder123 »

I have been riding for 50 years. One thing I have learned, you never trust a fuel gauge. Ignore it and use the trip meter.