214mpg on a scooter?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Re: 214mpg on a scooter?

Post by Urbanian »

gn2 wrote: To say that Craig Vetter is in any way responsible fo the success of the Goldwing is akin to saying that Giuseppe Visenzi is responsible for the success of the PCX.
... guess you had to be here... Vetter was a household name among motorcycle enthusiasts; particularly those interested in highway touring bikes.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Urbanian wrote:
gn2 wrote: To say that Craig Vetter is in any way responsible fo the success of the Goldwing is akin to saying that Giuseppe Visenzi is responsible for the success of the PCX.
... guess you had to be here... Vetter was a household name among motorcycle enthusiasts; particularly those interested in highway touring bikes.

Leave it. You couldn't get close to changing his opinion.

On anything.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Urbanian wrote:... guess you had to be here... Vetter was a household name among motorcycle enthusiasts; particularly those interested in highway touring bikes.
I wasn't in the US but I did ride Vetter equipped bikes in the early 80s and can testify personally for how good they were.
Vetter accessories were/are definitely quality products, but the Goldwing's success is down to Honda's design.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong