Is my new PCX 150 too small for me?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Is my new PCX 150 too small for me?

Post by homie »

Hey! when is the next parade? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Chapsschwarz.jpg
Chapsschwarz.jpg (60.8 KiB) Viewed 1285 times
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: white

Post by pattomike »

homie wrote:Hey! when is the next parade? :lol: :lol: :lol:
this must be what guys with 30 inch legs wear.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

pattomike wrote:
Jge64 wrote:Its the seat, I'm bigger than you by an inch and with a non stepped seat, you'll fit fine. A seat like this is what I use:

https://bikerzbits.com/honda-pcx-custom-seat-4581.html
That seats looks about right for my needs. Are you in the states? I notice the price of the seat is not in dollars, but some other form of currency. How much does this seat cost in U.S. dollars. do you know? Thanks.

Some other form of currency? You don't get out much do you :lol:
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pattomike »

you you wrote:
pattomike wrote:
Jge64 wrote:Its the seat, I'm bigger than you by an inch and with a non stepped seat, you'll fit fine. A seat like this is what I use:

https://bikerzbits.com/honda-pcx-custom-seat-4581.html
That seats looks about right for my needs. Are you in the states? I notice the price of the seat is not in dollars, but some other form of currency. How much does this seat cost in U.S. dollars. do you know? Thanks.

Some other form of currency? You don't get out much do you :lol:
I realized after I wrote that that it was U.S. dollars. It looked kinda of weird when I saw it, and I thought it was pounds.
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pattomike »

I thought I posted an update on my bike feeling like it was too small. But I don't see it now. So I will repost it.

I may have solved the problem I was having with the bike feeling like it was too small. I went to a garage sale this morning and found too blankets. They kinda look like horse blankets. They are heavy and have a saddle look to them when they are on the seat. It fills the area where the driver sits quite nicely. In essence, it now seems as if the seat is flush, and there is not step-up. It is much more comfortable, and has taken the pressure off my legs. The way the original seating is designed, it was pulling down on my mid-section (if you catch my drift), which made it very uncomfortable. Now my "mid-section" is no longer getting pulled down by the sloping design. I can keep the blankets on the bike full time. They do look like a saddle because they are rugged and coarse, and both have a blue and white cowboy-ish design.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

pattomike wrote: I went to a garage sale this morning and found too blankets. They kinda look like horse blankets. They are heavy and have a saddle look to them when they are on the seat.
Oh you must post a picture for us... PLEASE! I know what you mean about slipping forward on the PCX stock seat. Acclimation time is needed with PCX i'm sorry to admit. You will find some abdominal toning can occur and be beneficial if you ride stock seat. Not saying you will get wash board abs but you will feel some conditioning for a while as a new owner. Kinda like the pain in your neck from a helmet if you aren't accustom... muscles will strengthen over time and use I promise :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:
pattomike wrote: I went to a garage sale this morning and found too blankets. They kinda look like horse blankets. They are heavy and have a saddle look to them when they are on the seat.
Oh you must post a picture for us... PLEASE! I know what you mean about slipping forward on the PCX stock seat. Acclimation time is needed with PCX i'm sorry to admit. You will find some abdominal toning can occur and be beneficial if you ride stock seat. Not saying you will get wash board abs but you will feel some conditioning for a while as a new owner. Kinda like the pain in your neck from a helmet if you aren't accustom... muscles will strengthen over time and use I promise :)
If we don't get a picture just visualise Roy Rogers :lol:
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pattomike »

by mid-section, I was referring to my family jewels. It was very uncomfortable because it felt like everything was being pushed down and back. Yeah, that's right, I said it.
I will most definitely post pics of my horse/scooter tomorrow. I don't have a smart phone, but I have a digital camera. It just needs to be charged, as soon as I find the charger and the camera I will jump right on it. I should be able to locate these items in the morning. I look forward to your thoughts about my saddle set up. I am quite pleased with myself.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

pattomike wrote:I will most definitely post pics of my horse/scooter tomorrow. I look forward to your thoughts about my saddle set up. I am quite pleased with myself.
:lol: :lol: :lol: love the avatar. Don't let the blanket get into the spokes please or you might be exciting abruptly ;) Is why we don't wear scarves with our pilot caps no matter how cool it looks.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I'm real curious (and concerned) now pattomike, did you ever take a MSF course (motorcycle safety foundation course)?

o_O About your new found saddle blankets, word of advice...Don't use them!
You're on a two wheeler now and not rolling inside a 4 or more wheeler. Think about the dangers. I'm Not mentioning them Yet. Whadda ya thinking? :roll:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
GlassMan
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by GlassMan »

I am 6'2 with a 34 inseam and had the same issue with the seat. Luckily..i work at an auto glass and trim shop. I had my upholstery guy take the seat apart and modify it ( new padding ) and then cover it in a black and white checkered diamond tuck vinyl. It looks AND feels AWSOME !! will post pics as soon as the WHOLE scoot is finished....MANY mods !
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pattomike »

GlassMan wrote:I am 6'2 with a 34 inseam and had the same issue with the seat. Luckily..i work at an auto glass and trim shop. I had my upholstery guy take the seat apart and modify it ( new padding ) and then cover it in a black and white checkered diamond tuck vinyl. It looks AND feels AWSOME !! will post pics as soon as the WHOLE scoot is finished....MANY mods !
How did you and your upholstery guy decide what shape to make the seat? Were you able to test it before the vinyl was placed back over it? Or did you just get lucky with how it turned out? Here are the pics of my blanket saddle. I find it annoying that I have to use this, and I curse the short Asians for whom it was ultimately designed. But it does make a difference. Ultimately I want to do what you did, and get the seat re-worked.
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pattomike »

GlassMan wrote:I am 6'2 with a 34 inseam and had the same issue with the seat. Luckily..i work at an auto glass and trim shop. I had my upholstery guy take the seat apart and modify it ( new padding ) and then cover it in a black and white checkered diamond tuck vinyl. It looks AND feels AWSOME !! will post pics as soon as the WHOLE scoot is finished....MANY mods !
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pattomike »

I don't think it is going to let me post a pic. It says the image has to be so and so size, and mine is apparently this and this size. Any suggestions?
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pattomike »

The image must be at least 0 pixels wide, 0 pixels high and at most 1920 pixels wide and 1080 pixels high. The submitted image is 3088 pixels wide and 2320 pixels high.

This is the message I get when I try to attach a pic. Is there a way to make it smaller? That's what she said.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

pattomike wrote:This is the message I get when I try to attach a pic. Is there a way to make it smaller? That's what she said.
YOU WISH! :lol:
Ok lets walk through resizing images for forum.

Use the windows Paint program. If you don't use windows... screwed
Open Windows Paint
click FILE, OPEN
Select from wherever your images are located on your computer
Click on the image you want to resize.
Move dot to pixels or percentage
Enter the percentage or the pixels you want to reduce to.
If you don't like it click undo and try again, nothing changes until you save.
You only need to change (horizontal) if minimum aspect is checked and the image will remain in proper proportion.
A good forum size is 600 x 400 or less

about this size
Attachments
avalon.JPG
avalon.JPG (179.49 KiB) Viewed 1248 times
pattomike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pattomike »

homie wrote:
pattomike wrote:This is the message I get when I try to attach a pic. Is there a way to make it smaller? That's what she said.

Open Windows Paint
click FILE, OPEN
You only need to change (horizontal) if minimum aspect is checked and the image will remain in proper proportion.

about this size
Thanks, let's see if this works. Now that I have taken a pic of it, I don't like how it looks at all. I thought it looked good til I saw the pics. There are two blankets on the seat. There one on the bottom looks just like the top except it is folded up thicker and smaller and forms the foundation. The one on top is necessarily larger in shape to cover and hold in place the one on the bottom. They stay in place remarkably well. The step up on the seat is almost non-existent, and the comfort level is almost superb. I still just want a freaking regular seat.
Attachments
HPIM2097.JPG
HPIM2097.JPG (126.64 KiB) Viewed 1245 times
Greenmeenie
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by Greenmeenie »

pattomike wrote:
homie wrote:

Open Windows Paint
click FILE, OPEN

about this size
Thanks, let's see if this works. Now that I have taken a pic of it, I don't like how it looks at all. I thought it looked good til I saw the pics. There are two blankets on the seat. There one on the bottom looks just like the top except it is folded up thicker and smaller and forms the foundation. The one on top is necessarily larger in shape to cover and hold in place the one on the bottom. They stay in place remarkably well. The step up on the seat is almost non-existent, and the comfort level is almost superb. I still just want a freaking regular seat.
I hope the blanket is at least tucked into the seat so it's secure...otherwise you could go sliding off with a sudden stop. Be careful mate.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Boy, now that you've shown it... I wish I hadn't seen it. How would you like to trade seats with me? I have an aftermarket one in new condition that I could send you to try out. If you love it send me your stock seat.

pattomike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pattomike »

homie wrote:Boy, now that you've shown it... I wish I hadn't seen it. How would you like to trade seats with me? I have an aftermarket one in new condition that I could send you to try out. If you love it send me your stock seat.

It looks like a cool seat. naturally I am wondering why you aren't using it? Did you not like the way it fit you? Thanks for the offer.